ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks like the 20,000 then 30,000 reservation numbers announced earlier have turned into 15,000 orders so far.

Porsche Got Over 15,000 Orders For Taycan
https://insideevs.com/news/404638/porsche-taycan-15000-orders/

According to the newly released documents, the total number of orders for the all-electric Porsche Taycan exceed 15,000. The total number of Taycan produced in 2019 is 1,386 (0.5% out of 274,463 total).
Sponsored

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Well, the Taycan was only introduced in the end of 2019.

I'm sure they can meet the 15000 orders

Shoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
Does anyone remember how many they intended to produce per year once the production line was operating at full speed?

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Including the virus for sure!
I guess half the 30,000 deposits havent converted their deposits to orders yet, including me.

I think lots of people waivering between ordering and not ordering are going to put their decision on hold because of economic recession caused by the corona virus. I am a commercial Landlord with 620, yes 620 commercial tenants. NOONE is coming to work (not saying they should), but the result will be that many will NOT be able to pay their rent next month, or use it as an excuse not to pay rent.

I was holding my order till I see all Taycan colors in person and test drive a 4S, but quite frankly, I am now ALSO putting it on hold till I know the full impact of the huge economic downturn will effect my business.

On off topic, but on topic to the insideevs article posted, it is interesting to see Audi sold 45,000 E-Trons

Last edited:

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Anybody got a read on how many people have declined to purchase the car? I know in my dealership, they have told me that many folks have decided not to go forward.

I remember telling my sales guy that he was about to have his best financial year ever. I said that in January when I completed my build with him. Last I heard, he wasn't even working.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess half the 30,000 deposits havent converted their deposits to orders yet, including me.

I think lots of people waivering between ordering and not ordering are going to put their decision on hold because of economic recession caused by the corona virus. I am a commercial Landlord with 620, yes 620 commercial tenants. NOONE is coming to work (not saying they should), but the result will be that many will NOT be able to pay their rent next month, or use it as an excuse not to pay rent.

I was holding my order till I see all Taycan colors in person and test drive a 4S, but quite frankly, I am now ALSO putting it on hold till I know the full impact of the huge economic downturn will effect my business.

On off topic, but on topic to the insideevs article posted, it is interesting to see Audi sold 45,000 E-Trons
fwiw, I haven’t been offered an allocation yet so my reservation is basically uncounted. It’s not an order yet. Afaik build allocations for the turbo S are incredibly rare. Most of these are the launch config / dealer demo models. Or my dealer just doesn’t like me very much. I’m fairly unlikeable.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
fwiw, I haven’t been offered an allocation yet so my reservation is basically uncounted. It’s not an order yet. Afaik build allocations for the turbo S are incredibly rare. Most of these are the launch config / dealer demo models. Or my dealer just doesn’t like me very much. I’m fairly unlikeable.
I think I am in the same category. No word on my Turbo S allocation. Placed my order in September. No word from my sales associate since the February launch event.
Sponsored