Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi all. Finally took delivery of my 4s and absolutely love it. However, something I noticed when I charged it for the first time at a rapid charger is that when it got to 100% the range showed 175 miles. Is that right? Also noticed the word 'overview' in the Charge menu in the PCM was in German!! I went out of the menu and then back in and it went back to English :CWL: I didn't opt for the performance battery pack so its the standard 79kwh. To be honest I thought a full charge would show a range of 250 (which I know you wouldn't get in reality).
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
175 for the smaller battery in this weather is about right if not slightly optimistic depending on driving style.
Thank you. I must be being thick. So let me get this right the charging summary (as attached) will fluctuate when fully charged

Porsche Taycan 100% charge showing 175 mile range 20201129_080051

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thank you. I must be being thick. So let me get this right the charging summary (as attached) will fluctuate when fully charged

20201129_080051.jpg
Yes it’s just like the remaining range on an ICE car. Just maybe very slightly more accurate

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
What drive mode are you in?

The range indicator changes when you flip between range, normal and sports.

it’s an rough estimate at the end of the day but 175 for a smaller battery won’t be far off based on the current temperature.

OP
OP

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
What drive mode are you in?

The range indicator changes when you flip between range, normal and sports.

it’s an rough estimate at the end of the day but 175 for a smaller battery won’t be far off based on the current temperature.
I've been switching between sport and normal but mainly in sport. Not tried range, I'll give that a try. Yes pretty damp and cold up here in Manchester. Thank you for replying

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I've been switching between sport and normal but mainly in sport. Not tried range, I'll give that a try. Yes pretty damp and cold up here in Manchester. Thank you for replying
If your car is new, ie less than 550ish miles then you are not optimised as yet. What I mean by this is that recuperation is limited until around the 500 mile range and the car is still learning your driving habits. You will know when it is more likely accurate range as the recup gauge will show much high recuperation happening on braking etc. When new the green bar will hardly move but when fully enabled it will be noticeably different... As I understand it this is when the motor and invertors switch on fully for regen/recuperation. That in turn should help improve the range a little.

All the other comments about weather/temp etc have a role of course...

The other thing to bear in mind for winter is that the battery doesn’t like the cold and so if you plug in and pre-warm before a trip that will make the car slightly more efficient. I haven’t figured out the exact balance on this but it changed my consumption figure fairly noticeably with the side benefit of a warm cabin in the morning.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
based on that screenshot, your range at full charge is about 238 miles

286km at 75 percent full means it would be about 381km at 100 percent full, or 238 miles

of course, that Is an estimate based on everything others have said earlier

OP
OP

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
based on that screenshot, your range at full charge is about 238 miles

286km at 75 percent full means it would be about 381km at 100 percent full, or 238 miles

of course, that Is an estimate based on everything others have said earlier
Hi Reg, sorry that screen shot was taken from the Porsch Good To Know, my bad just wanted to describe what I meant. Thanks for getting back to me

OP
OP

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
If your car is new, ie less than 550ish miles then you are not optimised as yet. What I mean by this is that recuperation is limited until around the 500 mile range and the car is still learning your driving habits. You will know when it is more likely accurate range as the recup gauge will show much high recuperation happening on braking etc. When new the green bar will hardly move but when fully enabled it will be noticeably different... As I understand it this is when the motor and invertors switch on fully for regen/recuperation. That in turn should help improve the range a little.

All the other comments about weather/temp etc have a role of course...

The other thing to bear in mind for winter is that the battery doesn’t like the cold and so if you plug in and pre-warm before a trip that will make the car slightly more efficient. I haven’t figured out the exact balance on this but it changed my consumption figure fairly noticeably with the side benefit of a warm cabin in the morning.
Thanks Tayc4s, totally makes sense what you're saying. Yep its new only done 200 miles in it. Hopefully as you said it should get better as it learns my driving habits (which I have to say is a bit bad atm ;) ). Thanks again for your advice

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4S with 500 miles on and have seen the mid 170s range when fully charged on 3 occasions. This weekend I have done 116 miles and the range indicator says I have only 25 miles left to play with. Very disappointed with range so far.
It’s

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
Similar problem has started to occur with my own and also with my friends Taycan. Weather at the moment is about +2...+5 Celcius, so not very cold and also we keep our cars in the warm garage but after fully charging the battery it shows under 300 km range and i'm not even sure that it can do even that much with Normal mode and regular driving.

This is definately not okay! Imagine what happens after 3-5 years. Also to note that in the summer time full charge with regular Performance Battery showed only max 350 km range not 400 llike writen in the spec sheet by Porsche....

Also we both optioned additional heat pumpes and it was said while ordering that with that the car spends less electricity on heating and can go longer. Actually this is very frustrating. Especially given that for Battery Plus they charge about 6000 € and it should give you only 50 km more. Concidering this, i think it is absolutely outrageous to get 100 km of less range in real life with normal battery compared to marketing materials.

NB! Just got an update that the real range that was driven after charging was 232 km and the car showed 31 km remaining. So in reality the range in these conditions was actually about 260 km!!!

Porsche Taycan 100% charge showing 175 mile range 128790794_3975911362438909_4263062610594901210_n

Last edited:

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4S with 500 miles on and have seen the mid 170s range when fully charged on 3 occasions. This weekend I have done 116 miles and the range indicator says I have only 25 miles left to play with. Very disappointed with range so far.
It’s about 50F

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I was just just about to post about the same thing.
Ive done 3500 miles and mine started at 100% = 200 miles and gradually got worse.
Now it's 165.
I was doing mainly short journeys, always in normal with regen on.
I decided to do a long one last week and took the risk of getting home with 1% left. Since then the range has gone down. I never use sport and don't go over 85 on motorways.

Hi all. Finally took delivery of my 4s and absolutely love it. However, something I noticed when I charged it for the first time at a rapid charger is that when it got to 100% the range showed 175 miles. Is that right? Also noticed the word 'overview' in the Charge menu in the PCM was in German!! I went out of the menu and then back in and it went back to English :CWL: I didn't opt for the performance battery pack so its the standard 79kwh. To be honest I thought a full charge would show a range of 250 (which I know you wouldn't get in reality).
Porsche Taycan 100% charge showing 175 mile range 20201125_173950
Sponsored