Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
So I understand that the Porsche Connect App (or whatever it is called where you can turn on A/C remotely, see where it is located, etc.) works for both Apple and Android. If the Remote Park Assist works for Apple only, does that mean it will require a separate app, or will that functionality just not be on the same app for Android? Strange!
the Connect app is surely already available for Android. I think they’re talking about the Android version of Apple Car Play so you can use selected phone apps like Waze, Spotify etc in place of the Porsche mapping and media functions. I use CarPlay regularly. So assume that if you’ve got an Android phone this is a good upgrade.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
the Connect app is surely already available for Android. I think they’re talking about the Android version of Apple Car Play so you can use selected phone apps like Waze, Spotify etc in place of the Porsche mapping and media functions. I use CarPlay regularly. So assume that if you’ve got an Android phone this is a good upgrade.
Yes - Android Auto = Apple Carplay - nothing to do with the Porsche Connect App which is on both iOS and Android platforms (obviously).

Never use Carplay (prefer built-in Apple Music) and the NAV features (PIRM etc) all work fine. High time Android Auto was made available - ubiquitous across the VW family and Porsche should have been no different (arrogance played a part here along with a commercial arrangement with Apple I think).

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am not referring to Car Play or Android Auto. I am referring to the disclaimer in the '22 configurator that the Remote Park Assist only works with Apple. That doesn't seem logical since Connect App (which I assume would handle the Remote Park Assist functionality) works with Android.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am not referring to Car Play or Android Auto. I am referring to the disclaimer in the '22 configurator that the Remote Park Assist only works with Apple. That doesn't seem logical since Connect App (which I assume would handle the Remote Park Assist functionality) works with Android.
Ah!

Depends really but the disclaimer is there - perhaps there's an iOS feature it is dependent on - don't expect your dealer to know the answer but someone on the forum likely will.

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Probably still being developed for the Android app? I can’t imagine it’s a limitation of the car but just software development being further along on the iOS app than Android

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
i am a couple weeks from my lock date. Do I understand the color options are only for customizations that will cost $$$ more? Or are there more standard color options?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
i am a couple weeks from my lock date. Do I understand the color options are only for customizations that will cost $$$ more? Or are there more standard color options?
Paint to Sample $$$ and Paint to Sample Plus $$$$ - 6 month lead time plus Porsche has to agree to it.

Very expensive but....

No new standard colours (17 currently)

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Paint to Sample $$$ and Paint to Sample Plus $$$$ - 6 month lead time plus Porsche has to agree to it.

Very expensive but....

No new standard colours (17 currently)
I am already shelling out extra $$ for Neptune Blue. That's my limit!

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Well, FWIW, TYD is currently showing our MY21 with a 09/10 estimated Production Completed date
CTs are different. All MY22s are going to come with the updates in the OP.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Has a list of available PTS colours been published/shared?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Has a list of available PTS colours been published/shared?
No not yet some have been named though - ruby red, lizard green, Riviera blue etc (63 to choose from) and the plus option let's you colour match to pretty much anything.