12 Volt Battery Shortage

Robion179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Can confirm that new vehicles produced from CW40 onwards are equipped with 12V starter battery and delivered to the customers. For cars at the dealer w/o 12V battery the supply of the battery is delayed by at least 4 weeks. My dealer recieved only one set of battery in the last 2 weeks, white 16 Taycans are waiting in the garage.

I hope that orders will be completed before the new facelift model is on the market - pictures are availabile already - really disappointing for those customers
Sponsored

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
So I emailed my dealer today on any new Information regarding when my car will be delivered with the 12v battery fitted (it was produced end of July) and he said he was still
In the dark on when the car arrive in the UK, however he gave me the following info direct from Porsche headquarters;

“For the vehicles produced prior to cw38, affected by the 12v campaign, the retro-fit will commence mid-October. Once the retro-fit is completed, the 4271 blocking code will be removed and the vehicles will be released for transport to Emden.”

cantwait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 C2S
Country flag
According to the factory system, my car entered production in cw38, and was confirmed complete only in cw43, but then moved to the compound where it has been waiting for a 12v battery for almost 4 weeks now... who knows when it will actually get one. I understand some have had "completed" cars waiting 3 months for a 12v battery, so I'm preparing myself for the same...

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
According to the factory system, my car entered production in cw38, and was confirmed complete only in cw43, but then moved to the compound where it has been waiting for a 12v battery for almost 4 weeks now... who knows when it will actually get one. I understand some have had "completed" cars waiting 3 months for a 12v battery, so I'm preparing myself for the same...
My car was completed on July 8 (CW28) and was stored in Porsche Werk 12 facility for almost 3 months until it got to Emden on September 22 (CW39) and finally got on Glovis Stella earlier this month (November 3, CW45).

Porsche Taycan 12 Volt Battery Shortage 1668450155761

MBAZ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i4, M5, Taycan GTS. 911 Cab
Country flag
So curious... for those of you who have finally received your car, what is the date of manufacture? The date it was completed without the battery or with?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
So curious... for those of you who have finally received your car, what is the date of manufacture? The date it was completed without the battery or with?
The VIN number on my car, finished in July, is of a 22 model. I still have no news as to when I will get it.
The warranty starts on the day you take delivery. I asked.

Last edited:

SThurlow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car was completed on July 8 (CW28) and was stored in Porsche Werk 12 facility for almost 3 months until it got to Emden on September 22 (CW39) and finally got on Glovis Stella earlier this month (November 3, CW45).

1668450155761.png
Mine was on the Stella as well. I hear that it is stuck at Benicia wanting for a 12V battery. Word is that there is a decent chance that it will reach the dealer by the end of the year, but who really knows ....