18 way seats- how's the fit for larger individuals?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I can confirm the seat bolsters on the 18 way do make ingress/egress more of a hassle. Over time I could see this being subject to wear so you have to be even more careful getting in and out.

My wife loves to complain about how low the car is and how hard it is to get in and out. Lift helps slightly, but then I don't like the look when she's lifted. And no I'm not talking about my wife there...
Sponsored

Tornadosailor

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, 997/1, Fiat500E
Country flag
I am 6' 3" and 200 pounds and find the lumbar support too low in the 18 way seats. I am not sure if the other seats would be better, but I don't love the 18 way ones, at least for my body type.
after trying out both fully agree. Everybody saying that both are the same beside more and adjustable side bolstering but having a sensitive lower back i would say 14w are much better for me with a more flat lumbar support in lower part. got 18w in my Cayenne now but went for 14w in Taycan CT.

Reactions: B61

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
might be a simple question, but does it make a difference in terms of "leg room" on the rear, the type of seat you go for? My question is because I use a rear facing child seat on my current Taycan and plan on doing the same on the CT, but did not want to lose the space I have at the moment (for instance if the 18 ways takes slightly more space on the back)
Sponsored