2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Yeah, now we have distance, speed and (via stopwatch and 1/4 speed playback) time. Looks like about 2.9-3s (with 1ft rollout) 0-60mph, 5.2-5.4s 0-90mph, 4.7-4.9 s for 330ft. All a bit slower than a P100DL, but with most of the time lost in the first meters (e.g. 0-30 mph of ~1.2s). I assume an aircraft carrier deck doesn't quite compare to a prepped drag strip, grip wise. Anyways, by 1/8 mile it should be pretty close, and for 1/4 mile I still think the Taycan might be ahead by a little, depending on how much "under 10s" its 0-200km/h time really is.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Yeah, I think so too.
The Model S P100DL does around 11 seconds 0-200km/h.

But, according to some sources, the Taycan is lighter (about 200kg) and it has a two-speed.
Plus, and that's the most important thing, it can do this all day long in contrast to a Model S which will overheat apparently.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Yeah, I think so too.
The Model S P100DL does around 11 seconds 0-200km/h.

But, according to some sources, the Taycan is lighter (about 200kg) and it has a two-speed.
Plus, and that's the most important thing, it can do this all day long in contrast to a Model S which will overheat apparently.
my opinion but lost in translation is the exterior where one looks like it's going to the latest downtown steakhouse, the other like it's taking the family to dairy queen for ice cream

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
This image is not the production Taycan that we will get. The fender flares are considerably higher above the wheel wells and hood, and much more agressive than the production Taycan. I'm quite disappointed that Porsche decided to show a mission E 'under wraps' like it was going to be the production car. This does smack of false advertising to me - maybe not legally but I don't think they've done their reputation a positive by showing a concept car 'under wraps' and having us think it's the production version.
Why are you so sure this isn’t the production car?
Maybe Porsche still has a few tricks up their sleeve?
Maybe the pics of the blue car (in the ‘almost’ reveal) are mules with the black film off?
Maybe...... things aren’t quite what they seem?

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
This image is not the production Taycan that we will get. The fender flares are considerably higher above the wheel wells and hood, and much more agressive than the production Taycan. I'm quite disappointed that Porsche decided to show a mission E 'under wraps' like it was going to be the production car. This does smack of false advertising to me - maybe not legally but I don't think they've done their reputation a positive by showing a concept car 'under wraps' and having us think it's the production version.
The car on this pictures is the production Taycan, believe me or not...I saw the car under there.
Still the bonnet Looks weird on this one, because of the car cover. In reality it doesn't look so much like an GT3RS bonnet - but still sporty.

Kind regards

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
Hmm can’t get the video you are linking to.........?!
It's gone now.

It was blurry footage of a white Taycan driving on a mountain pass. 1 minute long or so. You couldn't really see too many details but it looked very close to the pre-production models or the mules.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The car on this pictures is the production Taycan, believe me or not...I saw the car under there.
Still the bonnet Looks weird on this one, because of the car cover. In reality it doesn't look so much like an GT3RS bonnet - but still sporty.

Kind regards
OK, maybe it's just me, but the fenders over the front wheels look way more aggressive in this picture than the mules, or what the production Taycan will look like. If you're saying 'the bonnet looks weird', that means it doesn't really represent the production car, which again in my mind is somewhat deceptive.

Reactions: Ron