OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
LOOOOOOL 4 months to fit the batteries

It’s so bad.

Tempted to drop 50 percent of the money on a BMW M5 Comp. Deposit is recoverable without a firm delivery date.
Sponsored

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi All,

Just got an update from my dealer, they have been advised by Porsche AG that fitting of 12V batteries to impacted cars will commence from the middle of October through to the end of Jan 2023.

Has anyone else received any similar messages?
Harry, The term 'impacted cars' as opposed to just 'cars' - seems to imply some cars are affected, but some might not be - was that explained at all?

SCPoster

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Porsche 911 997.1 C2S
Country flag
Hi All,

Just got an update from my dealer, they have been advised by Porsche AG that fitting of 12V batteries to impacted cars will commence from the middle of October through to the end of Jan 2023.

Has anyone else received any similar messages?
Spoke to my dealer today and my date is still showing up as November’22. This has slipped from May/June/August.

The new caveat is that Porsche have a backlog of Taycans like mine (900 cars approx built without a 12V battery) and plan to retrofit the batteries by the end of January’23. So the timeframe lines up. At least I get a 2023 car (model year 2022) and I don’t do a lot in December anyway.

pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same story as most of you May, June, September now late November for vehicle completion, December delivery.
Someone said from mid October batteries will be installed. When first cars were affected? June?

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
The new caveat is that Porsche have a backlog of Taycans like mine (900 cars approx built without a 12V battery) and plan to retrofit the batteries by the end of January’23. So the timeframe lines up. At least I get a 2023 car (model year 2022) and I don’t do a lot in December anyway.
While I can appreciate getting a 2023 car MY22, I hope Porsche doesn't take that long. Mine's been stuck at the dealer since August. :(

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Same story as most of you May, June, September now late November for vehicle completion, December delivery.
Someone said from mid October batteries will be installed. When first cars were affected? June?
The previous messaging, link below:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/emden-to-grismby-any-movement.11844/post-179573

Was week 34 (w/c 22 August) + "...worst-case scenario estimation from Porsche AG is a maximum 8-week delay in the delivery of the vehicles from week 34..." = 21 October.

harrybhudia

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid - Taycan 4s ST (on order)
Country flag
Harry, The term 'impacted cars' as opposed to just 'cars' - seems to imply some cars are affected, but some might not be - was that explained at all?
Didnt get a more definitive response, but I guess they are keeping their responses simple.
Sponsored