mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hey all. I have a set of 20” wheels and looking for recommendations on winter tires. I am in MO and we don’t get much snow or ice. Temps just stay cold for several months. My Michelin summer tires probably won’t handle the temps. I looked at Tire Rack but the two Pirelli options looked more like snow ice tires. Anyone have any suggestions of tires for colder weather.
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I got the PZero from tirerack - these should be fairly good on highways and some snow (which is what I need them for). You can also get the Nokkian Happakeliita R3 from discounttire - just be aware that the fronts are "SUV" R3 and the backs are for regular cars - the only difference is the speed rating, which is far more than what you will ever use in US. Price between the Nokkian and PZeros were also very similar, I went with the PZero just based on the Consumer Report that the R3 was fairly noisy on highway..

What 20" wheels did you get? Looking for a set myself

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I got the PZero from tirerack - these should be fairly good on highways and some snow (which is what I need them for). You can also get the Nokkian Happakeliita R3 from discounttire - just be aware that the fronts are "SUV" R3 and the backs are for regular cars - the only difference is the speed rating, which is far more than what you will ever use in US. Price between the Nokkian and PZeros were also very similar, I went with the PZero just based on the Consumer Report that the R3 was fairly noisy on highway..

What 20" wheels did you get? Looking for a set myself

Anyone have any thoughts about the PZero Winter versus the Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow? Looks like both fit the 20 inch wheels.

OP
OP

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have the same questions on tires.

I got the Porsche 20” Turbo Aero wheels. I am boring because my summers are the same wheel :)

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I have the same questions on tires.

I got the Porsche 20” Turbo Aero wheels. I am boring because my summers are the same wheel :)
After much searching, I ordered the AEZ wheels . They make them in the 20" staggered configuration. You can actually order the entire winter / wheel package from Germany in the silver configuration, comes with P Zero, total is 3660 + 800 shipping= $4400.

I ordered them from PerformanceAlloys (thank you, Jason!), I had the tires from Tirerack. THe entire package will come to ~$3500

Porsche Taycan 20” tires for the winter suggestions 1601610508424

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
My 20” winters from Porsche included Pirelli Scorpion Winter tires. They were great in the snow, and driving across Canada in February. Saw temps as low as -10°F.

And, surprisingly, they fared quite well coming back across southern USA in temps up to 80°F. At 12,000+ miles they still have plenty of life in them for this coming winter.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
I have the same question. Anyone?
I shopped and got a number of opins......decided that it sounded like Scorpions might be a better choice for true 'Snow'.....and not just winter driving. We'll see.
I traditionally run Soto's on the other Pcas in the winter.

OP
OP

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I went with P Zero Winters. It doesn't ice or snow here much but will be below 45F for the next few months.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Pirelli Scorpions have been fine for me so far. They're not ultra high performance but they have excellent cold rain/snow performance and pretty good comfort/noise.

I was hesitant to get the P Zero winters without more testing out there, especially at a premium price, and the Scorpions are tried & true.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
The Pirelli Scorpions have been fine for me so far. They're not ultra high performance but they have excellent cold rain/snow performance and pretty good comfort/noise.

I was hesitant to get the P Zero winters without more testing out there, especially at a premium price, and the Scorpions are tried & true.
If the PZeros can make it through 8" of unplowed snow (as they have with me), they should be able to handle pretty much any winter situation.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
If the PZeros can make it through 8" of unplowed snow (as they have with me), they should be able to handle pretty much any winter situation.
I enjoy the PZero winter tyres and the fact that they have some kind of sound deadening material in them plus are designed for EV’s feels good.

OP
OP

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Love the pzero winter tires. Super smooth, quiet and good performance. Highly recommended.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Love the pzero winter tires. Super smooth, quiet and good performance. Highly recommended.
After a while on the Scorpions, I'd probably consider going with the pzeros over the Scorpions. The Scorpions are fine but feel more utilitarian & less performance oriented. The PZeros are a chunk more expensive, though, and the snow performance of the Scorpions has been exceptional.
Sponsored