NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
[Some of] the newest EA stations are made by ABB - white fascia with green neon accents, gray sides. Sticker example below. I've had 100% success rate (not plug and charge - I have an MY2020) with these stations, both 150 kW and 350 kW (see 240 - 264 kW, once peaked at 272 kW).

Porsche Taycan 19.2kW charger fix for EA charging and Plug & Charge IMG_2370

I've had 20% success rate with older Signet stations (no green neon accents).
Sponsored

ron.lovetri

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Hello-

Don't know if I should start a new thread so please let me know. Based on the information in this thread we had the Plug and Charge update done. The good news, it works and the dealer did a wonderful job! It was the first update 19.2 update that was done at the dealership. The bad news is that features on the Porsche Connect App are not enabled after the PCM reset because it thinks remote access is not enabled. This is true for both the main user (Mel) and the secondary user (Ron).

General Information - Screenshots
  • remote access is enabled for both users (see attached Account with...)
  • The Connect App thinks remote access needs to be enabled (see attached myPorsche 1-5)
The connect app on my Android phone and iMac desktop have functions disabled with the error message, "In order to use this service the main user must activate remote access." As you can see from the Account screenshot the main user (Melanie) and secondary users (Ron) both have remote access enabled.​
I have spent hours on the phone with Customer support. One day I used over 20 miles of charge sitting in my garage on the phone with Customer Support. I have:
  • Had the main user (my wife Mel) delete me and re-add me to the account
  • Delete all my apps and reloaded
  • Delete and re-added my account from the PCM
These are the steps I tried:
  1. Deleted Ron account from the Taycan
  2. Deleted Ron secondary user account from Mel's (main user) Porsche desktop account. This was strange because I needed to delete myself twice. The first time I deleted the secondary user [email protected], it appeared again. This may have been the source of the entire issue
  3. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Porsche Connect App on my phone
  4. Added Ron as a secondary user (normal process)
  5. Added Ron as an account on the Taycan

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Ron

Porsche Taycan 19.2kW charger fix for EA charging and Plug & Charge Account with remote access

Porsche Taycan 19.2kW charger fix for EA charging and Plug & Charge myPorsche Services 1

Porsche Taycan 19.2kW charger fix for EA charging and Plug & Charge myPorsche Services 2

Porsche Taycan 19.2kW charger fix for EA charging and Plug & Charge myPorsche Services 3

Porsche Taycan 19.2kW charger fix for EA charging and Plug & Charge myPorsche Services 4

Porsche Taycan 19.2kW charger fix for EA charging and Plug & Charge myPorsche Services 5

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
I was going to post about my experience today but Blulite pretty much covered the critical points. His experience matched my own. Looking forward to trying out Plug and Charge after waiting one or two weeks.

A few other minor bullet points for those going through the same process:

• Very few people relatively speaking have the 19.2kW onboard charger so don't be surprised if your repair team initially tells you that your car is already up to date. When they do, point them to the following. It doesn't mean anything to us, but it means something to them:
    • Porsche Bulletin: 2120
    • prms-2639739
    • on board charger firmware: 1256 or higher
  • Porsche won't install the necessary patch unless they can reproduce the problem. You should report one of the following problems:
    • Plug and Charge option fails to appear on Battery screen: This is the quickest and easiest for them to confirm.
    • Unable to Plug and Charge at EA: If you use this as your problem, they'll drive your car to an EA charger to confirm. They'll drive it to EA again after the update and attempt to charge using P&C. It'll fail, of course, because it takes a week or two for your data to be reflected in the system. These trips they make to EA will add a day to the process so if you go this route, make sure you have a loaner.
  • Make sure your service advisor has your username and password, as well as the four digit security code you chose at signup. Having this information makes their work easier.
  • I always drive with Privacy Mode turned on (I don't use the Connect app). During your one to two week post-install waiting period, make sure it's turned off. Having it turned on may prevent the car from chatting with Porsche's servers. Once P&C is working for you, you can turn it back on.
Excited to get this working. Good luck to you all!
has anyone had any luck getting this update done? I have a 2021 4s with no plug and charge (disappeared from PCM about a month or so ago). I have the 19.2kw charger. I have called 3 dealers and none are willing address this -- all claim there is no such update.

ron.lovetri

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
You need to log an offical compliant with service at your delaership. The provide the following information to your dealer.
19.2 kW update
Look at bulletin #2120. The new 19.2kW charger software build # is 1256.

