SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I understand that the Porsche Connect App (or whatever it is called where you can turn on A/C remotely, see where it is located, etc.) works for both Apple and Android. If the Remote Park Assist works for Apple only, does that mean it will require a separate app, or will that functionality just not be on the same app for Android? Strange!
I think Google announced today that they're discontinuing Android Auto in favor of Google Assistant...
Sponsored

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
Will the range affect the RWD models at all since it doesn't have a front motor?

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Will the range affect the RWD models at all since it doesn't have a front motor?
Were are you guys seeing any mention of range improvements in that press release? The only battery related thing I saw mentioned was that pre-heat feature

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Were are you guys seeing any mention of range improvements in that press release? The only battery related thing I saw mentioned was that pre-heat feature
Seems like the linked release has been updated since published earlier today. It originally included mention of range improvements like automatic uncoupling of the front and rear motors for efficient coasting.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
I think Google announced today that they're discontinuing Android Auto in favor of Google Assistant...
They are removing the standalone one for mobile phones. As folks really don't manually go into Android Auto on their phone if it is not in their car.

This is like Carplay, you can only use Carplay if you are in a compatible car

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I am going to pretend that my Neptune Blue Taycan (if it ever gets here) is MY custom color....

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
@RCorsa has the approved list of PTS for the Taycan. PM him and he will tell you if its approved

Reminder that if PTS is approved for one model, doesn't mean it passed the durability tests for the another. 911 colors don't necessarily apply to Taycan
I wanted Shark, but its not approved for Taycan

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yes I have the list. It’s long. Also one thing I didn’t know until I wanted to order my 2022 is pts is only available on certain months allocation. Ie if you dealer has a November allocation you can’t do PtS unless they switch the allocation with PCNA to December.
Sponsored