20 inch wheels on a Turbo S? (Winter Wheels)

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Anyone know if you can put 20" wheels on a Turbo S? What is the min bore size to clear the CCB's?

(I posted this in another "winter wheel" thread but have not gotten a reply...)

II can find 21" winter wheels and tires but the choices are pretty limited. If we can put 20's on the car it would open up a lot more tire options... With the CCB's, I think the bore clearance is going to be the defining parameter.

One of the 3rd party wheel configurators shows that 20" inch wheels are available for the Turbo S as an "OEM option" but the Porsche configurator does not seem to show this as an option...

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) TurboS wheel geometry
Sponsored

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just contacted TireRack about a pre-mounted winter wheel/tire set. They have been very slow this year in actually getting a kit prepared for the Taycan (covid?). They currently don't list any winter tire/wheel packages for the Turbo S on the web site.

Anyway, I started up an online chat session with a rep and he sent me the quote below. He says the 20" package specifically will work for the TurboS inc CCB clearance. He also says its a tough fitment...

The "graphite" colored wheels look fine I think. They are "winter wheels" in any case so I'm not inclined to spend a bunch of money on them just so they can get beat up by snow, ice, salt over the winter. However, it looks like the wheels (from Italy) are back ordered until mid-December.

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) wheel

Anyway, the $4600 price includes TPMS Sensors, mounting, balancing, and delivery. All you have to do is jack up the car in the driveway (or on a lift ;)) to swap the wheels...

He also tells me they should have the web site updated "soon"...

The customer rep's contact info is included in the quote below if anyone else is interested...

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) Sanitized Tire Rack Quote

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Anyone know if you can put 20" wheels on a Turbo S? What is the min bore size to clear the CCB's?

II can find 21" winter wheels and tires but the choices are pretty limited. If we can put 20's on the car it would open up a lot more tire options... With the CCB's, I think the bore clearance is going to be the defining parameter.

One of the 3rd party wheel configurators shows that 20" inch wheels are available for the Turbo S as an "OEM option" but the Porsche configurator does not seem to show this as an option...

TurboS wheel geometry.jpg
Yes of course you can put 20 inch wheel on the Turbo S! But no smaller than 20s.
https://content3.eu.porsche.com/pro...c=product&pr=9E3DCC4D41496BC3C1258454003FEC78

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice, Thanks!

However not every 20 inch wheel will fit (despite the bolt pattern, width and offset).. The inside barrel of the wheel will have to be large enough to clear the CCB rotor/calipers. (I went through this with 19 inch wheels and the CCB's on my M4...)

Last edited:

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Las Vegas Taycan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I went to my dealer with the Suncoast Quote and the bet their price and no Freight Cost. Just ordered the Porsche Winter wheels for $5397 including Tax... I have your twin Car...in the hot RED color..

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went to my dealer with the Suncoast Quote and the bet their price and no Freight Cost. Just ordered the Porsche Winter wheels for $5397 including Tax... I have your twin Car...in the hot RED color..
Thanks but I already ordered the package from TireRack.

Its significantly cheaper and I actually like the wheels better! Since they are pre-mounted, ready to go, and shipped to my house - I also don't have to figure out how to get my Summer Wheels/Tires home from my dealer. One downside, however, is that the wheels are back ordered for about a month (mid-Dec)... :(

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello,

as a datapoint, I just bought these 21" wheel rims (Schmidt Revolution Drago "Hellcat") with Michelin Pilot Alpine XL 5 winter tires. The manufacturer was quite interested in getting them onto a Taycan and is sponsoring an extra expertise for the car/rim combination (this is mandatory in Germany). Maybe in about 3 weeks we'll see the result. Price: About 4,800 Euros excluding tax, but including the small stuff such as mounting, tire pressure sensors and so on.

Cheers,
Henrik

PS: The picture is of the demo wheel without bolt holes.

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) 20201114_155240

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) 20201114_155307

Jvierra

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello,

as a datapoint, I just bought these 21" wheel rims (Schmidt Revolution Drago "Hellcat") with Michelin Pilot Alpine XL 5 winter tires. The manufacturer was quite interested in getting them onto a Taycan and is sponsoring an extra expertise for the car/rim combination (this is mandatory in Germany). Maybe in about 3 weeks we'll see the result. Price: About 4,800 Euros excluding tax, but including the small stuff such as mounting, tire pressure sensors and so on.

Cheers,
Henrik

PS: The picture is of the demo wheel without bolt holes.

20201114_155240.jpg

20201114_155307.jpg
Hello. did you get your wheels yet. Is the manufacturer taking orders? thanks

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Tried to order the 20“ version yesterday. In Germany, you need an official technical test report to put 3rd party wheels onto your car. This wheel does have it, but when trying to order, only the front size was available. Rear rims were either not yet manufactured or already sold out.
I had to go for another brand then..

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Tried to order the 20“ version yesterday. In Germany, you need an official technical test report to put 3rd party wheels onto your car. This wheel does have it, but when trying to order, only the front size was available. Rear rims were either not yet manufactured or already sold out.
I had to go for another brand then..

The 20" AEZs I have seem to work well for Turbo S / Turbo.

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) 1606575793759

Willy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycanturbos, gt3rs
Country flag

TurboS wheel geometry.jpg
BBS FIR 20” will work, barely....
Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) 59BA73E4-7185-415C-8A99-5CD078FF754C

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, I didn't get them yet. They quoted a lead time of 3 weeks when I ordered them 2 weeks ago. As we'll get snow next week, I hope they'll make it soon.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here they are: 21" Schmidt Revolution Drago "Hellcat" with Michelin Pilot Alpine XL 5 winter tires.

Cheers,
Henrik

PS: Source: Reifen Widholzer, Riemerling, near Munich.

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) T4S_Winterwheels-2

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) T4S_Winterwheels-3

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) T4S_Winterwheels-5

Porsche Taycan 20 inch wheels on a Turbo S?  (Winter Wheels) T4S_Winterwheels_1