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You need to log an offical compliant with service at your delaership. The provide the following information to your dealer.
19.2 kW update
Look at bulletin #2120. The new 19.2kW charger software build # is 1256.
I just spoke at length to the service foreman at my dealership, and I am booked in for them to take a look at it (not necessarily do anything) as they did not know about this bulletin. Won't be in until November 8, but hopefully that gives them a chance to research the bulletin as well.

ron.lovetri

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
The dealership can't do anything unless you have the specific complaint that plug and charge doesn't work. This is the secret handshake that allows them to get the software update from Germany. No complaint, no software. It is crazy but that is how is works today.

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just spoke at length to the service foreman at my dealership, and I am booked in for them to take a look at it (not necessarily do anything) as they did not know about this bulletin. Won't be in until November 8, but hopefully that gives them a chance to research the bulletin as well.
For what it's worth, my service advisor went out of his way to emphasize how important the documentation (a spreadsheet detailing all of my Electrify America charging failures for the prior 2 months, similar to OP's) I brought to my bulletin 2120 appointment was in getting the update approved for installation on my car.

has anyone had any luck getting this update done? I have a 2021 4s with no plug and charge (disappeared from PCM about a month or so ago). I have the 19.2kw charger. I have called 3 dealers and none are willing address this -- all claim there is no such update.
Hmm, interesting. I didn't think *any* 2021s with the 19.2kW charger equipped had Plug and Charge enabled prior to the bulletin 2120 update being released.

My understanding is that the update is intended to address charging failures under specific conditions at EA stations. Enabling Plug and Charge for 19.2kW optioned Taycans was a "bonus" fix.

OP
OP
gonzo

gonzo

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Lucid Air DE, Tesla 3
Country flag
I believe the official workshop campaign is now released -- reference WML2 with your dealer. I have no idea whether there are any prerequisites other than owning the 19.2kW onboard charger.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I believe the official workshop campaign is now released -- reference WML2 with your dealer. I have no idea whether there are any prerequisites other than owning the 19.2kW onboard charger.
I had made myself an obnoxious squeaky wheel over the charging issues and as soon as the secret fix was available I was one of the first to be contacted for installation.
I just finished a weeklong road trip and despite the wonkiness of the EA chargers I did not have any fail to charge incidents.
FWIW: not all EA units are capable of plug and charge so you will need to use the app to get the charge going at about 1/3 of the chargers.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
My understanding is that the update is intended to address charging failures under specific conditions at EA stations. Enabling Plug and Charge for 19.2kW optioned Taycans was a "bonus" fix.
not quite right, all 2021 were supposed to have plug and charge enabled. the few of us who had the issues also lost plug and charge. the "fix" fixed the fail to charge issues AND the plug and charge issues.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
you might need to be a bit obnoxious with the dealership. insist that they report the problem to porsche and get you your needed software fix

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello-

Don't know if I should start a new thread so please let me know. Based on the information in this thread we had the Plug and Charge update done. The good news, it works and the dealer did a wonderful job! It was the first update 19.2 update that was done at the dealership. The bad news is that features on the Porsche Connect App are not enabled after the PCM reset because it thinks remote access is not enabled. This is true for both the main user (Mel) and the secondary user (Ron).

