11th Hour Delay in Delivery, by a Month!!

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
Update from my dealer which has provided a lot of clarity, and likely is impacting those of you with similar build dates as myself with cars stuck at port...

Dealer said that my car is one of the many victims of the worldwide chip shortage. My reaction was natural. “How could that be?! The car was built and shipped!”

Turns out my car (and would think likely many others) were built and shipped WITHOUT tire pressure monitor sensors (TPMS). Car will be retrofitted at port when available.

Annoying, but now the mystery is solved, and on bright side, is not something core to the car’s performance or safety. Fwiw, dealer mentioned that several of the 911 models have had stop sales due to an engine issue that could take months to resolve. Dealer said Porsche tries to beat their timelines, but given the global shortage I think hard for anyone to have conviction on the updated ETA.

Hope this helps others in similar situations...which I had better news.
Thanks for the info still very disappointing though.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Same thing just happened to me. Boat arrived in Houston on 5/3. Supposedly cleared port processing on 5/5. Scheduled for dealer arrival on 5/7 (tomorrow).

Just changed to 6/4 in the last hour.

tconrad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Chalk Taycan 4S, E92 M3
Country flag
My chalk 4S has been at the Benicia, CA port for 24 hours. No TYD update since arriving (it still claims the ship is at sea), yet it’s still projecting that it will reach the dealer (30 miles from port) tomorrow. Never really expected that to happen, but grateful this thread has slowly reset my expectations over the last 72 hours. Thanks to all of your posts, when the date mysteriously moves forward by a month at least I’ll be prepared. :/

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Update from my dealer which has provided a lot of clarity, and likely is impacting those of you with similar build dates as myself with cars stuck at port...

Dealer said that my car is one of the many victims of the worldwide chip shortage. My reaction was natural. “How could that be?! The car was built and shipped!”

Turns out my car (and would think likely many others) were built and shipped WITHOUT tire pressure monitor sensors (TPMS). Car will be retrofitted at port when available.

Annoying, but now the mystery is solved, and on bright side, is not something core to the car’s performance or safety. Fwiw, dealer mentioned that several of the 911 models have had stop sales due to an engine issue that could take months to resolve. Dealer said Porsche tries to beat their timelines, but given the global shortage I think hard for anyone to have conviction on the updated ETA.

Hope this helps others in similar situations...which I had better news.
Thanks for the update and the explanation. My car completed production on 3/9 which, per your earlier post, is a couple of weeks before yours started on 3/24 so my hope is that they still had parts on hand when it was built.

My car is in port here in CA but TYD hasn't updated the 5/7 delivery date so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm not expecting actual delivery until next week but hopefully I won't have to wait another month.

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer confirmed my car’s delay is also due to TPMS. But he said “sold” cars are getting priority, so we’ll see what happens.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer confirmed my car’s delay is also due to TPMS. But he said “sold” cars are getting priority, so we’ll see what happens.
Hopefully we’ll see our cars sooner than later.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My chalk 4S has been at the Benicia, CA port for 24 hours. No TYD update since arriving (it still claims the ship is at sea), yet it’s still projecting that it will reach the dealer (30 miles from port) tomorrow. Never really expected that to happen, but grateful this thread has slowly reset my expectations over the last 72 hours. Thanks to all of your posts, when the date mysteriously moves forward by a month at least I’ll be prepared. :/
My car sat in Benecia for 2 weeks, so good luck!

OP
OP

jav84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M550
Country flag
Update. GREAT NEWS! Car has arrived at dealer this AM, I was just informed. Hopefully this is indicative of those of you in similar situation as me. Interestingly, dealer received notification on Monday (5/10) that car was “released for transport”. Seemed like a good sign, but TYD still said “Port Processing” / eta of 6/4 for the entire week. When I checked again this AM, it said the same thing, indicating car was still in Davisville RI / 6/4 ETA. And when I checked just now, EUREKA! “Arrival Porsche Dealer.”

So all told, car arrived at roughly the time I expected when I first put in the order in late Feb. From that perspective, can’t complain. Of course I can’t take delivery until Monday because the techs to do the pre-delivery don’t work the weekend! But alas the wait is over. Pics to come soon (i haven’t yet seen my combo in the forum or elsewhere).

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update. GREAT NEWS! Car has arrived at dealer this AM, I was just informed. Hopefully this is indicative of those of you in similar situation as me. Interestingly, dealer received notification on Monday (5/10) that car was “released for transport”. Seemed like a good sign, but TYD still said “Port Processing” / eta of 6/4 for the entire week. When I checked again this AM, it said the same thing, indicating car was still in Davisville RI / 6/4 ETA. And when I checked just now, EUREKA! “Arrival Porsche Dealer.”

So all told, car arrived at roughly the time I expected when I first put in the order in late Feb. From that perspective, can’t complain. Of course I can’t take delivery until Monday because the techs to do the pre-delivery don’t work the weekend! But alas the wait is over. Pics to come soon (i haven’t yet seen my combo in the forum or elsewhere).
Awesome. Gives me hope. Maybe I should be refreshing TYD less and emailing my dealer more.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

This is great news I’m very happy for you I smiled just reading this felt like I was getting my car.

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
Date improved by a over a month since got off ship Thursday5/13. My build started 4/12, finished 4/19, got to Emden 4/20, got on Goodwood 4/24, after Haiifax, Davisville stops it arrived Houston Thursday 5/13. Just before it arrived at Houston TYD Delivery to Dealer date was 6/25. When it arrived in Houston the Dealer delivery date jumped back to this upcoming Friday 5/21. I'm keeping fingers crossed not another glitch in the TYD app and they are prioritizing sold cars for TPMS and delivery will be Friday.

Anyone else on Goodwood whose cars got dropped off in Davisville on 5/3 get your car delivered? Fingers Crossed.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car just arrived at dealer. It was delivered within original estimated delivery date. I’m so excited!!

Last edited:

Lewis

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Cayman, '21 Taycan (ordered)
Country flag
Hello everyone,
I am in the same scenario and hoping for a similar outcome.
My car cleared port processing on 5/18 in Baltimore. Initial delivery estimate of 5/21. Delivery delayed and now estimated as 7/2. Confirmed with dealer this is related to the chip shortage.

My optimistic nature has me planning to take delivery mid June...
Sponsored