2 range updates in 8 months for CT !

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Hi guys,

I don't know what you think since the latest annoucement regarding the GTS. But I'm a bit puzzled between wonder and annoyance.
Indeed, it's the second range optimization in only 8 months after the introduction of the model (4/3 : initial presentation of CT, 25/8 : MY 2022, 17/11 : GTS presentation) and we even don't know if it will be retrofitted !

For those (including me) who bought the first release of the Cross Turismo (MY2021) it's a bit rough to hear.

What is your feeling ?
Sponsored

lamby2244

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e-hybrid. Taycan cross turismo turbo s
Country flag
Hi guys,

I don't know what you think since the latest annoucement regarding the GTS. But I'm a bit puzzled between wonder and annoyance.
Indeed, it's the second range optimization in only 8 months after the introduction of the model (4/3 : initial presentation of CT, 25/8 : MY 2022, 17/11 : GTS presentation) and we even don't know if it will be retrofitted !

For those (including me) who bought the first release of the Cross Turismo (MY2021) it's a bit rough to hear.

What is your feeling ?
Hi thanks for your post - could you explain what this means? I am having all sorts of range issues with my Turbo S having owned a 4s before. I lose 20 miles range in mild weather over 100 miles. Am trying to engage the dealer….

cheers

simon

OP
OP

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Hi thanks for your post - could you explain what this means? I am having all sorts of range issues with my Turbo S having owned a 4s before. I lose 20 miles range in mild weather over 100 miles. Am trying to engage the dealer….

cheers

simon
I speak about the Porsche official announcements about the several Taycan updates.

Last edited:

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Specifically hidden in the details is that the GTS is more efficient than a 4S for example. Same for a Sport vs Cross turismo. The larger numbers are I assume with the 21"s. Presumably aero but on the 4S with 21"s thats quite a big difference.

4S : 26.0 -> 21.0 kWh/100kms
GTS : 23.3 -> 20.3 kWh/100kms

4s Cross Turismo : 26.4 -> 22.6
GTS Sport Turismo : 24.0 -> 21.0

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I wonder if what were are seeing with the GTS is a foretaste of an MY23 upgrade for the range? Perhaps as a mid-life refresh?

different wheels - new sunroof - better range etc?

just wondering.....

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Is it possible that all '22 Taycans have better range due to software? Maybe the web details have not been updated throughout.

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
There were efficiency updates for MY22 but they didn't update the numbers as far as I can remember, maybe its that?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
We know the range is higher than stated. Maybe they just change the numbers to match reality?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
There were efficiency updates for MY22 but they didn't update the numbers as far as I can remember, maybe its that?
This is how I understood it. They have changed the software to make it more efficient but as they didn't do a new wltp testing they can't publish the data. I think the numbers they are showing for the ST GTS would also apply for the CT with a minor difference because it is higher. The high way range doesn't seem to be that much different (370 vs 360 km)

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
As a representative of the latest Taycan generation, the GTS has a particularly efficient drive strategy. The other Taycan derivatives also received this update in the new model year. In practical terms, this extends the operating range. With a range of up to 504 km, based on WLTP figures, the new sports model is the first Taycan to break the 500-km mark.
The range update is for all MY22 models as they say in the press release.

Those changes are explained by the following changes in MY22:

In Normal and Range modes, the front electric motor is almost completely decoupled and de-energised in the partial load range in the all-wheel drive models. Furthermore, no drive is transmitted to either axle when the car is coasting or at a standstill. This electric freewheel function reduces drag losses. The motors are switched on again within milliseconds only when the driver requests more power or changes the driving mode.
There are also charging improvements.

The thermal management and charging functions have also been further improved. With the Turbo Charging Planner, the high-voltage battery can now be heated to a slightly higher temperature than before. This means that fast charging is possible earlier and at a higher charge level. In addition, the waste heat from the electrical components is used to an even greater extent for battery temperature regulation.
I've been bugging Porsche on knowing if these changes are software only or rely on new hardware. Haven't been able to get a definite answer on that. If those are software changes, I strongly hope they will get those on MY21, especially for cars like mine that still haven't left the Zuffenhausen factory.

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
I hope they will do like that but maybe there are limitations we’re not aware of?
Sponsored