JGF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Finally can say delivered- picked it up today. Still no rhyme or reason for the hold up but my ordeal is over for now. Good luck to those still waiting- hope you are tracking a ship soon!

have to post pictures!
Sponsored

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
have to post pictures!
posted a couple in the other thread didn't wanna spam! I’ll get better ones as it was pouring out but heres a few- rwd White with Limestone/Blk

Porsche Taycan 2021… “stuck” in Emden  or delivered ? 5B20243A-ED8B-42BE-8F83-C0D09012A638

Porsche Taycan 2021… “stuck” in Emden  or delivered ? AB195FA8-404B-4F85-89CB-B9A9E7B0E55F

Porsche Taycan 2021… “stuck” in Emden  or delivered ? 8A740F2E-6D11-4DC4-8594-4B3FA3999A36

mccoc66

First Name
Amitabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My Taycan 2022 was ordered in Nov 2021. It has been stuck at scheduled for production since 12/21. I do not know what is next. Any ideas?

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Taycan 2022 was ordered in Nov 2021. It has been stuck at scheduled for production since 12/21. I do not know what is next. Any ideas?
Didnt the factory close down for the holidays at the end of Dec? In general from what I’ve seen here the 22s are getting in and out alot quicker. We had some special cases with our cars from a certain time period that caused a massive delay. Your Nov order is prob not in the same boat as these cars that were ordered back in May/June.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
has an explanation ever been issued for what happened with the May/June cars?

mccoc66

First Name
Amitabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Didnt the factory close down for the holidays at the end of Dec? In general from what I’ve seen here the 22s are getting in and out alot quicker. We had some special cases with our cars from a certain time period that caused a massive delay. Your Nov order is prob not in the same boat as these cars that were ordered back in May/June.
That is good to know! Actually it is supposed to start production by Jan 7th. Keeping mu fingerw crossed!

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
has an explanation ever been issued for what happened with the May/June cars?
Only thing I ever got was the standard chip shortage / supply chain delays language.

No explanation for why other cars were in and out of production in the meantime while ours sat. Probably never know at this point.

OP
OP
JGF

JGF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Only thing I ever got was the standard chip shortage / supply chain delays language.

No explanation for why other cars were in and out of production in the meantime while ours sat. Probably never know at this point.

Much more likely to get Trump tax returns than any explanation from Porsche.

My guess is that they "ran out of 2021 specific electronics", and the changed suppliers for 2022, as they were about to immediately start 2022 production....

The one "item" common to all cars that drastically changed for 2022 was the PCM. New processor, new software, etc.. Porsche could not just put a 2022 PCM in a 2021, as total car programming is centered in the PCM. just my thought..

I would be interested to see what manufactured date is on the door sticker.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
New PCM? This is the first I’ve heard of that. I suspect that the ‘22 PCM is a purported improvement? Nothing quite like taking delivery of a car that is already a bit obsolete…. particularly at this price point.

*Edit: oh and I forgot to mention that I only received one key at delivery with a promise that they’ll call me when the second key comes in. I won’t hold my breath.

According to my SA, “Porsche is prioritizing the second key for cars already delivered “….

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
New PCM? This is the first I’ve heard of that. I suspect that the ‘22 PCM is a purported improvement? Nothing quite like taking delivery of a car that is already a bit obsolete…. particularly at this price point.

*Edit: oh and I forgot to mention that I only received one key at delivery with a promise that they’ll call me when the second key comes in. I won’t hold my breath.

According to my SA, “Porsche is prioritizing the second key for cars already delivered “….
As far as PCM goes, I’ve read that here but wouldn't explain the 21s that got ordered and delivered while the others were still stuck. Something def changed for 22 but I dont know what changed for 21 mid cycle if anything.

oh and I’m part of the one key crew as well. Honestly just happy to have A key at this point lol

Reactions: vdr

GreenDay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4, Porsche Macan S
Country flag
I ordered my MY22 CT4 end of Oct 2021 a couple of weeks before freeze. Build Start Nov 19th, Build End Nov 26th. It's now on the boat due to land at port on Sun Jan 10th. Something if definitely up with those earlier orders. I went for a rather simple build so I wonder if it's particular options?

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered my MY22 CT4 end of Oct 2021 a couple of weeks before freeze. Build Start Nov 19th, Build End Nov 26th. It's now on the boat due to land at port on Sun Jan 10th. Something if definitely up with those earlier orders. I went for a rather simple build so I wonder if it's particular options?
We went down that path too to try and narrow down if it was a sepcific option that was holding things up but never came up with anything solid. Seemed pretty random as it was across the different models and different options/builds.

What I came to believe is my car was “done” right around the time the factory was shutting down for break - when it came back online it got forgotten somewhere and production on others continued ? only thing that made sense to me throughout the whole ordeal.

I was just hoping I didn't get the cancelation email. I actually managed to be one of the last to get a discount, albeit very small compared to my first offer, but still better than msrp or over msrp that came after.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
oh and I’m part of the one key crew as well. Honestly just happy to have A key at this point lol
If you don't mind.. kindly post up a message when/if you get your second key and I'll do the same. I'm working off the assumption that the keys will start flowing for these nearly-orphaned cars around the same time and I don't trust my dealer enough to reach out to me in due course.

I was just hoping I didn't get the cancelation email. I actually managed to be one of the last to get a discount, albeit very small compared to my first offer, but still better than msrp or over msrp that came after.
This is the ONLY reason I stuck with the order as a got a very decent discount off of MSRP and this likely wasn't something I'd get if I cancelled and went with an entirely new order...

Porsche Taycan 2021… “stuck” in Emden  or delivered ? tay4s

Porsche Taycan 2021… “stuck” in Emden  or delivered ? Tay4s1

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you don't mind.. kindly post up a message when/if you get your second key and I'll do the same. I'm working off the assumption that the keys will start flowing for these nearly-orphaned cars around the same time and I don't trust my dealer enough to reach out to me in due course.
beautiful - enjoy it. On the key I read here that the dealers can place an order for the 2nd key. I’m due back in the dealership this week so will try that route and keep you posted.

Also just realized that I might* be missing the wireless phone charger too. Gotta play with the settings when I get back to the car to confirm.
Sponsored

Reactions: vdr