First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Based on what I read, I would not get a Taycan for my wife at this time
I guess I haven’t had my car long enough to experience the glitches, having picked it up just a few days ago. But yesterday my wife wanted to take the new car for a spin. She had three questions:
- how do I adjust my seat and save the settings
- how do I turn on apple car play
- how do I go into drive and reverse
That was it. Two hours later, it was “this was the smoothest car I’ve ever been in”. Her daily driver is a BMW X3, which is not terribly smooth so maybe it’s a bad comparison. She used Waze to navigate to a friends house and listened to Pandora through the very nice Bose audio system.
I have no doubt that there are going to be things which don’t “work right”, but its clear to both me and my wife that the Taycan has the basics done well.
The car drives like a dream.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I guess I haven’t had my car long enough to experience the glitches, having picked it up just a few days ago. But yesterday my wife wanted to take the new car for a spin. She had three questions:
- how do I adjust my seat and save the settings
- how do I turn on apple car play
- how do I go into drive and reverse
That was it. Two hours later, it was “this was the smoothest car I’ve ever been in”. Her daily driver is a BMW X3, which is not terribly smooth so maybe it’s a bad comparison. She used Waze to navigate to a friends house and listened to Pandora through the very nice Bose audio system.
I have no doubt that there are going to be things which don’t “work right”, but its clear to both me and my wife that the Taycan has the basics done well.
The car drives like a dream.
As long as everything works, everyone loves Teslas too. I'm thinking if your wife experienced the nightly alarm going off for no reason, or having to drive in guest profile, or missing apple car play, or having to leave the car at the dealer for few weeks while waiting for parts - all problems I've read about here, I suspect you'd be hearing a different story from her. That said, I realize that an internet forum will post more negative experiences than positive, so I cannot tell you how common these problems are, but for example the CT alarm issue seems very common and Porsche doesn't seem to have a ready solution even though it's been a while - this type of problem is a good example of early adopter cars. While I would probably remember to disable the alarm every time I park, my wife would almost guaranteed forget on some occasions, and being woken up in the middle of the night by a car alarm would very likely draw her ire.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
… being woken up in the middle of the night by a car alarm would very likely draw her ire.
True.
So far, not our experience.
She is now able to open the car, push a button to set set her seat and drive. We share a key and keep the other one locked away otherwise she wouldn’t have to push the seat button.

ViaHuerto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; X5; Vantage
Country flag
We got our car 12 days ago and returned it to the dealer for repair 3 days ago. All the glitches mentioned above have plagued our car. The worst is the incessant alarm. We have made it clear we won’t take the car back until the problems are rectified. If the car isn’t fixed in 30 days we will start the California Lemon Law process. I have owned many 911s with no issues and expect the same from this car. Period. Porsche should get their act together fast. We also own a BMW X5 plug in which has run flawlessly for one year. Charging, phone app, etc…. Flawless.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
We got our car 12 days ago and returned it to the dealer for repair 3 days ago. All the glitches mentioned above have plagued our car. The worst is the incessant alarm. We have made it clear we won’t take the car back until the problems are rectified. If the car isn’t fixed in 30 days we will start the California Lemon Law process. I have owned many 911s with no issues and expect the same from this car. Period. Porsche should get their act together fast. We also own a BMW X5 plug in which has run flawlessly for one year. Charging, phone app, etc…. Flawless.
Where did you buy the Car? Which Model?

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
That seems a little extreme.

We know about the problem, about the temporary fix. Let Porsche figure it out and fix it.

Pulling lemon law leverage seems extreme. I mean, you waited so long for the car, I would have just use the work around fix and wait.

If you enjoy the car, give them time to fix. What do you get out of it other than Porsche buying it back? time wasted?

What if in 45 days, the found the source and have a fix?

I know everybody has different priorities in life, and you probably don't want to deal with the issue.

Anybody else gonna lemon their Taycan because of the alarm issue?

-ThinkMac-

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag

We know about the problem, about the temporary fix. Let Porsche figure it out and fix it.

Pulling lemon law leverage seems extreme. I mean, you waited so long for the car, I would have just use the work around fix and wait.

If you enjoy the car, give them time to fix. What do you get out of it other than Porsche buying it back? time wasted?

I know everybody has different priorities in life, and you probably don't want to deal with the issue.

-ThinkMac-
No, although it’s super annoying and truly the only consistent “glitch” I’ve experienced with my new 2022 4S! I got logged out of my profile for no real reason once, and Spotify has stopped playing a couple times… other than that and the alarm issue, everything has been absolutely amazing. For me, it’s no big deal to double click the FOB to lock and it bypasses the alarm issue. I’ll wait patiently for a fix while I thoroughly enjoy the 95% of the car that is pure, jaw dropping, driving fun! ?

