2020 Turbo needs a new high power battery

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
I am not a gifted math guy! Does that makes sense?
it does make sense, if everything else is the same, but I guess this will be difficult with preconditioning. I cannot remember ever charged more than mid to high 80s kWh in my car, because I do not precon it.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
it does make sense, if everything else is the same, but I guess this will be difficult with preconditioning. I cannot remember ever charged more than mid to high 80s kWh in my car, because I do not precon it.
Have you ever charged from really low SoC to 100%?

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
yes, it was during we had a flatrate charging offer, so I cannot check how much it was. but it took ages like 9h or so

OP
OP
thedoctor

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Did your dealer give an ETA projection for your new battery?
Tow truck picked it up on a Friday. Porsche looked at it on Monday. That Wednesday they said it needs a new high power battery and they said they think it would be 1-2 weeks. Now it’s a month from when the tow truck took her.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Tow truck picked it up on a Friday. Porsche looked at it on Monday. That Wednesday they said it needs a new high power battery and they said they think it would be 1-2 weeks. Now it’s a month from when the tow truck took her.
Sigh…

RinOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
At least you’ll get the upgraded battery system. It’s always tough to wait. I had a Lexus laid up for 6 weeks because they couldn’t get an outside drivers door mirror on a body repair. They took the car apart and then told me they couldn’t get the part. They didn’t want to put the door back together temporarily for me. I was mad for sure so I understand the frustration.

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Checking how long it took for @thedoctor to receive a new batter? Any compensation from Porsche for the wait. Been 5 weeks after tow for me.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I’m still waiting. It’s been since Christmas that I haven’t had the Taycan.
And the compensation is he now owns a lower than average mileage Taycan :)

RinOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
From Christmas until today without a battery is beyond ridiculous. Patience is one thing but that’s incompetence. I woils tell them to take the car back but of course that’s up to you. There is no explanation they could come up with that wold make that tolerable. Well, maybe if they gave you a GT3 Touring loaner…..

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Out of curiosity, what would your options be from a legal perspective? Does the dealer or Porsche have any responsibility beyond repair? Can they keep the car indefinitely or can you invoke the lemon law (in the US at least)?
Sponsored