General Information - Screenshots

I have spent hours on the phone with Customer support. One day I used over 20 miles of charge sitting in my garage on the phone with Customer Support. I have:
  • Had the main user (my wife Mel) delete me and re-add me to the account
  • Delete all my apps and reloaded
  • Delete and re-added my account from the PCM
These are the steps I tried:
  1. Deleted Ron account from the Taycan
  2. Deleted Ron secondary user account from Mel's (main user) Porsche desktop account. This was strange because I needed to delete myself twice. The first time I deleted the secondary user [email protected], it appeared again. This may have been the source of the entire issue
  3. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Porsche Connect App on my phone
  4. Added Ron as a secondary user (normal process)
  5. Added Ron as an account on the Taycan

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Ron
when they did my software update for the charging issues they also found faults in the PCM, which they replaced at the same time. I would bet that should have been done on your car as well, take it in and insist that they fix the PCM

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well thanks to all the information on this board, I was able to get the dealer to contact Porsche and get information on this update. It took several emails and phone calls and an in person visit. I had to confirm that I had charging failures at EA (I’ve had a few on the signet chargers 350kw). When I picked up the car in July the plug and charge option was available in PCM, but plug and charge never worked). At some point the plug and charge option disappeared from PCM (I assume via an over the air update?). In any event, I am scheduled for the software fix/update at the end of November. Will update the board after I get it. Hopefully it will be successful in addressing plug and charge and charger issues.

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well thanks to all the information on this board, I was able to get the dealer to contact Porsche and get information on this update. It took several emails and phone calls and an in person visit. I had to confirm that I had charging failures at EA (I’ve had a few on the signet chargers 350kw). When I picked up the car in July the plug and charge option was available in PCM, but plug and charge never worked). At some point the plug and charge option disappeared from PCM (I assume via an over the air update?). In any event, I am scheduled for the software fix/update at the end of November. Will update the board after I get it. Hopefully it will be successful in addressing plug and charge and charger issues.
Got the software update yesterday. Took about 5 hours. PCM completely reset and I had problems logging back into my account in the car. Spent 2 hours on the phone with Porsche connect to no avail. However after letting the car sit for about 8 hours the log in problems self corrected and all is normal now with the pcm.
Tried plug and charge about 24 hours after the update was installed. The handshake was successful but the charger did not recognize the car for free charging. Will try again in a few days as others have noted there is a time lag for the system to update

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
I have read this thread several times and am still confused as to "the fix". In the last two weeks I had WML2 performed. Stated on the invoice as:

"WML2 Re-Programming 22 kW High-Voltage Charger (OBC) (Workshop​
Campaign) Updated software is available for the 22 kW high-voltage​
charger (OBC). The software contains improvements, enhanced functions​
and troubleshooting for the following topics: Improved and enhanced "Plug-and-Charge" (PnC) comfort function Enhanced "smart charging" comfort
function The high-voltage battery cannot be charged fully (100% state of​
charge (SoC) is not reached) at certain charging pedestals DC charging at​
certain charging pedestals with a duty cycle of between 6.1 and 7% is not​
possible (e.g. Signet charging stations) Action required: Re-program the 22​
kW high-voltage charger using the PIWIS Tester with software version​
40.550.050 (or higher) installed. TU 0.36​
WML2 Re-Programming 22 kW High-Voltage Charger (OBC) (Workshop​
Campaign)​
Re-programming 22 kW high-voltage charger (OBC) Includes: Connecting​
and disconnecting battery charger Connecting and disconnecting PIWIS​
Tester Reading out and erasing fault memories SCOPE 1 VOLTAGE..."​

I have one of the 19.2KW onboard chargers which when delivered I was told that PnC would not work due to a bad hardware certificate. I was assuming this "fix" fixed that issue. However, when I follow the Good-to-Know instructions on activating PnC by going to CHARGING >> OVERVIEW >> . . . , there is no option to activate Plug and Charge. What am I missing? Is there still another step that the dealer needs to take? I also confirmed that PnC did not work at an EA charging station.

I should add that I am on my second 19.2KW charger.
Sponsored