carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
there is supposedly a new update, I am having it done today, that fixes all the issues, I'll update this evening.
Hi any update on plug and charge. I called my dealer about this update yesterday and they had no idea what i was talking about (other than to say i needed the wmg4 update).
Sponsored

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've pinged my dealer again. Removing the charging challenges (or at least improving upon the experience) at EA would make me a happy camper.
Me too, man. I've grown to truly despise EA and their unreliable charging experience.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
My dealer just emailed back to say the software is available but they need the car to open a case. It’s going Thursday.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer just emailed back to say the software is available but they need the car to open a case. It’s going Thursday.
it is good to hear that it is getting fixed for you, the shame is that YOU had to alert them to the fix and that they weren't proactive.

I do have to give the appropriate kudos to porsche jacksonville for being as proactive as they were. as soon as gonzo posted his experience they called me and said that the motheship alerted them to a fix for the issue.

the moral is that you as an owner need to be the squeaky wheel when issues like this pop up.
second moral, don't listen to so called forum greats who tell you that the problem was caused by user error.

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Since the fix, P&C and charging has worked perfectly the first time at 3 different EA stations. This has completely changed the Taycan ownership experience for me.
Excellent. I'm hopeful for my upcoming service appointment on the 29th.

Have you noticed any improvement in maximum charge speed? I've never gotten over 140 kW under any conditions.

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
what did porsche say that they are installing into the car?
I mentioned bulletin #2120. They said they will need to work with Porsche to get the software update and asked me to bring documentation of my charging issues (I have a spreadsheet similar to OP's). That's all I've got at the moment.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I mentioned bulletin #2120. They said they will need to work with Porsche to get the software update and asked me to bring documentation of my charging issues (I have a spreadsheet similar to OP's). That's all I've got at the moment.
isn't it a shame how they are making you prove that you are having issues?

OP
OP
gonzo

gonzo

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Lucid Air DE, Tesla 3
Country flag
Excellent. I'm hopeful for my upcoming service appointment on the 29th.

Have you noticed any improvement in maximum charge speed? I've never gotten over 140 kW under any conditions.
On the Porsche Taycan Facebook group it was mentioned that there is a known and completely separate issue right now with EA Signet chargers that limits their max rate (see attached). I experienced the same low rate (130kW max) with 350s in Walterboro and Charleston after the fix. I got 265kW at the same Walterboro charger earlier this year.

Porsche Taycan 19.2kW charger fix for EA charging and Plug & Charge EASignetLowRateIssue

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
On the Porsche Taycan Facebook group it was mentioned that there is a known and completely separate issue right now with EA Signet chargers that limits their max rate (see attached). I experienced the same low rate (130kW max) with 350s in Walterboro and Charleston after the fix. I got 265kW at the same Walterboro charger earlier this year.
as long as the car charges I am less concerned about the difference between a 120kw charge and a 240kw charge. yes I grasp that slower isn't better but up until now it was a crapshoot if I was going to get a charge at all. waltersboro was one of my worst charging experiences because of the lack of alternatives in that area.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
as long as the car charges I am less concerned about the difference between a 120kw charge and a 240kw charge. yes I grasp that slower isn't better but up until now it was a crapshoot if I was going to get a charge at all. waltersboro was one of my worst charging experiences because of the lack of alternatives in that area.
I agree with this 100%. 10-15 min is no big deal. Being stranded is the problem. Sustained 130kW is nothing to sneeze at.

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
isn't it a shame how they are making you prove that you are having issues?
To be fair to my dealer, I proactively offered to bring my documentation and they did ask me to do so. That said, I have many other valid criticisms related to dealer, PCNA, and EA communication, expectation setting, problem resolution, and finger-pointing on this and other issues.

On the Porsche Taycan Facebook group it was mentioned that there is a known and completely separate issue right now with EA Signet chargers that limits their max rate (see attached).
Thank you for this. However, it's a bit confusing to me as the EA chargers I've used claim they are supplying what the vehicle is requesting (at least I have not noticed a difference in values). Even the times I was only getting 30kW at ~60% SoC and 7kW (yes, seven) at ~20% SoC. All of the EA chargers I use regularly are Signet.

as long as the car charges I am less concerned about the difference between a 120kw charge and a 240kw charge. yes I grasp that slower isn't better but up until now it was a crapshoot if I was going to get a charge at all.
I agree with this 100%. 10-15 min is no big deal. Being stranded is the problem. Sustained 130kW is nothing to sneeze at.
Fair, and I agree, to a point. We simply aren't getting what has been advertised. Given VAG's relationship with EA and that our "free" charging is limited to 30 minute sessions, 200+ kW at <50% SoC does make a difference in both time spent and convenience (e.g. disconnecting and reconnecting at the 30 minute mark). But better than being stranded, true. Goes to show how low the bar is right now.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
To be fair to my dealer, I proactively offered to bring my documentation and they did ask me to do so. That said, I have many other valid criticisms related to dealer, PCNA, and EA communication, expectation setting, problem resolution, and finger-pointing on this and other issues.

Thank you for this. However, it's a bit confusing to me as the EA chargers I've used claim they are supplying what the vehicle is requesting (at least I have not noticed a difference in values). Even the times I was only getting 30kW at ~60% SoC and 7kW (yes, seven) at ~20% SoC. All of the EA chargers I use regularly are Signet.

Fair, and I agree, to a point. We simply aren't getting what has been advertised. Given VAG's relationship with EA and that our "free" charging is limited to 30 minute sessions, 200+ kW at <50% SoC does make a difference in both time spent and convenience (e.g. disconnecting and reconnecting at the 30 minute mark). But better than being stranded, true. Goes to show how low the bar is right now.
the issue was as reported by another owner was that a subset of the EA chargers were cycling at a rate that was not allowing the cars to sync for a charge. the "secret" update apparently addresses these issues.
you need to insist that your car has this update installed .

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
the issue was as reported by another owner was that a subset of the EA chargers were cycling at a rate that was not allowing the cars to sync for a charge. the "secret" update apparently addresses these issues.
you need to insist that your car has this update installed .
Are you referring to a “secret” update other than the one associated with bulletin #2120?
Sponsored