tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi all,

As I promised Jay, I am posting a picture thread of my Taycan Turbo S in Mamba Green with red leather interior. I am a longtime Porsche fanboy, having 2 other cars from the brand in my garage currently (991.2 TTS - being sold; and a Macan Turbo - the wife car). I am, besides a petrolhead, also a big believer in BEVs and an owner of a Tesla Model S P100D, which I can compare directly to the Taycan too, if that's of interest.

I've had the car for a little over a month now and I've almost done 1000km in it so I have some first impressions, although they are not quite complete yet, due to COVID-19. I only drive in the city (managed to test the car outside the city only twice so far due to the lockdown).

Impressions so far:

Things I love:

The Looks
- it's a strikingly beautiful car. People would break their necks to look at it on the street.
The chassis and the handling - handles better than a Panamera, sits low as a 911, corners VERY VERY good, especially for a 2+ ton behemoth.
The rear seats - I have opted for 3 seats in the back, plenty of room for 3 kids. No room for adults, really, at least not big ones.
The interior - amongst the best I've seen in a production car, ever. Build quality is nothing short of superb. Not at all similar to a Tesla, which is like a low end Toyota in the interior dept if you ask me.
eMPG - I think the Taycan has a decent range, based on my driving I've so far achieved an average of 28kw/100km. My Tesla for 10,000 km is at around 27kw/100km, so I'd say those figures are very close. Especially given the fact I am driving the Taycan as a Porsche... and I am normally driving the Tesla as an electric car, eg. not extremely sporty.
Brakes -The one thing I hate on my Tesla and loved on all my other Porches are the brakes. I've opted in for the massive carbon ceramic brakes here in yellow, and believe me, they don't disappoint. To be completely fair, it feels like the Taycan has a shorter stopping distance than the 911 TTS with tyres just out of the garage. In my 911 I sometimes was scared because of the ABS kicking in, especially on surfaces where there's not much grip. With the Taycan, the regen breaking in combo with the PCCB does something short of a miracle.
The electric sound - I find it exhilarating and exciting, also unique.

Things I don't love as much:

Software
- loads of bugs. No OTA updates. Slow. Also, no wifi, so even if the car has OTA at some point, how would it download it? Through the 4G sim inside? I doubt that.
Trunk - would have loved if I could put my dog in there, sigh.
Slow AC onboard charger - 9.6kw is just unacceptably slow for a car of this magnitude. It's gonna drive me mad that in a few months time there will be a 22kw charger on board and I won't have it... It's enough for home charging though to be honest.
BOSE music - does not sound as good as in my 911. Would have opted for the Burmester if I knew that.

And here are some pics, hope you like it.... and sorry it's so dirty, tried to clean it at home but it seems I am not as good as the guys on the carwash :)

Porsche Taycan ~1000km in Mamba Green Taycan Turbo S Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 1- Taycanforum.com
Porsche Taycan ~1000km in Mamba Green Taycan Turbo S Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 2 - Taycanforum.com
Porsche Taycan ~1000km in Mamba Green Taycan Turbo S Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 3 - Taycanforum.com
Porsche Taycan ~1000km in Mamba Green Taycan Turbo S Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 4 - Taycanforum.com
Porsche Taycan ~1000km in Mamba Green Taycan Turbo S Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 5 - Taycanforum.com

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I love the Mamba Green also. I had intended to order that color but I also loved the Bordeaux/Black interior and my wife vetoed the combination as to Christmas tree like. I think that I could personally deal with it. Love the mission E wheel in body color also.

You really spec'ed a car to catch the looks. Also appreciate all your feedback on likes and dislikes. One question, are 22kW AC plugs common in Bulgaria? Seems like plenty of CCS plugs around.

Hope you will be out of lockdown soon so you can enjoy it more.

OP
OP
tnikolov

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I love the Mamba Green also. I had intended to order that color but I also loved the Bordeaux/Black interior and my wife vetoed the combination as to Christmas tree like. I think that I could personally deal with it. Love the mission E wheel in body color also.

You really spec'ed a car to catch the looks. Also appreciate all your feedback on likes and dislikes. One question, are 22kW AC plugs common in Bulgaria? Seems like plenty of CCS plugs around.

