Swellmels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera S, Range Rover, BMW X5 40e
Country flag
Thanks for the great write up. We recently had our order placed for late September delivery (hopefully) of the Taycan GTS Sport Turismo. We love our Porsches and previously owned Tesla's so excited to get the best of both worlds. We live in the Austin area too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Thanks for the great write up. We recently had our order placed for late September delivery (hopefully) of the Taycan GTS Sport Turismo. We love our Porsches and previously owned Tesla's so excited to get the best of both worlds. We live in the Austin area too.
Congrats, that sounds like a great timeline if it holds. The Taycan community in Austin seems to be growing quickly. We should organize a meet up of some sort.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congrats, that sounds like a great timeline if it holds. The Taycan community in Austin seems to be growing quickly. We should organize a meet up of some sort.
Count me in, I am always looking for a road trip and would gladly drive down from Dallas.

Maybe a great BBQ place with a scenic view? County Line on Bee Cave?

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Count me in, I am always looking for a road trip and would gladly drive down from Dallas.

Maybe a great BBQ place with a scenic view? County Line on Bee Cave?
I’ve never been but it looks like they have a great view.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Last edited:

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Warning, this is a long read but I put a bunch of stuff in bold text to make it easier to pick out just the parts you might be interested in (lots of pictures too). I wrote the story in Medium where I will also be sharing more information as I gain more experience with the car. Of course, I will always post here so that community members can share in my folly or learn from anything I get right.

https://medium.com/@the.ev.newbie/swimming-pools-and-electric-vehicles-74a2d27dad69
Thanks for the terrific description of your trip. We are about to take our first road trip from San Francisco to San Diego. Your story is helpful.

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW M6; Porsche Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Warning, this is a long read but I put a bunch of stuff in bold text to make it easier to pick out just the parts you might be interested in (lots of pictures too). I wrote the story in Medium where I will also be sharing more information as I gain more experience with the car. Of course, I will always post here so that community members can share in my folly or learn from anything I get right.

https://medium.com/@the.ev.newbie/swimming-pools-and-electric-vehicles-74a2d27dad69
Great article. After hearing so many problems over the years, nice to read about your experience. My GTS came with malfunction of the charge planner which was grayed out and unusable but was fixed yesterday when I checked so can’t wait to try a long road trip. Thanks for Sharing. Your photos really made the article fun to read and experience.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag

Thanks for sharing and writing that post. I read the whole post and found it really helpful. As a Tesla owner I’m surprised by some of the user experience design choices Porsche has made like the simple process of disconnecting the cable from the car. Why the additional button press, I wonder. But I’m sure I’ll learn and get used to these quirks about Porsche. Again, your post has been super helpful. I hope others take the time to read it to avoid getting frustrated. I’m look forward to learning and living with my Taycan GTS when I get it.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
As a Tesla owner I’m surprised by some of the user experience design choices Porsche has made like the simple process of disconnecting the cable from the car. Why the additional button press, I wonder.
Tesla has a proprietary plug w/integrated release button. Since US model Porsches use the standardized J1772 plug, there is no design to lock the charging cable to the car. Hence, the buttons inside the charging ports.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Really great write up. Thank you for doing that! Also, thank you for the tip on keeping rags and window cleaner in the car for bug removal on a long trip. I had not thought of that due to always using what was at the gas station, but now seems like that should have been obvious to me. Finally, you bought a Taycan, so that actually does make you the sharpest tool in the shed! :like:
Sponsored