GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Screwiest Owners Manual I have ever seen.
There are really no 'Sections' devoted to a particular area of the car......Table of Contents page numbers jump all over the place.
If you like had copy......you have no choice but to print all 325 pages.

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
Does anyone have the manual of the Mobile Charger Connect? I wonder if you can use it to charge at a socket in a safe way without risk of fire and other fire or overload hazards.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Does anyone have the manual of the Mobile Charger Connect? I wonder if you can use it to charge at a socket in a safe way without risk of fire and other fire or overload hazards.
I have the charger on the wall in my garage and plugged into a normal wall socket. The socket is fused at 16 amps, 240 volt. And the charger can be set to charge at between 6 amp to 10 amps. See picture below. Works ok but takes a long time for charging. I will upgrade the wiring and put in a new industrial supply that will give me the full 11 kW charge.

Porsche Taycan 2020 Taycan Drivers Manual / Owners Manual [PDF] 1AF90E48-4472-4C45-B210-757E66CA7ACF

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, it's like this.
Here in the Netherlands, the electricity network is well organized. My home connection is a 3 phase 230V at 32Amps so 22Kw is possible. However, an 11 kwh home charger is connected, so the 22 kwh option won't be used. However, I want to know if the Mobile Charger Connect can be used on a normal socket - for example, a socket in the garden or something similar. If you're going on a trip to a holiday home and there is no charging point anywhere in the area, you can charge it with the mobile charger connect in case of need to charge. So is it safe to plug it into an outlet that isn't on a separate circuit? (10 Amps - 1 phase - 230V)
So it concerns in an emergency, so it will not occur daily, charging is too slow for that.
Thanks for your help in advance!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not think that it will be a problem say at a holiday home. The thing to remember though is that older installation do not have a rating for a continuous load. So if the circuit is designed for 10 amp , I would only charge at say 6 to 8 amp max. And that is very easy to set on the charger. But it will be sitting there for some time if you need to charge a lot.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@DQLAV just to show you the possibilities?

We made a trip in our Tesla last year to a hotel way off the main roads. Asking if the Hotel had any EV charging facility they said “ No but we have a spare socket in our reception that you can use” . We parked just outside and they plugged in my mobile charger in the office, which was manned all night long. The socket was rated at 16 amp so we set the car to charge at 10 amps and it worked a treat!
Below is a picture of the car with the lead going in to the hotel reception.:)

Porsche Taycan 2020 Taycan Drivers Manual / Owners Manual [PDF] 80438B82-BE5A-488D-9ED4-BDAD08D380F5

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice to hear, it's great that the possibilities are present. Perhaps there is still enough juice in the battery to last the entire holiday week, but if it is necessary to recharge once, this can be done via the socket at night - no matter how slow :)

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
OK.....I found the 1st typo in the 325 page owners manual :rolleyes:.
I added spacers to kick the wheels out a tad and thought I'd check, for giggles, what lug bolt torque the manual said Porsche said they'd like. I was just curious since having Pcars for years and always using the 95-97 ftlbs......but never on a 5,000 lb car.
And.....on page 256 of the manual I found it......they recommend 1180 ftlb.
After breaking off a lug bolt and snapping a torque wrench I saw that they corrected themselves on page 255. There it states only 118 ftlb. is required

No.....I didn't break anything......and, pretty sure both are wrong.
She's going in tomorrow on a couple of the 'Campaigns' and I'll ask the techs for their opin.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
OK.....I found the 1st typo in the 325 page owners manual :rolleyes:.
I added spacers to kick the wheels out a tad and thought I'd check, for giggles, what lug bolt torque the manual said Porsche said they'd like. I was just curious since having Pcars for years and always using the 95-97 ftlbs......but never on a 5,000 lb car.
And.....on page 256 of the manual I found it......they recommend 1180 ftlb.
After breaking off a lug bolt and snapping a torque wrench I saw that they corrected themselves on page 255. There it states only 118 ftlb. is required

No.....I didn't break anything......and, pretty sure both are wrong.
She's going in tomorrow on a couple of the 'Campaigns' and I'll ask the techs for their opin.
Following up here......apparently 118ftlb. is actually correct.
Pretty hefty.....I think even more than center-lock GT3's

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Following up here......apparently 118ftlb. is actually correct.
Pretty hefty.....I think even more than center-lock GT3's
All four of our Porsche’ cars purchased since 2012, from Cayman SBE to Taycan Turbo S, have 118 ftlb wheel bolt torque specified. It is not new.