18-way Sport Seat & 4+1

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Strange... would be interesting to hear what the dealer has to say about that.
An off topic question: did you get the PSCB? If yes, can you post some pictures?
I didn't I'm afraid, just on the standard red ones for the 4S.
Sponsored

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
I received my MY21 car today and just spotted that, same as described in this thread, the rear seats don't match the front 18-way seat panels. The configurator showed them matching... it does bother me a little bit but not sure if it's worth pushing them to correct.
Radio silence from the sales manager since I asked why the seats don't match. Going to leave it over the weekend and follow up again - not that impressed with being ignored.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received my MY21 car today and just spotted that, same as described in this thread, the rear seats don't match the front 18-way seat panels. The configurator showed them matching... it does bother me a little bit but not sure if it's worth pushing them to correct.
I doubt they will correct it. I'm sure there's a disclaimer somewhere that the configurator is just an estimate and doesn't guarantee anything. The seat option itself doesn't specify that it will be the same design in the rear.

Maybe push for a small credit or something?

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
The norwegian configurator is still wrong. I presume it causes more complaint in certain markets, so they changed it? I wonder why they didn't fix it for all markets.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
The norwegian configurator is still wrong. I presume it causes more complaint in certain markets, so they changed it? I wonder why they didn't fix it for all markets.
Yeah I've sent an email to the sales manager to find out what's going on. I am sure they have a disclaimer on the website saying it's not an exact representation, but this is a bit different from that.

I don't think it's unreasonable that when the "different seats" option is selected, and the back ones change along with the front ones, the customer thinks that is going to happen.

Radio silence from the sales manager since I emailed...

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Yeah I've sent an email to the sales manager to find out what's going on. I am sure they have a disclaimer on the website saying it's not an exact representation, but this is a bit different from that.

I don't think it's unreasonable that when the "different seats" option is selected, and the back ones change along with the front ones, the customer thinks that is going to happen.

Radio silence from the sales manager since I emailed...
Any update from your dealer re the seat mismatch? I have a 2021 model year on order (Nov build, Dec delivery) and have specified front 18-way sports seats with the 4+1 rears. I am not sure if its the 4+1 option or the 18-ways that cause the mismatch problem. I can live with the mismatch if that's what ends up being delivered (I actually have no other choice as well past the freeze date) but if its the 4+1's that cause the issue I think I would have left them off my order. I would have been happier with matching seats than having the versatility of an additional rear seat which in truth will probably never be used. In fact, I only added the 4+1's after being guided by my dealer as he said it was a very popular option and would help future resale. I guess it is what it is now!

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Any update from your dealer re the seat mismatch? I have a 2021 model year on order (Nov build, Dec delivery) and have specified front 18-way sports seats with the 4+1 rears. I am not sure if its the 4+1 option or the 18-ways that cause the mismatch problem. I can live with the mismatch if that's what ends up being delivered (I actually have no other choice as well past the freeze date) but if its the 4+1's that cause the issue I think I would have left them off my order. I would have been happier with matching seats than having the versatility of an additional rear seat which in truth will probably never be used. In fact, I only added the 4+1's after being guided by my dealer as he said it was a very popular option and would help future resale. I guess it is what it is now!
Radio silence continues from the dealer. I'll send her another email. I like the 18 way seats but definitely annoyed they don't match up.

Something to consider is that you get a 40:20:40 split folding seat with the 4+1 which is good for me for taking passengers + skis.

Also if you get the storage pack it puts a storage tray on the hump in front of the back middle seat, so if you plan to put anyone in the middle you may want to skip the storage (but that removes the sides from the space under the climate screen).

Mr-Propper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera
Country flag
I checked three Taycan Model year 2020 with 18-way sports seats with the 4+1 rears. All have the same Front to back seat mismatch. The mismatch comes from the 4+1 rear option. I am pretty sure Model year 2021 has the same mismatch. Don´t believe the pictures in the configurator.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I checked three Taycan Model year 2020 with 18-way sports seats with the 4+1 rears. All have the same Front to back seat mismatch. The mismatch comes from the 4+1 rear option. I am pretty sure Model year 2021 has the same mismatch. Don´t believe the pictures in the configurator.
I think you are right! I believe this car is a MY2021 (it has the new smaller/lighter PSCB calibers) and the back seat mismatch is still there:

https://finder.porsche.com/de/de_DE/Taycan-Turbo-226276

Weird that they don’t fix it in the configuratior...

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
So I was watching a video review on YT today and noticed this car has the 18 way seats but just the 2 seats in the rear, there is no mis match on seat pattern here. I am guessing from this it is just when you order the 2+1 with the 18 way seats...

You get a glimpse of the rear seats after 20mins 20secs.

Worth a watch of the entire video if you havent seen it :like:

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
interesting, hadn’t noticed that. I’d put up with the seat mismatch so I didn’t have to see that horrible looking tray between the two rear seats (same reason with the storage pack in the rear).

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
Don't know about others, but I am a little surprised at this.

Thankfully, I didn't order the 2 +1 seats, but had I ordered them, and they came mismatched, that would have been a problem for me.

I just don't understand why they would do this?

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car arrived last week with the mismatch. Weirdly it’s less obvious in person that it is in the pics. Annoys me a little but would still go for 4+1

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think they only have one type of rear seat in 2+1. I have the mismatched seats and not once have I gotten into the car thinking "I wish my seats weren't mismatched".
Sponsored