20" Sport Aero Wheels, what do you think?

OP
OP

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
I was going to talk to my sales rep and see if I can get these as winter wheels instead of the 19" base wheel.
Please let me know if it can be done.
I already asked but they said no.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Please let me know if it can be done.
I already asked but they said no.
Well, it might be different here since all cars have to have two sets of wheels. I won't talk to him until the middle of August or so, so don't keep your hopes up for an answer soon.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Yes, these:

Screenshot 2020-07-30 at 19.57.36.png
Hi there...
I ordered my 4S with the Turbo Aero wheels. I am now looking with a delivery in October in Germany already at winter wheels.
At first I was focused on the Sport Aero until I noticed the Tequipment Design wheels shown above, preferably in black.
In the tequipment brochure it is mentioned they are also aerodynamically optimized. But they look much less conspicuous in that respect compared to the Sport Aero.
So does anybody happen to know more how big the difference is regarding aerodynamics and range?
I also sent an inquiry to Porsche Germany to that effect but have not received any feedback after more than a week.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@cd77 I would think the efficiency difference would be quite negligible. Going from 20s to 19s you might gain up to 5-10% range but if the difference between those two wheels is even 1% I'd be surprised. They're both specially designed to be aerodynamic EV wheels.

Last edited:

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Porsche range calculator on website shows the 20" Turbo Aero wheels as having slightly better range than the 19" wheels. Probably due to the 20" having better tyres.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yes, these:

Screenshot 2020-07-30 at 19.57.36.png
I think these are very sharp. Those are my winter wheels with whatever Porsche supplies for their winter tires. All ceramic coated and ready to go. Hopefully I'll get a few months (Sept 4 delivery...) to drive on the summer tires with 21" mission E wheels in Carrera White.:fingerscrossed:

Drew Webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 GT2, Tesla Model X, Maserati Quattroporte
Country flag
Prefer the 20’’ Aero’s for range and comfort especially on UK roads .
Prefer 21’’ for great looks .
Your thoughts on 20’’ Aero Sport in Black .

19A9370C-53D6-4EAF-91A3-07FBA11A5158.jpeg
Of
Prefer the 20’’ Aero’s for range and comfort especially on UK roads .
Prefer 21’’ for great looks .
Your thoughts on 20’’ Aero Sport in Black .

19A9370C-53D6-4EAF-91A3-07FBA11A5158.jpeg
where did you get these full black 20” aero sports? I really like the dark spoke look.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
@cd77 I would think the efficiency difference would be quite negligible. Going from 20s to 19s you might gain up to 5-10% range but if the difference between those two wheels is even 1% I'd be surprised. They're both specially designed to be aerodynamic EV wheels.
I got feedback from Porsche Germany that indeed the difference between the Sport Aero and Tequipment Design rims is just a few km regarding range and insignificant compared to other factors.
So on Monday I will order the Tequipment Design winter wheels in black. That will make a nice contrast to my dolomite silver exterior.