dcarls

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Cayman 2022 Taycan 4S 2021 Mercedes E
Country flag
latest note on TMD - Due to a supplier issue outside of our control, we are currently experiencing a shortage of 12V auxiliary batteries designed specifically for the Taycan. As a result of this situation, certain completed Taycan vehicles, are currently being held at the factory until the 12V auxiliary battery can be installed. We are working diligently to address this issue, and regret that your anticipated vehicle delivery date is being delayed
Sponsored

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
When ordered? When build?

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
latest note on TMD - Due to a supplier issue outside of our control, we are currently experiencing a shortage of 12V auxiliary batteries designed specifically for the Taycan. As a result of this situation, certain completed Taycan vehicles, are currently being held at the factory until the 12V auxiliary battery can be installed. We are working diligently to address this issue, and regret that your anticipated vehicle delivery date is being delayed
saw same message on TYD, but my car completed production 21 June and it looks like it's been at Emden estimated load by Aug. 19, waiting for PSA to confirm the vehicle carrier name and eta... :facepalm:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Mine is being held near the factory at Porsche Werks. I assume it’s because of this issue. Mid July build estimated to be delivered in Dec. 2nd build of same vehicle due to Felicity Ace fire.

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Does this 12volt battery affect all models of the Taycan or just certain ones?

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Eh gad. When will supply chains get back to normal for all car producers.

My Porsche dealer called me in July and said: we were just checking your winter tires and the back two are borderline — my first thought was…. seriously why are you calling me in summer/middle of a heat wave?

They went on… as we are very concerned there will be a shortage of winter tires in the coming months, we were wondering if you wanted to order them now. You won’t need to pay for them until we install them.

That I thought was pretty good customer service. Maybe I should order and extra battery ;-)

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Mine is being held near the factory at Porsche Werks. I assume it’s because of this issue. Mid July build estimated to be delivered in Dec. 2nd build of same vehicle due to Felicity Ace fire.
You certainly got a tough break being impacted by all of the 2022 events. Wishing you luck to get your car asap.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
You certainly got a tough break being impacted by all of the 2022 events. Wishing you luck to get your car asap.
I appreciate that. I was fortunate enough to snag one of the CT4s that were stuck at port in Houston for a couple of months (picked up in May) so I’m not freaking out about the latest delays.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I appreciate that. I was fortunate enough to snag one of the CT4s that were stuck at port in Houston for a couple of months (picked up in May) so I’m not freaking out about the latest delays.
🙂 Maybe you can find a way to snag me one too. I must admit that fatigue is starting to set in…

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I’m surprised you guys in the states are only hearing about this now.

This issue (the 12V lithium battery supplier factory fire) was reported through UK dealers around 6 weeks ago:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/delivery-delays.8560/post-167882

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
It will likely be all variants of the Taycan.

There was a fire at the factory where these are made a few weeks ago.
Yes my GTS ST is stuck at Emden awaiting the 12V battery! Should have been at the dealership next week. The good news, it is built. . .

Kinda worrying a battery factory goes up in flames. Let’s hope these 12V batteries aren’t from LG Chem? Haven’t been working well in iPace and Bolt. Although those were the HV batteries.
Sponsored