Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I managed to get 36khw/100miles once by rolling down a big hill then driving at mph on a main road at 35mph for a few miles.
Porsche dealer asked HQ about it and they said nothing wrong just adjust driving style!
There must be some kind of battery test they can do?
Slightly bizarre...
Sponsored

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
I managed to get 36khw/100miles once by rolling down a big hill then driving at mph on a main road at 35mph for a few miles.
Porsche dealer asked HQ about it and they said nothing wrong just adjust driving style!
There must be some kind of battery test they can do?
I will not be happy if they mention driving style to me, I wish I’d had the chance to have fun with this car. 100% of my drives so far have been mundane as hell with AC either eco or off.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
This is the most I seem to be able to get, which just fees abysmal to me.
64FCEC93-25B9-4784-9343-5053FB9F0FBB.jpeg
How come your av speed is only 3 mph over 218mi?

Was your car in a showroom and powered on all the time to explain the 87h?

Last edited:

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
How come your av speed is only 3 mph over 218mi?

Was your car in a showroom and powered on all the time to explain the 87h?
It’s a really good question, when I go back and total up the duration of each of my trips it only comes to around 20 hours. So I have no idea where the extra 60 hours are coming from?!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It’s a really good question, when I go back and total up the duration of each of my trips it only comes to around 20 hours. So I have no idea where the extra 60 hours are coming from?!
Weird! But did you not say something about sitting in the car in the driveway to play around with the PCM? Maybe those hours count, but 20 hours sound an awful lot?

Your latest consumption figures also look very odd. It would not be so that you by mistake hve switched on seat heating and massage etc in the car. Tyre pressures are ok?

I guess you are under lockdown in the U.K. so it is difficult to take a longer trip etc. But that would be the only advice I could offer to see the consumption.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just to chime in, and I have done before on this. Unfortunately with the lockdown, I haven't been able to drive the car this month, but back in November/December my numbers were pretty appalling for short journeys compared to some to the figures we're seeing in the US. Anything less than 30 miles would see figures not too far off legataycan in November/December. Last long trip I did was 110 miles or so (with the battery slightly pre-heated, and outside temps 4C-ish), and for the first 25 miles, my average was in the low 50s / high 40s kWh / 100 miles. After about 40/50 miles this had began to slip below 45 kWh/100 miles (remember the number of the screen is the average for the trip). By the end of 110 miles, the average for the trip was about 39 kWh/100 miles - so towards the end of the trip, I'd imagine my rolling consumption was in the low-30s kWh/100 miles. So it does get better as the battery warms-up. However, no where near as good as some of the US figures. My theory is the high humidity we see over in the UK during the Winter (it was up at 100% for much of November and December). I have had the car since July so have seen Summer and Winter consumption. Back in July I was getting 280 miles range easy. So I think this is a peculiar UK Winter thing, unless my battery has degraded substantially (we'll see when I compare figures in the Summer...).

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (19.11.20!), 350GLE
Country flag
I have the same problem. When I got the car (big battery) I had over 400km range when full. Now I get only 252km with 100%. It started before Xmas. I went to Ionity Chippenham all and arrived with 40%. As I installed the chargers there, I ran the battery down to see how the chargers work. At night I tried to charge back up to 100% but the range absolutely dropped and I couldn’t even get home. I had to stop in Baldock again to put some juice in so i could get home. And now as well, it looks like the car thinks it has a smaller battery???
Porsche Taycan 100% charge showing 175 mile range D20A8C65-280A-4EB9-BF82-D19609437B3A
Porsche Taycan 100% charge showing 175 mile range 29943390-65A0-4423-B7BF-2E3AC29CEC5E

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
I have the same problem. When I got the car (big battery) I had over 400km range when full. Now I get only 252km with 100%. It started before Xmas. I went to Ionity Chippenham all and arrived with 40%. As I installed the chargers there, I ran the battery down to see how the chargers work. At night I tried to charge back up to 100% but the range absolutely dropped and I couldn’t even get home. I had to stop in Baldock again to put some juice in so i could get home. And now as well, it looks like the car thinks it has a smaller battery???
Interesting, my car is currently with the dealer having new battery fitted - it lost approximately half the battery capacity, I don't have a very good picture, but you can see the effect here, 95% charge and 100 miles range predicted:

Porsche Taycan 100% charge showing 175 mile range PXL_20201211_192723709

On the consumption topic, I'm doing the nursery run tomorrow - 3.1 miles each way although the weather is predicted to be a balmy 10 degrees. I'm not preconditioning so I'll record the battery usage and update.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Interesting, my car is currently with the dealer having new battery fitted - it lost approximately half the battery capacity, I don't have a very good picture, but you can see the effect here, 95% charge and 100 miles range predicted:

PXL_20201211_192723709.jpg

On the consumption topic, I'm doing the nursery run tomorrow - 3.1 miles each way although the weather is predicted to be a balmy 10 degrees. I'm not preconditioning so I'll record the battery usage and update.
Wow, well that is interesting. Did you lose range gradually or was it pretty sudden?

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
Wow, well that is interesting. Did you lose range gradually or was it pretty sudden?
I got home after running the car pretty low, having completed a long trip where the range was normal. The next time it charged up it only showed ~100 miles @ 100% SOC.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got home after running the car pretty low, having completed a long trip where the range was normal. The next time it charged up it only showed ~100 miles @ 100% SOC.
Sorry to hear about the problems. That's quite bizarre - my initial instinct would have been that it was a software issue or battery management software problem not measuring capacity properly after the battery was run down, but sounds like your dealership has determined it to be a battery hardware problem. I thought it would be quite rare for multiple cells to fail like that so suddenly, and the battery should have a lower floor buffer to stop the battery completely discharging and getting damaged. Just to be clear I have zero education in lithium battery science, so I could quite clearly also be making things up.

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I do daily sub 30 miles trips to work. I normally avg 45kWh/100miles. This evening I decided to follow the traffic (instead of overtaking).

4S on 21’s. Battery temp 20 Celsius. (charged at work).
Porsche Taycan 100% charge showing 175 mile range C720A087-3A6B-4614-A7BC-3DBC682F1615

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (19.11.20!), 350GLE
Country flag
So how difficult was it that they changed the battery and how long did it take?
I am looking to do the appointment now as 100% and only 150 miles is not good enough.

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
So how difficult was it that they changed the battery and how long did it take?
I am looking to do the appointment now as 100% and only 150 miles is not good enough.
They came to conclusion that the battery was toast themselves, though I'd pretty well proven it beforehand.

Currently they've had the car 55 days and counting.
Sponsored