Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I understand the rule is that without pics, it never happened? Here they are :)

and a few thoughts 48 hours into ownership... (in no particular order)

It's LOW! may have already scraped the underside front wheel deflectors a couple of times.
And in scenarios where I never imagined I would. Thank F**K for Lift. USE IT!

It's Fast! i can honestly say that the GTS is definitely the sweet spot for me personally when taking into consideration cost per/ "performance". Yes the Turbo and Turbo S are mind-blowingly quick but they're also a good chunk more money. Would've been overkill for me. So very content.

Love the Volcano Grey. Fully appreciate that colour is one of the most personal preferences there is.

The GTS RS Spyder wheels are glorious. Love the satin-like finish to Black. The size is perfect for the arches in both lowered and lowest. It doesn't look half bad sat in Lift mode to be fair.
The Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres do also have a very decent rim overhang, which should do a fair job of protecting the allows from minor kerbing. I did take out the Bodywork and Wheel Insurance. My SA did me an irresistible deal on it.

It feels every bit Porsche quality. Can not fault the way it's screwed together. It's just lovely! I do have one tiny rattle somewhere in the rear though.

I can also honestly say that so far i feel i got the spec absolutely spot on for myself. There were a few options i was toying with but I'm happy where i landed with everything.

-Considered the surface-coated brakes but i love the red calipers.
-Happy to have left out the rear Climate and Seat heating, Would never have been used, and more than happy with how it looks without the additional screen.
-I don't like Pano Roofs. The rear isn't too dark in my opinion and I'll never be back there anyway. No kids either :)
-I don't see me missing INODRIVE. Left off but may give it a try over FOD sometime.

I feel the GTS Interior is well worth the upgrade. The subtle differences do make all the difference. The stitching, the Carbon, the GTS logos here and there, and of course the Race-Tex is wonderful. I'm extremely careful with my cars, not at all concerned about wear and tear. I'll also have it treated for extra peace of mind.
I omitted the Sports Design Clock from the GTS Interior Package. The Sports Chrono Stopwatch in Crayon is rather nice and saved about £450. However, it looks like this money-saving option isn't available on the new configurator.

The adaptive Sports Seats are a dream for me. Snug, grippy, with an abundance of adjustability.

Floor carpets are pretty disappointing! Will be replacing those soon for something a little more luxurious!

Happy with the Head UP Display. I'm very used to having one, would have missed it if I'd left it off the spec. Also much prefer the look of the dash with the HUD cover.

Charging at home has been flawless so far. I'm with OVO so have the flexibility to charge ANYTIME. For now, have set up a single charging profile for 85%. Just plug in when i feel like it and charge to 85%. Simple!
I'll have to go and play with some DC charging at some point. See how that goes.

almost forgot the Rear Axle Steering & Power Steering Plus... I would personally put this on the list of 'must-haves'. The maneuverability benefits alone are excellent. It definitely makes a big car much smaller.

The rear camera is really Bad!

I think that's all for now...

the wait was 16 months, 5 days. Many members on here have always said don't worry, hold your nerve, the wait is worth it. It' true! I'm only 48 hours into ownership and i have already forgotten about the pain of waiting.

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8507

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8517

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8520

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8530

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8533

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8535

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8541

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8544

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8547

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8549

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8554

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8559

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered DSC_8567

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8633

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8665

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8668

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8669

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8689

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8695

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8698

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8703

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8707

Porsche Taycan 16 months, 5 days later... Taycan GTS ST. Volcano Grey delivered IMG_8690

Last edited:

Pedroski66

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan sport turismo gts 22
Country flag
I understand the rule is that without pics, it never happened? Here they are :)

and a few thoughts 48 hours into ownership... (in no particular order)

It's LOW! may have already scraped the underside front wheel deflectors a couple of times.
And in scenarios where I never imagined I would. Thank F**K for Lift. USE IT!

It's Fast! i can honestly say that the GTS is definitely the sweet spot for me personally when taking into consideration cost per/ "performance". Yes the Turbo and Turbo S are mind-blowingly quick but they're also a good chunk more money. Would've been overkill for me. So very content.

Love the Volcano Grey. Fully appreciate that colour is one of the most personal preferences there is.

The GTS RS Spyder wheels are glorious. Love the satin-like finish to Black. The size is perfect for the arches in both lowered and lowest. It doesn't look half bad sat in Lift mode to be fair.
The Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres do also have a very decent rim overhang, which should do a fair job of protecting the allows from minor kerbing. I did take out the Bodywork and Wheel Insurance. My SA did me an irresistible deal on it.

It feels every bit Porsche quality. Can not fault the way it's screwed together. It's just lovely! I do have one tiny rattle somewhere in the rear though.

I can also honestly say that so far i feel i got the spec absolutely spot on for myself. There were a few options i was toying with but I'm happy where i landed with everything.

-Considered the surface-coated brakes but i love the red calipers.
-Happy to have left out the rear Climate and Seat heating, Would never have been used, and more than happy with how it looks without the additional screen.
-I don't like Pano Roofs. The rear isn't too dark in my opinion and I'll never be back there anyway. No kids either :)
-I don't see me missing INODRIVE. Left off but may give it a try over FOD sometime.

I feel the GTS Interior is well worth the upgrade. The subtle differences do make all the difference. The stitching, the Carbon, the GTS logos here and there, and of course the Race-Tex is wonderful. I'm extremely careful with my cars, not at all concerned about wear and tear. I'll also have it treated for extra peace of mind.
I omitted the Sports Design Clock from the GTS Interior Package. The Sports Chrono Stopwatch in Crayon is rather nice and saved about £450. However, it looks like this money-saving option isn't available on the new configurator.

The adaptive Sports Seats are a dream for me. Snug, grippy, with an abundance of adjustability.

Floor carpets are pretty disappointing! Will be replacing those soon for something a little more luxurious!

Happy with the Head UP Display. I'm very used to having one, would have missed it if I'd left it off the spec. Also much prefer the look of the dash with the HUD cover.

Charging at home has been flawless so far. I'm with OVO so have the flexibility to charge ANYTIME. For now, have set up a single charging profile for 85%. Just plug in when i feel like it and charge to 85%. Simple!
I'll have to go and play with some DC charging at some point. See how that goes.

I think that's all for now...

the wait was 16 months, 5 days. Many members on here have always said don't worry, hold your nerve, the wait is worth it. It' true! I'm only 48 hours into ownership and i have already forgotten about the pain of waiting.

DSC_8507.jpg

DSC_8517.jpg

DSC_8520.jpg

DSC_8530.jpg

DSC_8533.jpg

DSC_8535.jpg

DSC_8541.jpg

DSC_8544.jpg

DSC_8547.jpg

DSC_8549.jpg

DSC_8554.jpg

DSC_8559.jpg

DSC_8567.jpg

IMG_8633.jpg

IMG_8665.jpeg

IMG_8668.jpeg

IMG_8669.jpeg

IMG_8689.jpeg

IMG_8695.jpeg

IMG_8698.jpeg

IMG_8703.jpeg

IMG_8707.jpeg

IMG_8690.jpg

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
A beauty!!! Enjoy it I miss mine…still need to wait another 3 weeks to get mine back from the body shop

OP
OP

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lovely. Congratulations. Really happy for you.

Steering is on the wrong side though. You should talk to your SA. 🤣
We get a discount for it... But the first rule of "right-hand drive club" is... do not talk about right-hand drive club ;)

OP
OP

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rear rattle may be from the tray supports in the back...my 22 gts st had a little rattle & it's been eliminated 😀
Interesting. I'll be sure to check that out. I'll shove someone in that back and have them listen

OP
OP

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A beauty!!! Enjoy it I miss mine…still need to wait another 3 weeks to get mine back from the body shop
Thank you :)

and ouch! just checked out your post regarding the damage to yours. Gutted for you. Hope you get it back asap and it's better than new

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
omg that's stunning! I've got a Carmine Red GTS ST arriving in June, was very nearly specc'ed in Volcano, had my Macan GTS in that colour and it was a tough decision for the Taycan..

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Congrats, those Satin Black RS Spyder wheels look fantastic with Volcano!

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations @Matt-Taycan. First class photos and very helpful write-up. My GTS is on the ship just over half way to Sydney. I think 16 months and 5 days could well be almost exactly the same order to delivery timing for me as well. It is an excruciatingly long wait, but posts like yours keep me going. Thanks.
Sponsored