2016 Tesla models
Country flag
Can this be done at home OTA?
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Can this be done at home OTA?
The short answer is no it can't be done at home OTA. If it is for the software campaign despite what the letter says it will take much longer than 2 hours. The time depends on large part on the network speed at the dealership. For some it was overnight. Mine took about 6 hours (yes the original estimate was also 2 hours). Depending on the VIN, there may also be some hardware changes that must be done at the dealership.

OP
OP

Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
The short answer is no it can't be done at home OTA. If it is for the software campaign despite what the letter says it will take much longer than 2 hours. The time depends on large part on the network speed at the dealership. For some it was overnight. Mine took about 6 hours (yes the original estimate was also 2 hours). Depending on the VIN, there may also be some hardware changes that must be done at the dealership.
Thank you Wemct.Can you tell us what areas the update hopefully improved things? JackP

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
I got the same letter and so made an appointment (in person) for 10/5. While I was there I asked what it included and was told there were some hardware changes; a cable, a bracket and includreplacing the 12V battery along with the software update. I was told to expect a 2 day service.
I’ve never had a 12 V battery issue. My car is a very early run Turbo S with next to no issues.
Speak of the devil...
New issue today: No volume control for music! The level reads -1 and won’t change at all. It just happened so no chance to talk to them.
Ideas?

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
New issue today: No volume control for music! The level reads -1 and won’t change at all. It just happened so no chance to talk to them.
Ideas?
Can you change volume if you do 2 finger swipes up and down on the bottom screen?

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I got the same letter and so made an appointment (in person) for 10/5. While I was there I asked what it included and was told there were some hardware changes; a cable, a bracket and includreplacing the 12V battery along with the software update. I was told to expect a 2 day service.
I’ve never had a 12 V battery issue. My car is a very early run Turbo S with next to no issues.
Speak of the devil...
Ideas?
Very early cars had a 12v battery with bad firmware. You want the updated battery.

I seem to recall seeing a -1 volume. Is it possible that a music source that you last used is no longer there? (Like removing a USB stick).

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
Very early cars had a 12v battery with bad firmware. You want the updated battery.

I seem to recall seeing a -1 volume. Is it possible that a music source that you last used is no longer there? (Like removing a USB stick).
Nothing like a good night's rest to get back on track.
After spending a solid hour yesterday trying everything I could think of, today I woke it up and no problem at all! Volume working on all controls.
And I will likely never know what that was all about. Nothing like being an early adopter!

Still the best car I've ever owned!!

Cheers

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
Had the "-1" thing on my August delivery 4S+ just yesterday. Switching audio sources and unplugging/replugging iPhone USB-C CarPlay and everything fine again. It helps being an IT guy and being used to software bugs :)

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Had the "-1" thing on my August delivery 4S+ just yesterday. Switching audio sources and unplugging/replugging iPhone USB-C CarPlay and everything fine again. It helps being an IT guy and being used to software bugs :)
It is a good job you said IT guy as opposed to software developer!! Otherwise I would hate having to use your software LOL :)
Sponsored