HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Ok, I admit I’ve overreacted and you’re all probably right about how much fun this car seems to be to drive.
I mean, you live in Boulder? You are lucky because you can drive to Pike's Peak in 2 hours or so (100 miles?). That means you will be the lucky man who can drive up *that* road to 4.000 meters and show us all a long nose :)!
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
If you are in Munich next time after 7th of February (= delivery date), drop me a line, and we can take the 4S for a spin around the Autobahn :D.
Wow, that's sweet. I am actually booked for Friday 14th February. Rented a car and will drive to Switzerland...

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Ok, I admit I’ve overreacted and you’re all probably right about how much fun this car seems to be to drive. Sincerely, I’m sorry for being so angry. Buying a car like this should be fun and I don’t want to sow doubt or stress for anyone. It’s reassuring to hear all of the spirited debate and defense for this unique car. In the end, I hope that everyone who is luck enough to get this car enjoys it and uses it with great zest! It isn’t perfect, as little in life ever is, but it looks awesome and I’m sure it will be a great experience so congratulations to everyone getting it. I’m done criticizing.
Thanks for this post.....constant repetition of dissatisfaction was bordering on trolling. I was about the send a message that if you already decided against a vehicle months ago, why do you come to this forum? Everyone buys a car for their own personal needs.....actually personal desires and wants. One car may be perfect for one person, is awful for the next....and most differences are personal and very VERY subjective. To each his own.

There are so many people so excited about their order and their new car, there is no point in trying to spoil their fun and pleasure. I have a very negative reaction to the Corvette, yet I would not dream of going to a Corvette forum and constantly making fun of the vehicle spoiling Corvette fans fun.

I put down a deposit in January 2019, but i NEVER had the intention of following through on my purchase until I actually drive the Taycan. From reviews, it exceeds my expectations, with the exception of the range.....but then again, I literally can count the number of times I have ever driven any of my Porsches over 150 miles in one day since the 1980s!!! (I have an SUV for long distance driving, soon to be a Tesla Y, hopefully with the million mile battery, and that type of driving is what Teslas are for).

Here is a great review of the Taycan by a big Tesla fan, tested with Teslarati. If you don't watch the whole thing, at least see his conclusion starting around 16:20.
https://teslanomics.co/uploader/teslanomics/
By the way, they tested the vehicle in Southern California for an entire day and rode it hard, including in the mountains, and got about 268 mile range.....so much for EPA. I trust the other three agencies and Porsche on the Taycan range, so far......but we will see in the spring.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Looks great! But I am biased :D!

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Thanks for this post.....constant repetition of dissatisfaction was bordering on trolling. I was about the send a message that if you already decided against a vehicle months ago, why do you come to this forum? Everyone buys a car for their own personal needs.....actually personal desires and wants. One car may be perfect for one person, is awful for the next....and most differences are personal and very VERY subjective. To each his own.

There are so many people so excited about their order and their new car, there is no point in trying to spoil their fun and pleasure. I have a very negative reaction to the Corvette, yet I would not dream of going to a Corvette forum and constantly making fun of the vehicle spoiling Corvette fans fun.

I put down a deposit in January 2019, but i NEVER had the intention of following through on my purchase until I actually drive the Taycan. From reviews, it exceeds my expectations, with the exception of the range.....but then again, I literally can count the number of times I have ever driven any of my Porsches over 150 miles in one day since the 1980s!!! (I have an SUV for long distance driving, soon to be a Tesla Y, hopefully with the million mile battery, and that type of driving is what Teslas are for).

Here is a great review of the Taycan by a big Tesla fan, tested with Teslarati. If you don't watch the whole thing, at least see his conclusion starting around 16:20.
https://teslanomics.co/uploader/teslanomics/
By the way, they tested the vehicle in Southern California for an entire day and rode it hard, including in the mountains, and got about 268 mile range.....so much for EPA. I trust the other three agencies and Porsche on the Taycan range, so far......but we will see in the spring.
Thanks for the reply, for what it’s worth, I placed my order the first day deposits were being accepted and currently have an allocation with a March build date for a turbo. Ironically in January 2014 I also ordered a C8 which will be delivered to me in the very first shipment delivered to the Denver area. They are very different cars but I thoroughly enjoy both for what they are. My Panamera turbo makes me feel like a serious grown up, my C7 ZO6 makes me feel like a 19 year old. I’m not embarrassed to look a little silly and enjoy an amusement park ride. I’ve loved cars all my life and the Taycan will be my first EV. I just want it to make me feel as good as my TR4 did in high school. (I’d gladly settle for close).

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Looks great! But I am biased :D!
So am I, but the bias is very much helped by the fact that this basically looks like a 4-door 911 - managing to look traditional (for a porsche) and revolutionary (for a sedan) - helps a bit that Porsches traditionally look sporty. Very unlike the Panamera, which looks like a fairly traditional sedan, but very large and doesn't look like the 911.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
A wonderful looking car by any means, but I think it looks better than any other Porsche from the rear

The rear decklid really does suit Porsches - works perfectly with the fastback roof. A tiny bootlid spoiler would work wonders with this car, I hope to one day see it as an option

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan: Official Specs, Info, Wallpapers, Videos 81174535_512706729600314_6043347334047653268_n

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
A bootlid spoiler would look silly on a car like the Taycan. But like you say, the rear looks very good. I really hope they won't go ahead and destroy it by introducing some "Sport Turismo" crap like they did to the Panamera.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
So am I, but the bias is very much helped by the fact that this basically looks like a 4-door 911 - managing to look traditional (for a porsche) and revolutionary (for a sedan) - helps a bit that Porsches traditionally look sporty. Very unlike the Panamera, which looks like a fairly traditional sedan, but very large and doesn't look like the 911.
I don't see a Panamera. All I see is the big brother of the 911. And luckily it is an EV.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
See what I mean? (very 911-esque side view here- one of the best I've seen)

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan: Official Specs, Info, Wallpapers, Videos Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 14.33.29
Sponsored