f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Not clear to me, can you explain what you mean?

Today I was talking with a dealer and he was stating that, to his knowlege, all Taycan CT with production week >27/2021 (first week of July) are already MY2022... and to my knowledge European Taycan CTs (produced in July) already reaching the dealer cannot be delivered to customers for a pending update (SW?) yet to be released by Porsche.

Anyone with more details?
So far that's not how US Spec cars are coming through according to my SA. They just got a CT in and its a 2021...produced in July.
Sponsored

WilderAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Not clear to me, can you explain what you mean?

Today I was talking with a dealer and he was stating that, to his knowlege, all Taycan CT with production week >27/2021 (first week of July) are already MY2022... and to my knowledge European Taycan CTs (produced in July) already reaching the dealer cannot be delivered to customers for a pending update (SW?) yet to be released by Porsche.

Anyone with more details?
Mine is in production now and shows as a 2021. I hope most of the changes can be enabled through a software update.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Mine is in production now and shows as a 2021. I hope most of the changes can be enabled through a software update.
As far as I understood from my dealer except PTS the difference between MY2021 and MY2022 are purely software. Mine is also a 2021. He told me that the car will go out of the factory with the 2022 software. So it makes sense.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
As far as I understood from my dealer except PTS the difference between MY2021 and MY2022 are purely software. Mine is also a 2021. He told me that the car will go out of the factory with the 2022 software. So it makes sense.
When I configured my MY22 Taycan at the Porsche centre yesterday there was a new extended leather option that wasn’t available in the MY21 configuration. I think it was for the ceiling grab handles. Not sure if that’s something new or if they had just moved around some options.

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Are you sure about this? Because I asked Porsche HQ about this and they said that models already produced would get the PCM update after a visit at the dealership but that they had not determined yet if the drive train updates (thermal management of the battery + electronic de-coupling changes) would be an update they would be doing on MY21 models.

I'm in a similar situation where I'm trying to get my MY21 that's stuck at the factory to be delivered with MY22 software, or a commitment from Porsche that they will be updating the drive train software sometime soon after delivery.

ATOM_1971

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992S, CayenneS_E3
Country flag
Are you sure about this? Because I asked Porsche HQ about this and they said that models already produced would get the PCM update after a visit at the dealership but that they had not determined yet if the drive train updates (thermal management of the battery + electronic de-coupling changes) would be an update they would be doing on MY21 models.

I'm in a similar situation where I'm trying to get my MY21 that's stuck at the factory to be delivered with MY22 software, or a commitment from Porsche that they will be updating the drive train software sometime soon after delivery.
I should have next week a confirmation about a CT produced in the third week of July...
as soon as I have news, I will let you know!

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag

Mine should be produced for the 3rd September.
For the upgrade, that's what my dealer told me. Now he tried to reassure me maybe ...

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine should be produced for the 3rd September.
For the upgrade, that's what my dealer told me. Now he tried to reassure me maybe ...
Would be interesting to push them a bit on the drive train software updates because either he knows something Porsche in Zuffenhausen doesn't know, or he's not telling you the whole truth.

Reactions: sfr

Taycanrati

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cherry Metallic Taycan Turbo
Country flag
the intro of a better battery, improved software and features affirms my choice to lease the car. in 3 years my taycan might be functionally obsolete, losing value.
Totally Agree.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
What do you think the chances are the '20 and '21 Taycans will get Android Auto compatibility with a software update?

Or is this a hardware issue also?

As an Android user, this is a very big issue, and a big reason I am waiting for the '22.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
My CT ordered in March has been in production since July 9th. Any chance it will include 2022 upgrades if delayed another 8 weeks (delivery early November) ?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My CT ordered in March has been in production since July 9th. Any chance it will include 2022 upgrades if delayed another 8 weeks (delivery early November) ?
Not if it has already been produced/in queue for production. Some of the 22 stuff may come with software updates.

ATOM_1971

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992S, CayenneS_E3
Country flag
CT updates on delivery
Delays on delivery are determined to lack of some components. I have been informed that some Taycans as 992s are waiting the tyre pressure monitoring RDK DCU (same unit shared between the models). In Europe Porsche is delivering the cars to a deposit, while waiting the missing DCUs are reaching the dealer who will be in charge of final assembly of such a missing component. As soon as the missing components will be deliverd to the dealer, the cars will be released from the deposit.

PS
still waiting a confirmation for the SW updates (of MY2022) if available to be installed prior to delivery.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
still waiting a confirmation for the SW updates (of MY2022) if available to be installed prior to delivery.
I would be interested about what you're hearing. From what I hear, the PCM updates will be possible. But the drive train / battery thermal management software updates are TBD.
Sponsored