MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I picked up my car (4S MY2021), I was told that the 12v battery drainage was a thing of the past and that it has been taken care of via software update(s).

I read numerous posts on past experiences and what to do if it ever happens and those instructions are also integrated in the « good to know » electronic manual.

Now, I got stranded just 2 days ago, out of nowhere, on a long trip after I have parked the car overnight.

Thankfully, we succeeded in resuscitating the car with booster cables and a friend’s car.

Now on my long (1200 km) return trip, the car has been behaving flawlessly. Was this just a hiccup or a serious occurrence that needs to be taken care of by calling my service department?
I just can’t understand how could that ever happen, all of a sudden, with all those updates done, and the car working perfectly (except for the known crappy PCM). The afternoon of my bad luck, I had to turn off the car and start it up again because the PCM would not boot with the endless turning rolling icon…. Could this explain that??
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
if it's not 100% fixed -it is way way way way way way better - I've not had a 12V issues since the software update in summer 2021

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't think the two events are related but you never know. PCM normally powers off once you exit the car along with everything else.

Get it checked by the dealer and confirmation that all applicable software updates have been applied to rule that aspect out.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
What was the issue that stranded you?

From what I’ve been told, jumping the 12V also fully resets the car, beyond simply turning the car off, waiting and turning on again. You probably reset any fault and it hasn’t resurfaced since.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
My recent accident had my vehicle out of commission for a while 2021 Cross Turismo, and I know my car had been stationary and NOT driven for up to 3 months of that time, and apparently my 12V survived just fine and didn't need replacing, I even asked the shop that repaired it before I got my car back.

Porsche Taycan 12V battery is still an issue?!! received_1292818237886848

If that isn't a stress test for the longevity of the 12V battery, I don't know what is 🤔

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
got back to the car after it was parked overnight and was unresponsive. Unable to unlock. Realized it was a 12v battery failure
Sounds very clear cut. What a PITA, sorry you had to deal with that.
Sponsored