2020 Porsche Taycan: Official Specs, Info, Wallpapers, Videos

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7XPorsche’s, 3XGolf R/ GTI
Country flag
I don't think it is the right call to buy a sports car/sedan so you can drive it daily and on long distances. Usually if you are spending $150K on a car, it usually is, at least, your second or 3rd car. My 991 Turbo gets no more than 2,000 miles a year. Not because I don't want to drive it more but because I don't have time to drive it. Between commuting to work with a driver in another car and going out with the wife and kids in our SUV and traveling abroad for work and pleasure, I don't get a lot more than a dozen weekends with 991 Turbo, if I am lucky.
Disagree. The 911 series is marketed as a daily driver. Haven’t you heard salesman say it’s built to drive all day at 240 on the autobahn. They’re actually correct! My 2018 C4S is a daily driver. I’ve had several Porsche’s...911s, caymans, Panamera.....all daily drives. That’s what great engineering does. That’s what sets Porsche’s apart from pasta rocket Ferrari’s. This is prolly the dilemna here...is Porsche saying the taycan is a daily or a low usage, monster track car? 4 seats and air suspension screams,daily, to me. But....what do I know! To each their own.
Sponsored

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Disagree. The 911 series is marketed as a daily driver. Haven’t you heard salesman say it’s built to drive all day at 240 on the autobahn. They’re actually correct! My 2018 C4S is a daily driver. I’ve had several Porsche’s...911s, caymans, Panamera.....all daily drives. That’s what great engineering does. That’s what sets Porsche’s apart from pasta rocket Ferrari’s. This is prolly the dilemna here...is Porsche saying the taycan is a daily or a low usage, monster track car? 4 seats and air suspension screams,daily, to me. But....what do I know! To each their own.
The Macan, Cayenne and possibly the Panamera are marketed as daily drivers....but definitely NOT the 911

Enough of the anecdotes, some research is in order......I come from a family of scientists, including an uncle that was a statistics professor :giggle::

The average Porsche 911 owner drives 4360 miles per year...
https://www.autoblog.com/photos/cars-that-owners-drive-the-least/#slide-1280622

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
Has any heard or have glean any info as it pertains to Lidar, etc. I thought at some point there was discussions that the Taycan would be getting some Level 2 type features, etc. I mean I get that Porsche owners want to drive their cars and aren't necessarily looking for self driving aides but I would have thought a car like the Taycan would at least be able to park itself ala a Tesla or even other luxury type cars.

Thanks!

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Does anyone have/know of a high quality version of this picture? I've gotten it off instagram whilst looking for Taycan pictures

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan: Official Specs, Info, Wallpapers, Videos 69048313_360894738125756_3035051098337764829_n

TaycanNut

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California
Country flag
The Taycan looks hideous in Carmine Red. Looks great in Guards Red we saw at the Frankfurt Show, but you cannot buy it in Guards Red, only the hideous Carmine Red

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
The Taycan looks hideous in Carmine Red. Looks great in Guards Red we saw at the Frankfurt Show, but you cannot buy it in Guards Red, only the hideous Carmine Red
I disagree.....the Carmine Red is gorgeous...beautiful deep tone. The Guards Red is a hideous red, loud and obnoxious for any object, much less a car, like they couldn't decide between orange and red....LOL

Its just a matter of taste.......so one person will love the Carmine Red and another will love Guards Red. And the fear of what other people think is what makes 80% cars today black, grey, silver and white

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I disagree.....the Carmine Red is gorgeous...beautiful deep tone. The Guards Red is a hideous red, loud and obnoxious for any object, much less a car, like they couldn't decide between orange and red....LOL

Its just a matter of taste.......so one person will love the Carmine Red and another will love Guards Red. And the fear of what other people think is what makes 80% cars today black, grey, silver and white
I agree. Carmine red is one of my favorite Porsche colors. To each his own.