sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I think MY21 onwards have PCM 6.0 - not 100% certain but believe so. I have an MY21 car - wireless CarPlay but not checked Android Auto (with a cable yet) which may be present.
Android Auto is not present on MY2021.
Sponsored

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
so questions:
  1. all Taycans? appears to be yes
  2. date?
At the very bottom of the article they say: “The new functions are standard as of now on every newly configured Porsche 911, Taycan, Cayenne and Panamera. “

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Look at the details ;) With MY22 WIRED Android Auto was announced. Todays announcement says that the updated adds WIRELESS Android Auto to the PCM.

So, to make it short. The new PCM 6.0 that was announced today includes the following changes:
  • WIRELESS Android Auto
  • Native Spotify
  • Improved UI with colored icons
  • Improved charge planning
  • Improved voice commands
Not my point.
I meant it's the same kind of announcement : new release of PCM.

Last edited:

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
How can you tell what version of PCM is installed?

I have an MY21 Taycan that includes Apple Music and Apple Podcast streaming (without using CarPlay or iPhone).

Visie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 CT 4S
Country flag
So it’s not sure or this is an possible update for current owners… :oops:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I find it absolutely amazing and horrifying that Porsche can make a Press release and still so much speculation. What will it take to make a release that is clear and not open to two pages on the Forum.

If they can not write text they sure as hell can not write any software.

Very disappointing again PORSCHE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Look at the details ;) With MY22 WIRED Android Auto was announced. Todays announcement says that the updated adds WIRELESS Android Auto to the PCM.

So, to make it short. The new PCM 6.0 that was announced today includes the following changes:
  • WIRELESS Android Auto
  • Native Spotify
  • Improved UI with colored icons
  • Improved charge planning
  • Improved voice commands
Seems that Porsche prefer to refer to the Taycan PCM generically as 6.0 since launch regardless of the underlying component software versions within it. The announcement could have been better written to simply state that additional new features had been added to PCM 6.0 and ideally, offer some guidance as to upgrades for existing owners.

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] 1643032933810

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Porsche says all of these updates will be fitted to newly-produced models, starting at some point in the next few weeks. It does not, however, provide details on when already-produced cars will be receiving the features. Porsche has said in the past that its PCM 6.0 infotainment will receive over-the-air updates to keep the software current, so it should just be a matter of time before existing cars with PCM 6.0 receive the upgrades
From: https://www-autoblog-com.cdn.amppro...01/24/porsche-infotainment-system-update-pcm/

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche has stated in the older article on PCM 6.0 that the older Taycans will receive the update. Wireless Android Auto might be hardware (I have no clue), but the rest of the Features can easily be rolled out to all of us. It would be the worst decision ever to not do that ?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Porsche has stated in the older article on PCM 6.0 that the older Taycans will receive the update. Wireless Android Auto might be hardware (I have no clue), but the rest of the Features can easily be rolled out to all of us. It would be the worst decision ever to not do that ?
Agreed, especially since the PCM in older Taycans has several rough edges.