ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This may at first look seem like a comparison with a Tesla Model S, but looking more you can see its simply an article on the Taycan Turbo S and how the Porsche DNA is shown within it. I found it both sensible and inspiring.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/porsche/taycan/2020/2020-porsche-taycan-turbo-s-first-test-review/

The closing message is clear (Spoiler Alert) ;-)
Stuttgart's turn to insert Porsche DNA into the cool, sterile electric car has sparked life; in several ways, it's notably better-driving than any gasoline Panamera. The Taycan also answers the Jeopardy question: What is the Porsche we need for a livable planet?

And better yet, it's a Porsche you'll also really, really, want.
Sponsored

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A couple notes from the article:
- apparently it is standard to have 400 pounds of extra weight. That is good news, since I can safely gain another 230 pounds and still hit this performance!
- They worked with a third party, Emissions Analytics, which does a lot of car testing.
- They got good rates of charge, peaking at 138 at a 150 charger and 261 at a 350 charger.
- The test driver was one of "the solar system's most experienced mileage-testing driver". Also, his name is Jesus. I trust these results.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone else cringe when a reviewer doesn't know how to correctly pronounce the name of the vehicle? I can understand someone who is not part of the industry, but from MotorTrend?!? #facepalm Very disappointing IMO.

If only they stuck with written word. Then we'd never know. HAHA

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Very well written. . . .
Well the use of the German word "lächerlich" is lächerlich.....author must have used google translate with the word ludicrous, which too often is NOT quite right. Germans would use the word more to describe something that is laughable. (The German verb "lachen" means to laugh). I wonder if Tesla uses the word lächerlich to describe the Ludicrous mode.....that would be a laughable as the Chevy Nova sold in spanish speaking countries.......(No va means "it doesnt go")
Sponsored

Last edited: