-20% loss in battery capacity due to outside temperature drop.

arahman

First Name
alti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
From my experience, 20% is normal. I have found big drop-off between 20C and 10C, but then a slower drop-off as you go below 10C. It is a shame there is no real way to heat the battery unless it is actually charging (so if you are already at 100%, or 85% if you are limiting charge, you can't pre-heat the battery).
agreed, i have seen a similar drop of about 15%-18% in colder temperatures. 285 miles down to about 240 miles
Sponsored

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
Only 225 miles on a full charge today, which is a record low - 20% less than my top figure of 281 miles back in Summer.

Had some big problems last week in Scotland. Firstly, ZapMap indicated there was a charging point in West Linton - there wasn’t and secondly, the Porsche SatNav indicated there were several points in the City centre - they didn’t exist !

So a bit shout to Peter Vardy Mini, Edinburgh, where I arrived with TWO miles range. They allowed me to charge up for half an hour free of charge, so I could limp to Porsche Edinburgh. They even brought me out a cup of coffee whilst I was waiting….

The new rapid charger at the Porsche Centre was fantastically quick, but I had to cancel an appointment due to the duff information received.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Why I preach the larger battery to potential buyers.
Sponsored