2020 Taycan 4S Revealed by Porsche!

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Just checked configurator

And yes, you can spec it with better rims. You can even spec it with Mission E style wheels

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So the only reason to order a Turbo or Turbo S is if you really want to show off. The 4S is much better bang for the buck. You still get "oh shit" speed, better handling due to lower weight, and higher range.

I'm willing to bet the 7 grand is well spent upgrading the battery, though. So the 4S "Performance" model seems, by far, the most logical option.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
So the only reason to order a Turbo or Turbo S is if you really want to show off. The 4S is much better bang for the buck. You still get "oh shit" speed, better handling due to lower weight, and higher range.
Agree so far. Details matter, but hard to see why you would buy the Turbo or Turbo S.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I think a lot of it depends on what kind of cars you're used to, how much money you have to spare for a new car, how much you want to show off etc. I do understand why someone wants a Turbo, or the Turbo S. For me personally the 4S with the large battery makes by far the most sense. It's still faster than any car I've owned so far, has the best range of all the Taycan's (note that if you upgrade to larger tires, this might not be the case, as the smaller tires help with range) and it's 40k€ cheaper than the Turbo.

I've now configured both the Turbo and the 4S Performance with all the extras I really want and the Turbo would be 180k€ & the 4S is 140k€ total. That is, for me at least, a relevant difference. Currently 90% sure I'm going to order the 4S, will meet the person from the local dealership very soon.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
B

I'm willing to bet the 7 grand is well spent upgrading the battery, though. So the 4S "Performance" model seems, by far, the most logical option.

My thoughts exactly. Plus a few options and i will be good.
hopefully i can get out under 125k

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree so far. Details matter, but hard to see why you would buy the Turbo or Turbo S.
some people might say if you’re buying Porsche for “bang for your buck” you’re doing life wrong ...
Some people also buy Ferraris and I don’t understand that ...

Junsoo

First Name
Junsoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Is there anyone who got the information about normal model? Price, release date or something

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
some people might say if you’re buying Porsche for “bang for your buck” you’re doing life wrong ...
Some people also buy Ferraris and I don’t understand that ...
Ferraris, I sort of get. Maseratis, however, defy logic. I feel like Maserati is an Italian term for an intimate and expensive relationship with a mechanic. But to each their own. I just can’t wait for the 4S configurator to go live in the US.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag

I mean, it's possible that people order the Turbo S instead of the Turbo because of lower ride height (I've been told, and really hope, that it's possible to get the same effect for the Turbo)

But the 4S is the same height as the Turbo S, so if you spec it with Mission E wheels, you could have a better-handling, if slightly lower powered, cracking little vehicle which you can spec to look (mostly) like a Turbo S

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
And as a bonus the 4S has a 1.4 cubic foot bigger boot (trunk) because of the smaller rear electric motor.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
You can try the UK configurator, I saw the 4S earlier on the UK configurator
I think it will be difficult to extrapolate from the non-US sites. The configuration for Turbo US cars includes a Premium package, whereas the EU has only individual options that have to be selected one by one. Will have to wait this one out. My guess is that a decent optioned 4S will be north of 130k.
Sponsored