WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
Benw150 - what color is that? Dolomite or Ice Grey? Love it!
Light colors show off the beautiful lines and black trim
Sponsored

OP
OP

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations @Matt-Taycan. First class photos and very helpful write-up. My GTS is on the ship just over half way to Sydney. I think 16 months and 5 days could well be almost exactly the same order to delivery timing for me as well. It is an excruciatingly long wait, but posts like yours keep me going. Thanks.
a little Taycan P0rn from time to time is what got me through the wait. Happy my photos are helping to ease the hurting :)

I'll say it again. The wait is worth it

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I absolutely love the finish on the GTS version of these wheels.

Gloss wheels always look wrong to me, probably decades of racing wheels, and I am not keen on machined highlights either so this version of the spider wheel looks stunning but the ones available on other models fairly ordinary to me.

Also the gloss black with highlights popular turbo 20" wheel is not one I like at all but in the GTS version where it is all black satin finish I like a lot.

OP
OP

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I absolutely love the finish on the GTS version of these wheels.

Gloss wheels always look wrong to me, probably decades of racing wheels, and I am not keen on machined highlights either so this version of the spider wheel looks stunning but the ones available on other models fairly ordinary to me.

Also the gloss black with highlights popular turbo 20" wheel is not one I like at all but in the GTS version where it is all black satin finish I like a lot.
I never waivered from the RS Spyders. They've always been my favourite wheel from day one. They're perfect!

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Cayenne S, Taycan GTS due March
Country flag
I understand the rule is that without pics, it never happened? Here they are :)

and a few thoughts 48 hours into ownership... (in no particular order)

It's LOW! may have already scraped the underside front wheel deflectors a couple of times.
And in scenarios where I never imagined I would. Thank F**K for Lift. USE IT!

It's Fast! i can honestly say that the GTS is definitely the sweet spot for me personally when taking into consideration cost per/ "performance". Yes the Turbo and Turbo S are mind-blowingly quick but they're also a good chunk more money. Would've been overkill for me. So very content.

Love the Volcano Grey. Fully appreciate that colour is one of the most personal preferences there is.

The GTS RS Spyder wheels are glorious. Love the satin-like finish to Black. The size is perfect for the arches in both lowered and lowest. It doesn't look half bad sat in Lift mode to be fair.
The Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres do also have a very decent rim overhang, which should do a fair job of protecting the allows from minor kerbing. I did take out the Bodywork and Wheel Insurance. My SA did me an irresistible deal on it.

It feels every bit Porsche quality. Can not fault the way it's screwed together. It's just lovely! I do have one tiny rattle somewhere in the rear though.

I can also honestly say that so far i feel i got the spec absolutely spot on for myself. There were a few options i was toying with but I'm happy where i landed with everything.

-Considered the surface-coated brakes but i love the red calipers.
-Happy to have left out the rear Climate and Seat heating, Would never have been used, and more than happy with how it looks without the additional screen.
-I don't like Pano Roofs. The rear isn't too dark in my opinion and I'll never be back there anyway. No kids either :)
-I don't see me missing INODRIVE. Left off but may give it a try over FOD sometime.

I feel the GTS Interior is well worth the upgrade. The subtle differences do make all the difference. The stitching, the Carbon, the GTS logos here and there, and of course the Race-Tex is wonderful. I'm extremely careful with my cars, not at all concerned about wear and tear. I'll also have it treated for extra peace of mind.
I omitted the Sports Design Clock from the GTS Interior Package. The Sports Chrono Stopwatch in Crayon is rather nice and saved about £450. However, it looks like this money-saving option isn't available on the new configurator.

The adaptive Sports Seats are a dream for me. Snug, grippy, with an abundance of adjustability.

Floor carpets are pretty disappointing! Will be replacing those soon for something a little more luxurious!

Happy with the Head UP Display. I'm very used to having one, would have missed it if I'd left it off the spec. Also much prefer the look of the dash with the HUD cover.

Charging at home has been flawless so far. I'm with OVO so have the flexibility to charge ANYTIME. For now, have set up a single charging profile for 85%. Just plug in when i feel like it and charge to 85%. Simple!
I'll have to go and play with some DC charging at some point. See how that goes.

almost forgot the Rear Axle Steering & Power Steering Plus... I would personally put this on the list of 'must-haves'. The maneuverability benefits alone are excellent. It definitely makes a big car much smaller.

The rear camera is really Bad!

I think that's all for now...

the wait was 16 months, 5 days. Many members on here have always said don't worry, hold your nerve, the wait is worth it. It' true! I'm only 48 hours into ownership and i have already forgotten about the pain of waiting.

DSC_8507.jpg

DSC_8517.jpg

DSC_8520.jpg

DSC_8530.jpg

DSC_8533.jpg

DSC_8535.jpg

DSC_8541.jpg

DSC_8544.jpg

DSC_8547.jpg

DSC_8549.jpg

DSC_8554.jpg

DSC_8559.jpg

DSC_8567.jpg

IMG_8633.jpg

IMG_8665.jpeg

IMG_8668.jpeg

IMG_8669.jpeg

IMG_8689.jpeg

IMG_8695.jpeg

IMG_8698.jpeg

IMG_8703.jpeg

IMG_8707.jpeg

IMG_8690.jpg
Very nice, I love my GTS ST. Had mine since March and a definite improvement on my previous 4s. Enjoy

Greendoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo GTS
Country flag
Interesting. I'll be sure to check that out. I'll shove someone in that back and have them listen
I have a very similar spec ST GTS and had a rattle from day 1 - turned out it was the 2 part rear parcel shelf. The two sections need to be pushed into a snug fit, else a little rattle. Simple to fix and fully sorted!

OP
OP

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a very similar spec ST GTS and had a rattle from day 1 - turned out it was the 2 part rear parcel shelf. The two sections need to be pushed into a snug fit, else a little rattle. Simple to fix and fully sorted!
clearly, we both have impeccable taste ;) thanks for the guidance with the rattle. I'll get the girlfriend in the boot and have a drive round :)

benw150

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Hybrid 2020, 911 991.1 GTS
Country flag
Benw150 - what color is that? Dolomite or Ice Grey? Love it!
Light colors show off the beautiful lines and black trim
Dolomite, haven't seen any GTS ST in this colour so had no reference. It looks great with all the possible high gloss black accents ticked. thinking of getting the RS wheels in a higher gloss finish

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Sweet ride. Looking fwd to my GTS ST -delivery estimated jul/Aug
Sponsored