🤯 Ford EV will get NACS (Tesla) charging port standard! Just announced by CEO's Farley and Musk

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
It works on an supercharger with magic doc. No argument it works. No need for any backend agreements either, just use Tesla app. Nobody proved however that you can take the magic doc and use it on all existing superchargers. If it did work as you say, why didn't Tesla just sell an adapter instead of engineering the magic doc? They can still limit which superchargers it works on .
as to why they won't just sell an adapter I can never understand why Tesla does anything - but the fact that they haven't opened up the entire network may have more to do with priorities, incompetence, lack of interest, control or any number of issues…

I do not believe they haven't opened the network due to technical complexity or the need for massive upgrades - I think it's not not in Elon's interest for them to do so…

I highly doubt there is technical debt that needs addresses - I would believe Elon doesn't want to is the major and sufficient reason here…
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
as to why they won't just sell an adapter I can never understand why Tesla does anything - but the fact that they haven't opened up the entire network may have more to do with priorities, incompetence, lack of interest, control or any number of issues…

I do not believe they haven't opened the network due to technical complexity or the need for massive upgrades - I think it's not not in Elon's interest for them to do so…

I highly doubt there is technical debt that needs addresses - I would believe Elon doesn't want to is the major and sufficient reason here…
It’s not technical debt, it’s simply needing newer hardware in the supercharger. Just like my 2015 Model S - it has a NACS connector, it will charge from any supercharger, you can plug a CCS adapter to it no problem, except it will not work and Tesla doesn’t even offer a paid option to make it work - hardware too old, no techincal debt.
Sponsored