2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
You have to admit it, these guys are putting in huge effort periodically updating the camo
And promotion too: worldwide demo's, records, journalists driving the car, big internet reveal with sport chrono option (the clock), even before the IAA...
I think they're pretty serious about the Taycan...
Sponsored

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
I think it's also strange that Porsche is virtualy already showing the car from the beginning while others rely on heavy camo.
Is that strategy cuz it's such a new car for Porsche?
Or is there something more under there?
We can debate some more for just one week so go ahead, at the 4th we know it...

Thank God

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
People in this thread are obsessing page over page over slight differences in height
Tbh this is cause I think so many pics of Taycan feature the mule with very jacked up high riding suspension, not like you'd find on the production car, I think the body height per se is fixed, but the ride height - as it's going through testing - means so many Taycan mules are so unreasonably jacked up

curvatures around the C-pillar

For me personally the biggest eyesore between the Mission E and Taycan is the way they changed the headlight vents. Now please tell me why that deserves a facepalm.
There's - going by the door picture - a whole layer of cladding on the Taycan, some very nice surprises in store wrt shape. And yeah, I think when we see it in a lighter colour, we can probably judge the vent in a bit more detail

parlinone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S40
Country flag
Tbh this is cause I think so many pics of Taycan feature the mule with very jacked up high riding suspension, not like you'd find on the production car, I think the body height per se is fixed, but the ride height - as it's going through testing - means so many Taycan mules are so unreasonably jacked up

There's - going by the door picture - a whole layer of cladding on the Taycan, some very nice surprises in store wrt shape. And yeah, I think when we see it in a lighter colour, we can probably judge the vent in a bit more detail
Well I understand perfectly, I share most sentiments especially regarding the blobby rear bumper and toned down fenders. But the plastic inserts around the headlights have been so consistent they seem part of the final design, which I have a hard time to look past. It looks like two scars TBH.

I still have some slight hope the inserts are part of the masking, and the rear bumper juts out a bit less, and MAYBE wider fenders will be part of a special edition series / GTS. But that GTS would be wayy out of budget for me.

soly20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 TT, Range Rover Sport, BMW 525
Country flag
Well I understand perfectly, I share most sentiments especially regarding the blobby rear bumper and toned down fenders. But the plastic inserts around the headlights have been so consistent they seem part of the final design, which I have a hard time to look past. It looks like two scars TBH.

I still have some slight hope the inserts are part of the masking, and the rear bumper juts out a bit less, and MAYBE wider fenders will be part of a special edition series / GTS. But that GTS would be wayy out of budget for me.
Good thing they will be gone as per PAG_J1. I was worried they were there to stay.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
The door picture showed that car was a sapphire blue Taycan covered in a protective black film with the film slightly off by the rear door window....no padding.

The Jonny Smith video very clearly described in DETAIL what camouflage was on the vehicle.....the headlights, the fake turn signals on the bumper, the gills on the side vents and the rear spoiler/taillights. It is very wishful thinking that anything else will be different, especially if you are expecting something to be bigger (such as more shape to the rear quarter panel and front fenders). Sorry, the Taycan went on a a diet...lol

This photo with Jonny Smith is the shape of the body of the Taycan.....its a good looking sports sedan. You have to compare it to the BMW 6 series, Audi A7, Mercedes CLS Coupe, etc

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos 2020-porsche-taycan-at-lahr-airport

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
Good thing they will be gone as per PAG_J1. I was worried they were there to stay.
He was referring to the glass capsule around the four LED headlight elements. The flat transverse black insert below the headlight assembly will not be paint color per PAG_J1...

soly20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 TT, Range Rover Sport, BMW 525
Country flag
He was referring to the glass capsule around the four LED headlight elements. The flat transverse black insert below the headlight assembly will not be paint color per PAG_J1...
It might be that you can make it the same as body color as an option.

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
Sure, or gloss black like Porsche likes to offer, but we don’t know that. Would be a good option maybe but would still be a separate piece. Maybe it needs to be present for access/service reasons.

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
I really don't think so as I saw it in black even on a really high specced Taycan Turbo S. Maybe in a Carbon Option with the Carbon Exterieur package, but we'll see...