20-inch Michelin Pilot Sport Summer Tires--what pressure do you opt for?

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
My 4s was delivered with 42psi front and rear. I'm finding mixed information on pressure--any recommendations?
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Front Axle: 2.5 bar
Rear Axle: 2.2 bar

Full load not set in PCM.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 4s was delivered with 42psi front and rear. I'm finding mixed information on pressure--any recommendations?
Check the door sticker.
I run 39psi cold in all tires. Some people will say that this is for full load but the same sticker also has the max allowed weight which is enough for only 3 adults, so the full load for this car is what would be partial load in other cars.

Porsche Taycan 20-inch Michelin Pilot Sport Summer Tires--what pressure do you opt for? 20201129_170059

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe I'm running 36/33 but I'll have to check. 42 will lead to some instability at higher speeds and I wouldn't recommend it.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Check the door sticker.
I run 39psi cold in all tires. Some people will say that this is for full load but the same sticker also has the max allowed weight which is enough for only 3 adults, so the full load for this car is what would be partial load in other cars.
This was covered in another thread, that door sticker mixed up kg with lbs. It was fixed on ‘21s.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
36 front
33 rear
Confirmed by my door sticker.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This was covered in another thread, that door sticker mixed up kg with lbs. It was fixed on ‘21s.
Yes I started that thread and I also contacted Porsche customers sercice. There is no confirmation by Porsche NA that it is a mix up, that is just your speculation.
Anyway I would still run the full load 39psi in all tires. It improves range, it will probably increase the tire life a bit and there is no noticeable comfort or stability compromise.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Yes I started that thread and I also contacted Porsche customers sercice. There is no confirmation by Porsche NA that it is a mix up, that is just your speculation.
Anyway I would still run the full load 39psi in all tires. It improves range, it will probably increase the tire life a bit and there is no noticeable comfort or stability compromise.
It's not speculation. I have a '21 and it's fixed. Unless you think it just happens that the '21 has a greater load capacity than '20 by the difference between kg and lbs.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's not speculation. I have a '21 and it's fixed. Unless you think it just happens that the '21 has a greater load capacity than '20 by the difference between kg and lbs.
I haven't seen the 2021 but I believe you. I wish Porsche NA would confirm instead of asking me to pay to get a copy of my car's spec sheet..
Can you post a photo of your sticker in the other thread?
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-4s-maximum-load-only-662-lbs-300kg.3146/
Sponsored