RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
So I have had my CT 4S for a little over a month now and figured I would do a review of this model and a few of the features I find notable for one reason or another. Taycan is my 3rd Porsche but my first EV. This is my daily driver and it’s primarily used for commuting (kid commuting being the #1 task). My goal with the build was to have as wide a range as possible from luxury commuter to a focused drivers car (albeit not very often). I deal with the full range of weather and we have the roads in the Northeast of the US (potholes, ruts, etc) to show for it.

I find the CT 4S to be comfortable for daily use. The highlights are the ride quality, handling and power. I find it incredibly quick, precise, and confidence inspiring on public roads. (It is possible that a CT4 would have been sufficient to cover my needs.) I also find the trunk size and opening good for carrying bags, equipment, instruments, etc. The major areas for improvement for me are the interior space (front/rear legroom) and the PCM….primarily because I find myself having to interact with it too much for simple tasks (especially listening to music). Hopefully Porsche will find ways to simplify this in future.

As for notable options, I would highlight the following:
Sport sound - surprised that I never use it. Thought I would.
PDCC - really enjoy how it aids in ride quality. Probably helps at the limit but I haven’t gone 10 out of 10 yet in the bends to confirm that end. It seems to add a level of sophistication to the way the suspension is working.
PTV+ - If it’s doing something, I cant tell. Perhaps more noticeable at the limit of grip…
RAS - helpful but still getting used to it. Possibly adding to the sense of precision at higher speeds but hard to pinpoint to just RAS.
Insulated glass - I do suspect that it does hurt reception a bit but I like having the extra thick glass on a frameless door.
Red interior - love it.
Ambient lighting - I like the dynamic lighting much more than I thought I would.
Sport Chrono - Did not have it on previous cars so I decided to try it. I forget to use it because the car is so good in normal mode. I like the compass a lot though.
Bose - Minimum quality sound that Taycan should come with standard IMHO. Volume and quality is ok. Sound stage is poor.
GT Steering Wheel - the smaller size was instantly noticeable. I thought I didnt like it at first but it’s good now…..perhaps better than good.
Illuminated door sills - Pretty much as expected but may not have been worth the coin.
Massage seats - better than I expected. Got them because I thought my wife would appreciate them. I use them almost as much as she does.

I get 200-215 miles of range @ 85% in about 32F average temps. I charge with an 11Kw charger in the garage 2-3 times per week. I have had zero charging issues.

The car is fully wrapped with PPF and coated and has been easy to maintain. I am also pleased that brake dust associated with the standard brakes is minimal. During weekly maintenance, I find that I cleaning up more road film than brake dust and the caliper/wheel combo provides sufficient clearance to keep the wheel barrels clean.

Issues:
Trunk rattle - I think I have this solved.
“Loading” message on PCM periodically - not sure if this is a real issue but it can be annoying when it goes on for 30 mins or more….although I can still use all of the functions.
Folding mirrors - once the mirrors wouldn’t unfold when I came back to the car and started it. Weird…only happened once.

Summary:
To an extent, I do feel like an early adopter in daily use of the Taycan. Whether real or perceived, the sense that I am participating in an experiment is always in the back of my mind. The “experiment” is actually going really well so I have to give Porsche kudos thus far. I am hopeful that this will feel less so in future. A car this good, with so much new tech, that happens to be an EV, is really impressive on Porsche’s first go of it.

