18way adaptive sports seats - moving automatically?

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I approached a sharp right hand bend today and two people were walking on the pavement just on the corner, the car brake checked and come up with a collision warning which I guess was because the car had seen the people.

all good so far….. but both my wife and I noticed that the seat bolsters squeezed in for a few seconds after the warning. Do they suppose to do that ( I guess so) and is there any other occasions that they move automatically for example during high g force corners etc?
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I have 18 way seats in the Taycan and also had them in a GT3 which I drove in track events. I never noticed the behavior you mention although, full disclosure, the seats in both cars are/were already at least partially inflated to be snug.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
it's a pre-collision safety feature, like seatbelt tensioning and window closing.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I had an SL600 that did that (not for safety but when it felt like you needed a hug I guess). Wasn’t a fan.

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Thanks all. Strange I can’t find anything written in the technical data that it does this though although it makes sense with the name ’ adaptive’

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks all. Strange I can’t find anything written in the technical data that it does this though although it makes sense with the name ’ adaptive’
Do you have ACC, do your set belts pre-tension after you drive off?

If so then it will be part of that.