Hope you will be out of lockdown soon so you can enjoy it more.
I wouldn't say common, as charging infrastructure is not good here, but yeah, most plugs even public ones are 22kw. It's rare to see 40-50kw or above. However when you buy a charger (say for your home or office) price difference is negligible between 22kw three phase and 16kw or 11kw. I have 6 double 22kw at my office and a 22kw at home. Don't use it @22kw for the Taycan, obviously, although our company Renault Zoes charges at 22kw without a problem :D My Tesla charges @16-7kw. Not a big deal if you ask me.

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
She's stunnning! Never thought green + red + yellow would be a nice combination on a sedan but it actually looks wonderful on the your Taycan. Impressive bit about the braking ability feeling like it matches the 911 TTS. :clap:

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
For those of us new to electric cars, can you please elaborate on this sentence: .6kw is just unacceptably slow for a car of this magnitude. It's gonna drive me mad that in a few months time there will be a 22kw charger on board and I won't have it... It's enough for home charging though to be honest.

Both in terms of what you mean by "in a few months time" and what the difference is between what's in your car? Great look. I wanted the green originally, but wasn't sure how it would come out. It's quite beautiful.

OP
OP
tnikolov

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
She's stunnning! Never thought green + red + yellow would be a nice combination on a sedan but it actually looks wonderful on the your Taycan. Impressive bit about the braking ability feeling like it matches the 911 TTS. :clap:
me neither, I would have never picked this colour combo, but the wife is a graphic designer and she said the red would be killer interior of a green car...

Both in terms of what you mean by "in a few months time" and what the difference is between what's in your car? Great look. I wanted the green originally, but wasn't sure how it would come out. It's quite beautiful.
Sure, someone in this forum said a 22kw onboard AC charger is expected soon. AC is your electricity at home for example. Currently the Taycan has 11kw AC charger . I said this was low, as much cheaper cars are equipped with faster AC chargers. But it’s not a big deal, as when charging home, you almost always have a full night of charging ahead of you :)

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@TC Fan also I wanted to note that the 22kW is virtually a non issue in the USA as it depends on 3 phase power only available at businesses. In Europe there are many public 3 phase AC plugs for EVs to charge at. In the USA the best we have are J1772 generally 32A 7.6kW and Tesla Destination Chargers you can use with a $200-$300 adapter. Those are often >10kW so the car would get 9.6kW which is the limit of the on-board AC charger.

The question that I have not seen an answer to is if Porsche has an larger single phase charger coming. Like a 19.2kW one that would need 240v at 80amps. Though that would be quite uncommon.

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
So cool! That is the spec I have with black rims and white interior! Great review. Great pictures. I’m a little worried about that lack of Wi-Fi and OTA. I’m in Montana and can’t get to a dealer!
thank you

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
@TC Fan also I wanted to note that the 22kW is virtually a non issue in the USA as it depends on 3 phase power only available at businesses. In Europe there are many public 3 phase AC plugs for EVs to charge at. In the USA the best we have are J1772 generally 32A 7.6kW and Tesla Destination Chargers you can use with a $200-$300 adapter. Those are often >10kW so the car would get 9.6kW which is the limit of the on-board AC charger.

The question that I have not seen an answer to is if Porsche has an larger single phase charger coming. Like a 19.2kW one that would need 240v at 80amps. Though that would be quite uncommon.
Thanks for the clarification.

Mmcdonough

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
Hi all,

As I promised Jay, I am posting a picture thread of my Taycan Turbo S in Mamba Green with red leather interior. I am a longtime Porsche fanboy, having 2 other cars from the brand in my garage currently (991.2 TTS - being sold; and a Macan Turbo - the wife car). I am, besides a petrolhead, also a big believer in BEVs and an owner of a Tesla Model S P100D, which I can compare directly to the Taycan too, if that's of interest.

I've had the car for a little over a month now and I've almost done 1000km in it so I have some first impressions, although they are not quite complete yet, due to COVID-19. I only drive in the city (managed to test the car outside the city only twice so far due to the lockdown).

