2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche]

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Updated 10/19/18:

Porsche has just
officially confirmed this sportwagon Taycan for production by announcing a production version of the Mission E Cross Turismo Concept. As seen in the spy photos, the production sportwagon Taycan will feature the sportback wagon look of the Cross Turismo Concept but not the crossover-like ride height.

There has been a lot of talk about the Porsche Taycan lately, but something Porsche didn’t talk about is the wagon version of the Taycan. Sure, there has been a concept called Cross Turismo, a wagon with a somehow more off-road look but Porsche has not confirmed that it is being considered for production.

Well we don’t have to wait for Porsche to confirm anything since we can now show you the very first photos of the 2020 Taycan Sport Turismo!

As usual, it's been toned down compared to the concept and features more a regular ride height than the Cross Turismo. The Taycan is basically the wagon version of the Taycan and will offer more cargo room and improved headroom for rear passengers thanks to its higher roof line.

The Taycan will most likely come in three different stages of power, the Taycan Carrera ,the Taycan Carrera S and the Taycan Turbo with an output between 400 to 600 horsepower.

All-wheel drive is expected to be standard on all versions initially, but there is the possibility of Porsche launching a more affordable rear-wheel-drive edition in the future. Some rumors have suggested that the Taycan Carrera will be rear-wheel-drive from the start.

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] 2020-Porsche-Taycan-Sport-Turismo-First-Sighting-1
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] 2020-Porsche-Taycan-Sport-Turismo-First-Sighting-2
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] 2020-Porsche-Taycan-Sport-Turismo-First-Sighting-3
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] 2020-Porsche-Taycan-Sport-Turismo-First-Sighting-4
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] 2020-Porsche-Taycan-Sport-Turismo-First-Sighting-5
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] 2020-Porsche-Taycan-Sport-Turismo-First-Sighting-6
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] 2020-Porsche-Taycan-Sport-Turismo-First-Sighting-7
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] 2020-Porsche-Taycan-Sport-Turismo-First-Sighting-8

Last edited:

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Love it! Especially that rear view. Reminds me of E63 AMG wagon, only even sportier and obviously MUCH more efficient :)

PPK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Cayenne GTS
Country flag
This actually looks better than the Cross Turismo concept. That concept rode a little too high like a crossover but this looks like a regular wagon. How much premium we think this will carry over the regular model?

Viand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still looking
Agreed, much more hatchback and sporty and less SUV rear end than the concept. I like it, works well with the Taycan's proportions.

M.K.

2017 911 GTS
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS
Country flag
Electric sport wagon, what a dream! And fills a niche not yet occupied by any manufacturer, including Tesla.

Amazing roofline and rear design. Looks like a well designed sport hatch from this view.

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] 2020-Porsche-Taycan-Sport-Turismo-First-Sighting-8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa 4C
Country flag
Looks good esp the roofline but still hope they get rid of the fake exhaust tips (two not one here) or at least make it black.

Series7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW M550i
Country flag
That's a sweet looking model. So now we'll have the regular Taycan, Taycan Targa and Taycan Wagon. Nice little lineup forming.

Funny they keep putting fake exhaust tips on all the Taycan prototypes. You can even tell there's nothing but plastic underneath the "tips" :)

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo Wagon Spied! [And Confirmed by Porsche] Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.24.42 AM

MarkInMd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2017 F-250
Country flag
Love it too, but I'm still leaning towards Cross Turismo. We'll have to see how each looks in the flesh and what the real differences are. They seem so similar that I wonder if they'll both make it into production.
There's a whole lot of plastic or sheet metal riveted on that thing as camouflage!

Toolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 M240i
Country flag
Love it too, but I'm still leaning towards Cross Turismo. We'll have to see how each looks in the flesh and what the real differences are. They seem so similar that I wonder if they'll both make it into production.
There's a whole lot of plastic or sheet metal riveted on that thing as camouflage!
I'd be surprised if they brought both this Sport Turismo Wagon and a Cross Turismo model. Curious, what do you like better about the Cross Turismo compared to this? I like em both since they're pretty similar anyway.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I like the Cross Turismo better because I like higher ground clearance, for a fair amount off-pavement driving and driving in snow, etc., that I do. I got my Panamera Sport Turismo as a daily driver and a long-distance cross-country cruiser, though we have a couple other vehicles for use in snow, etc.
The Cross Turismo seems like a nice in-between point from the Macan to the Panamera Sport Turismo. The version here looks really cool, but it's more of a shortened Sport Turismo with no extra glass on the sides behind the C pillar. And, as I wrote on another thread here, I'd be happy if they produced a Cross Turismo and/or this particular "baby" Sport Turismo in PHEV form as well as all-EV form, for those of us who do a lot of long-distance driving and driving/overnighting in areas where charging is not really possible (but with a higher-capacity battery pack than 14 kWh).

OP
OP

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Updated 10/19/18:

Porsche has just
officially confirmed the sportwagon Taycan for production by announcing a production version of the Mission E Cross Turismo Concept! As seen in the spy photos, the production sportwagon Taycan will feature the sportback wagon look of the Cross Turismo Concept but not the crossover-like ride height.

Kristoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Hand forced ;)

Still great news, now should we assume it will have the same power and specs as the standard Taycan sedan?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It's actually the same mule they use for the Taycan.
This time with a fastback, you can even see the tape.
Sponsored