Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
At 7:36 he starts talking about the difference in HP between the base and S models. He says the Turbo has 616 and the S has 670 because of using different circuitry on the front motor. Anyone else heard this?

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At 7:36 he starts talking about the difference in HP between the base and S models. He says the Turbo has 616 and the S has 670 because of using different circuitry on the front motor. Anyone else heard this?
i hasn’t heard a difference in hp, but yes, the S uses a more powerful inverter on the front motor.

Snake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e, MB S 63 Coupe AMG, MB CLS 63 AMG, Audi R8, BMW 330i, Audi TTS, VW Golf
Country flag
5:25 Wireless device Charger? Never read about before. Is he right?

Some infos are wrong, esp. the 4+1 Seats, there is an Option for a 3rd seat at back.

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How can they call something a review when they don't talk about the driving performance? It's literally the most important aspect by a mile.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
How can they call something a review when they don't talk about the driving performance? It's literally the most important aspect by a mile.
They cant talk about it until the Porsche allow them i think 25 or 28 of september..

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Here we go folks! Review embargo has been lifted and first post is being updated with incoming reviews!

Last edited:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Lovely news! I guess we'll find out soon whether the gorgeous Taycan drives as well as it looks..I guess yes

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Loving the great reviews so far! Porsche hit this one out of the park.

I like Mr JWW's perspectives, and he's a long time Porsche owner. What he says right here (play the video below for exact mark) is exactly why I'm getting the Taycan over a Tesla.

"When you show this car a corner... you're well aware within 100 yards the legacy of a big boy manufacturer who has countless years of motorsport heritage and decades of sports car and super car development."

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Just wow.
Seeing all the vids I can only rest by the thought I bought the right car.
By saying "rest" I mean restless waiting to find out myself...
It's funny that the absence of engine noise isn't seen as a problem while I can remember seeing reviews of Teslas this was still an issue.
I'm glad things have changed and obviously journalists are more and more used to this.
Well, stating that being in a Porsche still defines something is a great achievement.
To compare it to a 911 and have all the benefits of the Panamera, you can say it's the best of both worlds.
Not a single negative remark so that's got to be the best car money can buy.
At least, for me that is.
Thanks for taking the effort to put all these reviews together, it really made my morning enjoying my coffee! :like::rock::clap:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Just wow.
Seeing all the vids I can only rest by the thought I bought the right car.
By saying "rest" I mean restless waiting to find out myself...
It's funny that the absence of engine noise isn't seen as a problem while I can remember seeing reviews of Teslas this was still an issue.
I'm glad things have changed and obviously journalists are more and more used to this.
Well, stating that being in a Porsche still defines something is a great achievement.
To compare it to a 911 and have all the benefits of the Panamera, you can say it's the best of both worlds.
Not a single negative remark so that's got to be the best car money can buy.
At least, for me that is.
Thanks for taking the effort to put all these reviews together, it really made my morning enjoying my coffee! :like::rock::clap:
Best looking car in the world as well. There's not a single other 4-door saloon in the world with those proportions - though I always regard the Taycan more as a 4-door supercar

Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Best looking car in the world as well. There's not a single other 4-door saloon in the world with those proportions - though I always regard the Taycan more as a 4-door supercar
Agree.
Although 15 years old, my suicide-doored (pun intended) RX8 still looks absolutely fantastic but that's very personal.
That's why I can't sell it.

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Reviews Compilation FB_IMG_1569409572774

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Reviews Compilation FB_IMG_1569410004617

Last edited:

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Cutest kids!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Suicide doors are great if you have kids.....they can never open the door until the front door is open. I know most cars you can make have "children locks" for rear, but its easy to forget to engage them. When I was about 8 years old, I opened my mom's car door while making a turn and literally fell out of the car because I was intentionally hanging on to the door handle. Luckily not hurt! But if you have adults in the back seat of a car with suicide doors, how do they get out without you getting out first? You can drop off a friend at their house or pick up a friend without you opening your door. Or am I wrong about suicide doors?