Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
My MY22 car got built last week so I really hope that it will be possible to upgrade (or unlikely it may be, that it gets shipped with this version).

That Spotify integration alone would be awesome.
Sponsored

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
My MY22 car got built last week so I really hope that it will be possible to upgrade (or unlikely it may be, that it gets shipped with this version).

That Spotify integration alone would be awesome.
I expect that the Dealer will be able to upgrade during PDI? Maybe worth asking them to check.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I expect that the Dealer will be able to upgrade during PDI? Maybe worth asking them to check.
Yeah, I’m gonna call them tomorrow and check.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Yes, there is a difference. With MY22 the PCM got new hardware with better performance. It's not that laggy anymore than the previous MYs.
Actually you can't say if it is hardware update or software optimizations. Unless you have reliable sources ...

Last edited:

Titleist19

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
My22 doesn’t show any new update available at the moment. Let’s see what happens but I doubt that even the first my22 will get the new software.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Actually you can't say if it is hardware update
I was told by my dealer and the delivery guy when I picked up my car in Stuttgart that the model year 2022 has new and faster hardware. That's all I can say.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I was told by my dealer and the delivery guy when I picked up my car in Stuttgart that the model year 2022 has new and faster hardware. That's all I can say.
Mine said he was not aware of any hardware update for MY2022.
Who should we believe ? ??

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Who should we believe ? ??
You believe your source and I believe mine ?

At least there are different PCM units for MY20, early 21 and late 21/22.
Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] pcm_versions

Last edited:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The text mentions a clearer display. Does this mean a display with a better resolution and thus a hardware modification? Or is it brighter by software modification.

It also says from now on every configured Taycan will have the upgrade. My car was configured a couple of months ago but will be build half February. I hope I will have the upgraded PCM? And hopefully also the new alarm sensors? Would be stupid if it wasn’t and they would still installing old sensors and PCM’s when they have the new ones.

Last edited:

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
while Tesla updates to a complete new software overnight…
But sometimes its one step forward, two steps backward. The latest v11 Tesla UI update removed the seat heater controls from the toolbar and replaced them with a games icon. Plus the odometer now covers the map.

The text mentions a clearer display. Does this mean a display with a better resolution and thus a hardware modification?
Does anyone know what the PCM screen resolution is? If the PCM is an LED display in software you should be able to move from black/white icons to full color. Unless the screen resolution changed for 2022. Going from black/white icons to full color might be what they mean by 'clearer display'.

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
I wish they would be more clearer when it comes to software. This is the area where Porsche and other manufacturers keep dropping the ball.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
From Porsche I was told it’s unfortunately not upgradable to older Taycan models as only MY22 will get this.

I fell in love with the Taycan after I drove it and I hope to get one someday but it’s insane to think that in 2022 something like an infotainment tweak/update can’t be added to existing cars, while Tesla updates to a complete new software overnight…
So if you have already received delivery of a MY22 then it should be upgradable?

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe we should all email the PR person who is in charge of this announcement ?

They put his email on the announcement: [email protected]

Probably best way to get the message across that absolutely not clear who gets this update, when and how…
Sponsored