Impressions so far:

Things I love:

The Looks
- it's a strikingly beautiful car. People would break their necks to look at it on the street.
The chassis and the handling - handles better than a Panamera, sits low as a 911, corners VERY VERY good, especially for a 2+ ton behemoth.
The rear seats - I have opted for 3 seats in the back, plenty of room for 3 kids. No room for adults, really, at least not big ones.
The interior - amongst the best I've seen in a production car, ever. Build quality is nothing short of superb. Not at all similar to a Tesla, which is like a low end Toyota in the interior dept if you ask me.
eMPG - I think the Taycan has a decent range, based on my driving I've so far achieved an average of 28kw/100km. My Tesla for 10,000 km is at around 27kw/100km, so I'd say those figures are very close. Especially given the fact I am driving the Taycan as a Porsche... and I am normally driving the Tesla as an electric car, eg. not extremely sporty.
Brakes -The one thing I hate on my Tesla and loved on all my other Porches are the brakes. I've opted in for the massive carbon ceramic brakes here in yellow, and believe me, they don't disappoint. To be completely fair, it feels like the Taycan has a shorter stopping distance than the 911 TTS with tyres just out of the garage. In my 911 I sometimes was scared because of the ABS kicking in, especially on surfaces where there's not much grip. With the Taycan, the regen breaking in combo with the PCCB does something short of a miracle.
The electric sound - I find it exhilarating and exciting, also unique.

Things I don't love as much:

Software
- loads of bugs. No OTA updates. Slow. Also, no wifi, so even if the car has OTA at some point, how would it download it? Through the 4G sim inside? I doubt that.
Trunk - would have loved if I could put my dog in there, sigh.
Slow AC onboard charger - 9.6kw is just unacceptably slow for a car of this magnitude. It's gonna drive me mad that in a few months time there will be a 22kw charger on board and I won't have it... It's enough for home charging though to be honest.
BOSE music - does not sound as good as in my 911. Would have opted for the Burmester if I knew that.

And here are some pics, hope you like it.... and sorry it's so dirty, tried to clean it at home but it seems I am not as good as the guys on the carwash :)

Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 1- Taycanforum.com.jpg
Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 2 - Taycanforum.com.jpg
Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 3 - Taycanforum.com.jpg
Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 4 - Taycanforum.com.jpg
Mamba Green Porsche Taycan Turbo S 5 - Taycanforum.com.jpg
Love the Green I got black with the Burmaster sound system and it is worth the upgrade.love your res interior.

DavidInEngland

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan, Miami Blue Boxster 718, Mercedes-Benz A Class, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
The Looks - it's a strikingly beautiful car. People would break their necks to look at it on the stree
I expect you meant to say something like "People almost break their necks trying to get a look at it" which suggests it is as striking as it looks in the photos? The trouble with photos and video on the web is almost every one shows every colour differently. Sometimes the Green appears bright green and other times dark green. I am trying to decide what colour to order mine in. The Green is impossible to find locally in the south of England. Asking Porsche UK for info on where a given colour is located or has been delivered to is pointless as they just say ring dealers direct - which I did but I don't see why the UK importer can't even tell me where there might be one, It's like they couldn't careless. Anyway, currently I have the same spec as you ( based largely on your photos ) on my order form but will have to decide by the end of August. I assume you still think it was the right choice of colour?

OP
OP
tnikolov

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I expect you meant to say something like "People almost break their necks trying to get a look at it" which suggests it is as striking as it looks in the photos? The trouble with photos and video on the web is almost every one shows every colour differently. Sometimes the Green appears bright green and other times dark green. I am trying to decide what colour to order mine in. The Green is impossible to find locally in the south of England. Asking Porsche UK for info on where a given colour is located or has been delivered to is pointless as they just say ring dealers direct - which I did but I don't see why the UK importer can't even tell me where there might be one, It's like they couldn't careless. Anyway, currently I have the same spec as you ( based largely on your photos ) on my order form but will have to decide by the end of August. I assume you still think it was the right choice of colour?
Agree on the colour and the pics. It was a gamble, but I am happy with it. Still think it’s the best colour combo for the Taycan too. I can send you unprocessed images if you want.

DavidInEngland

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan, Miami Blue Boxster 718, Mercedes-Benz A Class, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Agree on the colour and the pics. It was a gamble, but I am happy with it. Still think it’s the best colour combo for the Taycan too. I can send you unprocessed images if you want.
That would be great! do have a way to email them without me putting my emailaddress on a public forum?