OP
OP
chenner

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The dealer was actually able to resolve all my issues. Here's a link to the post I wrote of what they did: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/pcm-log-in-and-connect-app-issues-resolved.8311/

Good luck.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Getting slight anxiety here. Seeing all the problems people are having. Pick up my Black CT with 20’ Off-road wheels early Jan. Had to really convince the wife for us to go down the EV route. Hoping I’m not going to get a load of grief off her , “I told you so” etc.
She will be driving the car most and is not the most tech savvy person out there.
ie trying fixes, especially if out and about. Also don’t want her to be stranded alone or with the kids somewhere if the car gets a fault.
Our Taycan is my wife’s daily driver (and our first EV). I’m comfortable with her driving and relying on it. But that largely comes from confidence that if there is an issue, our dealer would take care of us. Worst case, it gets trailered to the dealer and we get a loaner for whatever length of time. Not that anything at all like that has happened yet. The car has really been trouble free for us. One trip in for the big recall over the summer and that’s been it.

My wife is also not very technically knowledgeable. And I’m frequently out of town. On multiple occasions she’s left breakers or GFCIs tripped until I get home. Once, our master bathroom was without lights for a week. ?

And she knows almost nothing about the car. If someone asks her what kind of car she has, she says “green”. Technically correct. ?‍♂

ViaHuerto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; X5; Vantage
Country flag

-ThinkMac-
We plan to use the car as a daily driver. We live outside LA and often stay at hotels (valet parking) etc. The alarm went off 6 times one night & the issues with the "connect" function are byzantine. To each their own but we are not going to spend $2000 a month on a faulty product. The fundamental issue here is that Porsche made the decision that we should "accept" these flaws. Though "known" they weren't disclosed to us before we signed. It is simple: Porsche has 30 days to fix our car. No one is as disappointed as me as I love my 911 and we are friends with our salesman. Way back when I had a somewhat similar experience with a 1987 944S that had a 3x repeated timing chain failure. In that case Porsche gave me a 944S2 free of charge trade and I was made happy. If the dealer calls us as says the car is fixed, we'd be happy but we aren't going to live through a 3 year lease with a faulty car. This is Maserati territory.............

Helixer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 Carrera 991.2 and 2020 Cayenne
Country flag
We plan to use the car as a daily driver. We live outside LA and often stay at hotels (valet parking) etc. The alarm went off 6 times one night & the issues with the "connect" function are byzantine. To each their own but we are not going to spend $2000 a month on a faulty product. The fundamental issue here is that Porsche made the decision that we should "accept" these flaws. Though "known" they weren't disclosed to us before we signed. It is simple: Porsche has 30 days to fix our car. No one is as disappointed as me as I love my 911 and we are friends with our salesman. Way back when I had a somewhat similar experience with a 1987 944S that had a 3x repeated timing chain failure. In that case Porsche gave me a 944S2 free of charge trade and I was made happy. If the dealer calls us as says the car is fixed, we'd be happy but we aren't going to live through a 3 year lease with a faulty car. This is Maserati territory.............
I'm in total agreement with you. Glitches in a $150,000 car should be the exception and rare, if at all. Perhaps I'm ultra picky, but on those few occasions over the years when a new car has an intermittent flaw(s), it really bugs the crap out of me and ruins the driving experience. For that reason, I'm fine with getting a January 2022 allocation with a November/December delivery. Porsche has work to do, and I'm willing to wait. My money works perfectly for them; their cars should approach perfection...within reason.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
This post sums up most of our experiences......we are sort of like in an abusive relationship. We stick around and focus on the 'good times', but we are all a little on-edge because any moment the car might get 'in a mood' and we have to deal with the aftermath.
We all have two choices, stick it out and hope counseling (updates) address the issue, or put in for a divorce that will come in the form of another brand/model or when the new model update comes out.
For me, there is a lot to like and I am going to just deal with the abuse until the next model comes out and will make a decision if I divorce the Taycan for good, or if I trade it in for a similar partner, but about 3-4 years younger (newer) that doesn't have all the baggage of my past relationship.
the analogy is a little suspect, but is sort of how I feel about the Taycan at this point. Honestly, I could deal with the relationship much better if 'her' family was not such a pain in the hinder as well (Electrify America)

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This post sums up most of our experiences......we are sort of like in an abusive relationship. We stick around and focus on the 'good times', but we are all a little on-edge because any moment the car might get 'in a mood' and we have to deal with the aftermath.
We all have two choices, stick it out and hope counseling (updates) address the issue, or put in for a divorce that will come in the form of another brand/model or when the new model update comes out.
For me, there is a lot to like and I am going to just deal with the abuse until the next model comes out and will make a decision if I divorce the Taycan for good, or if I trade it in for a similar partner, but about 3-4 years younger (newer) that doesn't have all the baggage of my past relationship.
the analogy is a little suspect, but is sort of how I feel about the Taycan at this point. Honestly, I could deal with the relationship much better if 'her' family was not such a pain in the hinder as well (Electrify America)
I'm definitely over it. It was fun at first, now it's old and annoying.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag

I definitely threatened to do so and I still might. The only reason I'm not is because the dealer claims that Porsche has a fix and they're still rolling it out. Some members on this forum have attested they got a new part and the problem was resolved. That being said, my dealer still doesn't have any new part available.

Porsche has been perfectly content to tell customers to work around the issue for a long time now (see attached).

Attachments

Nachyomama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
How much did your stealth ppf cost? Dealer do it for you?
Sponsored