gonzo

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Lucid Air DE, Tesla 3
Country flag
The official bulletin just published this afternoon. Tell the dealer to look at bulletin #2120. It is still on a case-by-case basis and the dealer will have to create a support ticket to get the software.

The new 19.2kW charger software build # is 1256. Anything less will not have the fix. WMG4 went from 1242 to 1243. I got this off of my repair orders.
Sponsored

ron.lovetri

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
The official bulletin just published this afternoon. Tell the dealer to look at bulletin #2120. It is still on a case-by-case basis and the dealer will have to create a support ticket to get the software.

The new 19.2kW charger software build # is 1256. Anything less will not have the fix. WMG4 went from 1242 to 1243. I got this off of my repair orders.
Thank you for sharing specific information. Just sent a request to the service dept, waiting for reply.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
It is still on a case-by-case basis and the dealer will have to create a support ticket to get the software.
What does that mean? I have to have an issue to get the update?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Wise man. I tried briefly and they ignored me, more or less. If it doesn’t show up as a campaign when they run the VIN it doesn’t exist.
there is supposedly a new update, I am having it done today, that fixes all the issues, I'll update this evening.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Going in for mine on 30 Sep. Advisor at my servicing dealer has always been top-notch. He took the provided bulletin number and ran down all the particulars to insure they could do it before calling me back to schedule the appointment.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
there is supposedly a new update, I am having it done today, that fixes all the issues, I'll update this evening.
as per usual, the dealership cannot do a simple update quickly, they want the car to stay over the weekend. at least they gave me another 4s as a loaner.
so what did happen to the promised OTA updates?

blulite

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
as per usual, the dealership cannot do a simple update quickly, they want the car to stay over the weekend. at least they gave me another 4s as a loaner.
Gotta love Jax Porsche. I’ve got an appointment with Champion Oct 4.

Last edited:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After years of servicing Porsches, I have learnt that the dealer usually does not finish even the simplest tasks within the same day, so I never drop off my cars on Thursday or Friday so to make sure I can have my car over the weekend.
This was the case even for Macan's minor service (just oil change and visual inspection). It is worst with the Taycan software updates because there is a queue of waiting cars and fewer Taycan- trained technicians.

As for OTA, I guess we will not see anything other than Map and app updates.

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Ok, time to eat a bit of crow, they must have seen the post because the car is ready for pick up

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Please let us know when you hit the next EA site.

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My next planned road trip is about 5 weeks away. I sure hope that this is the final word on what was a debacle for me.
I know you and I have been in the same boat for a while now. Excited to hear how things go for you!

I'm going to see if I can get the update as well.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I've pinged my dealer again. Removing the charging challenges (or at least improving upon the experience) at EA would make me a happy camper.
Sponsored