JonNic

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mini John Cooper Works
Country flag
Would be a cool trip in the Taycan though. I’ve got a trip to wick in the planning. I’ll need to have a look at ABRP to see how convenient the chargers are located.
Yeah it should be a cool trip!

is that Wick near Bristol?
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Yeah it should be a cool trip!

is that Wick near Bristol?
No Wick Scotland, In in Aberdeen, so up to Inverness, charge then he’d up I would think. Need to check what’s up in Wick.

OP
OP
JonNic

JonNic

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No Wick Scotland, In in Aberdeen, so up to Inverness, charge then he’d up I would think. Need to check what’s up in Wick.
Sounds good. I’ll be spending a night in Inverness so I’ll keep an eye out for charging points.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I’ve been checking it out. Seems plenty of 50Kw chargers.
50kw chargers are actually ok

the way I look at it at the car has an 80kw ish usable battery so once you get down to about 20% charge then an hour at 50kw gets You back to over 200 miles of range

anything much less than 50kw is a lot of waiting !!!

OP
OP
JonNic

JonNic

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

the way I look at it at the car has an 80kw ish usable battery so once you get down to about 20% charge then an hour at 50kw gets You back to over 200 miles of range

[/

Has anybody figured out how to use the Charging app yet?

I haven’t used it for journey planning at all, but expected it would have shown a list of available chargers, but it seems to expect you to know where the chargers are.

Am I missing something?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Hi all,

First post on the forum. I picked up my 4S on Friday and thought I’d say hi.

It’s a bit bloody good! It’s my first electric car, and I’m enjoying it a lot. I came from a Macan GTS which was awesome, and the Taycan is obviously a totally different proposition.

I’m sure I’ll post more with thoughts and experiences as I get to know, use and enjoy the car, but my initial thoughts are as follows;

The car is wider than I thought. I’d not seen one in the metal until I picked my car up, but the width surprised me - in a good way.

Love the power delivery. The acceleration is addictive, but it’s the 60mph + that to me seems most impressive.

The comfort is amazing. It’s certainly more refined than I expected. The standard seats are more than enough for me, and the few passengers I’ve taken out have commented on how smooth and comfy the car is, even when pressing on. I’m surrounded by bumpy b-roads and despite the weight the car handles amazingly.

My only complaint so far is regarding charging. I haven’t ‘needed’ to use public chargers yet, but have tried 4. None of them worked. Not even a bit.

At home, I haven’t yet had the thick 6mm cable installed so am using the 13amp plug. It’s woeful - 10 hours charging gets 25% battery. It’s ok for now, semi-lockdown means daily use isn’t required, but I couldn’t see it being sustainable in normal times if it was my only option.

I didn’t spec Bose in the Taycan. Reason being is I didn’t in the Macan either and the standard stereo was more than good enough for my ears. The Taycan however is not as good. I’m not a huge audiophile, but appreciate a decent sound. It’s not terrible, just a bit disappointing compared to the Macan. It’s the bass that’s lacking.

All in all, I’m very happy. The car is drawing so much attention it’s unreal. That may or may not be good in your opinion, but it is a measure of how it stands out. I’m looking forward to driving it more and getting to know the car better.

5C73A7AD-1C56-496D-AE22-40FD29CC2F1C.jpeg
Pop down the rear seats and see if the bass bias increases (I’ve Bose but it needs to be sweetened with treble and less bass when the rear 2+1 seats are folded ...
and YES it’s quite a buzz to be enjoying those first 500/1000 miles ... so much so that I’ve decided to order a Taycan Turbo within 2-3mths - enjoy!

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
I had a similar decision to make. Me, a mate and our Sons are doing the North Coast 500 road trip in a couple of weeks.

It’s a few thousand miles door to door for me, and essentially goes around the top of Scotland. Wild camping / fishing / mountain biking etc.

A big part of me wants to take the Taycan because it’s my new toy, but the reality is I just won’t be able to charge it enough in that part of the UK so I’m going in the Mini JCW. I’ve talked my mate into taking his Abarth 595 though so we’ll both be equally uncomfortable
Im thinking of doing the same, getting up to Scotland next year; but as always it’s the big question of where to charge. Ive seen some owners on here from Scotland so will wait to hear from them to see where to charge in future..

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
I’ve been checking it out. Seems plenty of 50Kw chargers.
Thanks for the info Gogs, just answered my question before I’d asked..

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I did the NC500 early in September in my 911. I struggled to find premium fuel let alone suitable charging points.

Good luck though & don’t forget the detailed trip report ;-)

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Please will someone hurry up and do the NC500 in an EV so we know what the charging situation is really like!
definitely on my to-do, but may need the diesel charging truck to follow me around like they did on Long Way Up..

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
Hi all,

First post on the forum. I picked up my 4S on Friday and thought I’d say hi.

It’s a bit bloody good! It’s my first electric car, and I’m enjoying it a lot. I came from a Macan GTS which was awesome, and the Taycan is obviously a totally different proposition.

I’m sure I’ll post more with thoughts and experiences as I get to know, use and enjoy the car, but my initial thoughts are as follows;

The car is wider than I thought. I’d not seen one in the metal until I picked my car up, but the width surprised me - in a good way.

Love the power delivery. The acceleration is addictive, but it’s the 60mph + that to me seems most impressive.

The comfort is amazing. It’s certainly more refined than I expected. The standard seats are more than enough for me, and the few passengers I’ve taken out have commented on how smooth and comfy the car is, even when pressing on. I’m surrounded by bumpy b-roads and despite the weight the car handles amazingly.

My only complaint so far is regarding charging. I haven’t ‘needed’ to use public chargers yet, but have tried 4. None of them worked. Not even a bit.

At home, I haven’t yet had the thick 6mm cable installed so am using the 13amp plug. It’s woeful - 10 hours charging gets 25% battery. It’s ok for now, semi-lockdown means daily use isn’t required, but I couldn’t see it being sustainable in normal times if it was my only option.

I didn’t spec Bose in the Taycan. Reason being is I didn’t in the Macan either and the standard stereo was more than good enough for my ears. The Taycan however is not as good. I’m not a huge audiophile, but appreciate a decent sound. It’s not terrible, just a bit disappointing compared to the Macan. It’s the bass that’s lacking.

All in all, I’m very happy. The car is drawing so much attention it’s unreal. That may or may not be good in your opinion, but it is a measure of how it stands out. I’m looking forward to driving it more and getting to know the car better.

5C73A7AD-1C56-496D-AE22-40FD29CC2F1C.jpeg
Really interesting post thx JonNic. I haven’t ordered Bose simply because the standard sound in the Macan is so good and the loan Taycan I had for a day had Bose fitted so no idea that the standard sound is below par.

The Tacan may be heavy, but be warned, it goes light at the front, almost like a 911, when you’re driving a fast road with crests and bends...

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
To be honest, we’ll be lucky to have electricity let alone car chargers!
I’m with Gogs. Surely got to be a way to take the Taycan!?

Interesting first thoughts also so thanks for posting. Hoping to have mine in December but build been put back 2 weeks ...grrrr.
Sponsored