11th Hour Delay in Delivery, by a Month!!

jav84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M550
Country flag
Hello everyone -- First post here, have found this forum to be immensely valuable as I excitedly await delivery of my Neptune Blue Taycan Turbo (http://www.porsche-code.com/PMDKTCX7)

I ordered my car in Feb with dealer's one Turbo build slot for an early March lock, ETA was May 14. No delays throughout production, Emden or on boat. In fact, ETA moved up to May 7 and then April 30 (today!) as recently as two days ago, as it reached Port of Davisville RI on April 27. Thanks to info on this site where I have heard of up to two week delays, I waited until car arrived at port to (1) get pre-approved for my loan (lasts 30 days) and (2) sell my BMW.

Lo and behold, as I checked TYD yesterday AM, the ETA out of nowhere got pushed to June 4!! My dealer confirmed they now have the same ETA, but have no answers as to why.

Might anyone have insights to share, or a similar experience? Again, I understand delays in the process, and tried to account for them as best as I could, but did not see coming the 1-2 punch of a >1month delay coming just 2 days before the ETA!

Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello everyone -- First post here, have found this forum to be immensely valuable as I excitedly await delivery of my Neptune Blue Taycan Turbo (http://www.porsche-code.com/PMDKTCX7)

I ordered my car in Feb with dealer's one Turbo build slot for an early March lock, ETA was May 14. No delays throughout production, Emden or on boat. In fact, ETA moved up to May 7 and then April 30 (today!) as recently as two days ago, as it reached Port of Davisville RI on April 27. Thanks to info on this site where I have heard of up to two week delays, I waited until car arrived at port to (1) get pre-approved for my loan (lasts 30 days) and (2) sell my BMW.

Lo and behold, as I checked TYD yesterday AM, the ETA out of nowhere got pushed to June 4!! My dealer confirmed they now have the same ETA, but have no answers as to why.

Might anyone have insights to share, or a similar experience? Again, I understand delays in the process, and tried to account for them as best as I could, but did not see coming the 1-2 punch of a >1month delay coming just 2 days before the ETA!

Many thanks in advance.
Where are you located? There was a tractor trailer carrying a lot of Porsche's (including Taycans) that was totaled on the highway around MA yesterday. I'd imagine your push back would have been further if it was related to that though. You asked the SA already?

OP
OP

jav84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M550
Country flag
Where are you located? There was a tractor trailer carrying a lot of Porsche's (including Taycans) that was totaled on the highway around MA yesterday. I'd imagine your push back would have been further if it was related to that though. You asked the SA already?
I'm in NYC area, so don't think car would find itself in MA, but sad for those future owners...also the "beacon" on the tracker never left Port, so doubt it's a trailer issue. Status is still "Port Processing."
I've read the 19.2kw issue a couple of months back, but I did not select. Have also read on another thread about the software update, but my car started production March 24, well after the apparent date that update would be done at Port. And even then...a month?!
The dealer still does not have an answer.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm in NYC area, so don't think car would find itself in MA, but sad for those future owners...also the "beacon" on the tracker never left Port, so doubt it's a trailer issue. Status is still "Port Processing."
I've read the 19.2kw issue a couple of months back, but I did not select. Have also read on another thread about the software update, but my car started production March 24, well after the apparent date that update would be done at Port. And even then...a month?!
Which dealer?

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
I had eta of May 14th pushed out to June 11th I suspect it has something to do with the software update but still not 100% sure.

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
My build was 4/12-19, Emden 4/20, on RoRo GoodWood 4/24. Reached Hailifax today, Houston 5/12. In the last week while on ship delivery went from 5/21 to 6/25. Status says it will clear port processing on 5/14. Why would it sit in the Houston Port even after processing for 5 weeks. Trucking Shortage? I would go down to Houston drive back.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
My car is just a couple of days out of port (Benicia, California). Tracking still indicates that it should be at my dealership by as soon as this weekend as the port is only about 20 miles away. But now you have me worried....

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo - Tesla model X
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo was delayed for that reason (suspension bolts). I originally had a pickup date of 21 May. It’s now been delayed until the 2nd July. My Tesla goes back to Tesla for its resale value guarantee on the 14th of May. A little inconvenient! They held it back from shipping to do the recall. Hoping they are under promising and over deliver ?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My build was 4/12-19, Emden 4/20, on RoRo GoodWood 4/24. Reached Hailifax today, Houston 5/12. In the last week while on ship delivery went from 5/21 to 6/25. Status says it will clear port processing on 5/14. Why would it sit in the Houston Port even after processing for 5 weeks. Trucking Shortage? I would go down to Houston drive back.
fF the recall was issue 3/11 and your car was produced after that I would assume the updated fasteners would be installed in your car at the factory.

tconrad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Chalk Taycan 4S, E92 M3
Country flag
My car is just a couple of days out of port (Benicia, California). Tracking still indicates that it should be at my dealership by as soon as this weekend as the port is only about 20 miles away. But now you have me worried....
It seems our Taycans are on the same ship and tracking the same exact delivery timeline. I'm skeptical the car will actually get to the dealer this week, but god I hope we don't suddenly lose a month...

Last edited:

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
It seems our Taycan's are on the same ship and tracking the same exact delivery timeline. I'm skeptical the car will actually get to the dealer this week, but god I hope we don't suddenly lose a month...
My expectation is that next week is probably more likely but, I agree, having to wait another month would be a major disappointment.

tconrad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Chalk Taycan 4S, E92 M3
Country flag
OP
OP

jav84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M550
Country flag
Update from my dealer which has provided a lot of clarity, and likely is impacting those of you with similar build dates as myself with cars stuck at port...

Dealer said that my car is one of the many victims of the worldwide chip shortage. My reaction was natural. “How could that be?! The car was built and shipped!”

Turns out my car (and would think likely many others) were built and shipped WITHOUT tire pressure monitor sensors (TPMS). Car will be retrofitted at port when available.

Annoying, but now the mystery is solved, and on bright side, is not something core to the car’s performance or safety. Fwiw, dealer mentioned that several of the 911 models have had stop sales due to an engine issue that could take months to resolve. Dealer said Porsche tries to beat their timelines, but given the global shortage I think hard for anyone to have conviction on the updated ETA.

Hope this helps others in similar situations...which I had better news.
Sponsored