Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
They're definitely not covering the interior anymore now that everyone's seen it.

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 3.05.40 PM.png
Funny is that Porsche has a 59 second promo video for Taycan the Nürburgring record where they "fogged up" the dash but then the dash and other parts of the interior are completely seen on the longer video (8 minutes and 10 or so). Go figure.
Sponsored

parlinone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S40
Country flag
What's with those horrible plastic inserts along the headlights?? It's hurting my eyes and destroys the 'eyelid' design of the Mission E, which has the front bumper/nose curving along the headlights and inside the vents. It's the main design feature of the Mission E and it has been completely destroyed.

I'm hoping it's either fake (small chance) or that it at least be painted. It is such a distractor to otherwise incredibly elegant curves.

Fat rear bumper and trimmed fenders are a disappointment, but this is just...what are they thinking?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

newreef77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Country flag
when u look at the doors and the back, next to the guy, u can see it‘ s not only a film the taycan is wrapped with
real hard plastic parts all over. so some magic is still covered. also nice how the charging port works

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos D1BB69D3-7AFD-4B58-B65D-E84E30C360FB

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Now you see, this just makes me think there's so much more to the Taycan's shape than we've seen so far on the mules.

For the record, here's a door of a BMW 5 series showing you how a production door is supposed to look

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos D1BB69D3-7AFD-4B58-B65D-E84E30C360FB

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 09.00.38

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Also just take a moment to recognize just how athletic and beautiful the Taycan looks in these shots - and this is just the mule version!

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos 2020-Porsche-Taycan-front-three-quarter-in-motion-2

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos 2020-Porsche-Taycan-front-three-quarter-2

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Now you see, this just makes me think there's so much more to the Taycan's shape than we've seen so far on the mules.

For the record, here's a door of a BMW 5 series showing you how a production door is supposed to look

D1BB69D3-7AFD-4B58-B65D-E84E30C360FB.png

Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 09.00.38.png

I wish somewhere that you are right.... but I highly doubt it...… all the other trim and detail like the chargeport openings and the handles and handle recesses would also have to be doubled up. And if you look at most photos and videos it does not seem like they are.………. Still think they are hiding enough info behind a film anyway though but not as much as whole panels would...…….

Last edited:

newreef77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Country flag
and also very interesting at 3:15- 3:18 when he leans back, the glass is not clear. it looks more like a lens ;-)

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
and also very interesting at 3:15- 3:18 when he leans back, the glass is not clear. it looks more like a lens ;-)
Looks like they took Dee’s suggestion and put in two layers of glass (or plastic) to try and fill that obvious temporary detail ‘glitch’

All designed to cover up the tapering roofline (to the, yet to be exposed (‘duct’)

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I think it's also strange that Porsche is virtualy already showing the car from the beginning while others rely on heavy camo.
Is that strategy cuz it's such a new car for Porsche?
Or is there something more under there?
We can debate some more for just one week so go ahead, at the 4th we know it...

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
You have to admit it, these guys are putting in huge effort periodically updating the camo

Yes they are certainly hiding things the question is only how much...………….. ? I love the car as it is turning out but it would be great if it became even closer to the M-e :)
Sponsored