vit

First Name
Vit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I have a salvage 21MY 4S that we purchased "running and driving". We ran into an issue with a charging port which in turn led to a dead 12V battery. We tried to charge the 12V battery (with the wrong, non-lithium charger) and then attempted to remove the battery but accidentally shorted it. We now have a lithium battery charger but the battery is not responding. I was wondering if we actually fried the brain on the battery and if it could be rebuilt?

Thanks!
Sponsored

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
I have a salvage 21MY 4S that we purchased "running and driving". We ran into an issue with a charging port which in turn led to a dead 12V battery. We tried to charge the 12V battery (with the wrong, non-lithium charger) and then attempted to remove the battery but accidentally shorted it. We now have a lithium battery charger but the battery is not responding. I was wondering if we actually fried the brain on the battery and if it could be rebuilt?

Thanks!
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. Hope you get it resolved soon and without too much expense.