Porsche Taycan 2000 Mile Taycan CT 4S model and options - my review 7D6170F8-6006-4C5C-B4DB-D899609BE6ED

Porsche Taycan 2000 Mile Taycan CT 4S model and options - my review DC4619E6-A84F-4EBC-8A8B-C3E6C5ED6056

Porsche Taycan 2000 Mile Taycan CT 4S model and options - my review E495C367-D3F0-4DA9-BAD4-47AAC0B7695D

Porsche Taycan 2000 Mile Taycan CT 4S model and options - my review 1640150F-360F-4AEB-8D12-97EF0391CB27

Porsche Taycan 2000 Mile Taycan CT 4S model and options - my review 3BF58F80-B189-491B-8301-6C4D9F794793

Porsche Taycan 2000 Mile Taycan CT 4S model and options - my review BFE53D17-7912-4257-98B4-86ABB67500AA

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Fellow 4S CT owner, cheers! Opposite of you though - my first Porsche but not my first EV. Porsche needs to buckle down and hire some amazing tech folks to complete in that space, but nothing can touch how well this thing drives around hill country roads. It’s almost not even fair….

I’m just personally ready for our kiddo to be forward facing. Then it becomes a lot more usable :)

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Thanks for the review. Funny how most of the performance features seems to go unnoticed for you, so either they work so well, or the Taycan handles so well already that those options are the cherry on top.

I left Sport Chrono and the sport sound out, so good to see I ain't missing out on those;

Sport sound - surprised that I never use it. Thought I would.
Sport Chrono - Did not have it on previous cars so I decided to try it. I forget to use it because the car is so good in normal mode. I like the compass a lot though.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the review. Funny how most of the performance features seems to go unnoticed for you, so either they work so well, or the Taycan handles so well already that those options are the cherry on top.

I left Sport Chrono and the sport sound out, so good to see I ain't missing out on those;
Glad to help. Hard to find candid owner reviews. As for the performance features, it is not easy to distinguish them individually. Together, they seem to do the performance/cruiser thing nicely. Hope you enjoy your new Taycan!

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Glad to help. Hard to find candid owner reviews. As for the performance features, it is not easy to distinguish them individually. Together, they seem to do the performance/cruiser thing nicely. Hope you enjoy your new Taycan!
As for the trunk rattle, I had this too, dealership fixed it.

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
How did you fix the trunk rattle? Is this the sound I hear when the car goes over bumps?

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How did you fix the trunk rattle? Is this the sound I hear when the car goes over bumps?
I just had to go back and re-secure the 4 clips that hold on the cargo tray in the back. I thought they were locked in but when I put a flashlight on them, only 2 of the 4 were secure. There is a thread on what to check for.…I think the key words are trunk rattle.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
To an extent, I do feel like an early adopter in daily use of the Taycan. Whether real or perceived, the sense that I am participating in an experiment is always in the back of my mind
I can relate to that feeling. For me it was "my first EV" concerns...will this car perform like my prior Porsches? Can I use it as normal, driving as fast as I want cross country?

I put it through many rigorous drives including several long-haul road trips (2000 miles each way) to convince myself that yes: it's a car, and will work just fine. :)

And then I traded on a newer better one.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Enjoyed the review and dig the ride!
Time to ask your Porsche rep to get you a cooler garage flag to match ;)

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I am about 5 weeks into ownership of my CT4S as well.
I have to agree with you on most things. My second Porsche but first EV.
Just to add to a few of your points;
Thought I'd like the Sport sound more, keep it off now.
The sport chrono was a no-brainer for me but now I wonder if it's necessary in this format. It was essential in my former Panamera Turbo but without a transmission and with the instant torque, it just doesn't seem to have a purpose.
I checked all of the performance boxes and I think the only way to tell the difference would be to directly compare the same car with none of the performance options. You would probably notice it more if it were gone... I have done a tight roundabout at 38mph and pulled out of it thinking I could have gone faster. 🫣
I would say that everything has worked very well with the car, no rattles, no charging issues... but I won't because I don't want to jinx it.
Because I checked all of the performance boxes, I went fairly basic on the interior and am quite pleased with the look and quality. Although, I did get the variable light glass and really enjoy it.
Thanks for the detailed review. Your car is beautiful (because it looks a lot like mine).
Porsche Taycan 2000 Mile Taycan CT 4S model and options - my review 20221211_111247
Sponsored