Rafe Stone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche- 1979 SC; 1998 Carrera; 2007 Carrera; 2019 Panamera S; Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car has been there 2wks + 1 day so far. Some problem with getting the owners manual to load. Dealer is blaming Porsche headquarters for failing to respond to their calls for support/help.
I had a problem with my dealer returning calls. I contacted Porsche support by email and described the problem with my dealer. Support responded the next day and so did my dealer. The dealer is now corresponding daily. Maybe you should go directly to support and establish a written complaint trail.
Sponsored

Evnoob

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I can see by your 0.7 Mi/kWH figure in your info display in your photo that you have the same fault as I have. I regularly achieve above 3.0 mi/kWH. However, on a long journey when really focused on extending range (it’s become a bit of a fun self challenge) soon after my trip reaches 3.8 mi/kWH the trip drops to zero and then subsequently shows terrible numbers (like the 0.7 in your photo). It’s as if the system has not been programmed to calculate consumption results above 3.8 and therefore starts the calculation again, and gets it wrong. It’s clearly a bug. I now do my own calculations by using the % battery used to calc the kWHr used and then using the mileage covered to make the calculation. I regularly score 3.8 mi/kWH. I’m hoping once the weather warms up I’ll be able to get above 4.0 (83.7 kWH battery x 4.0 miles = 335 miles!). I just wish the bug in the trip meter would get fixed so the car could do the math for me as I go. Either way, gonna keep gaming the max efficiency until I get above 4.0.
Anybody got above 4.0 yet?
Anybody got the same Trip issue? Anybody tried using the reverse unit setting of kWH per mile and found the same problem (I dislike that metric setting - as I prefer the miles per kWH setting as it aligns with my 44 years driving MPG mindset)?
IMHO the key to range is to become the master of coasting - foot hovering over the break but never touching it!
Yep. I have a few times in my RWD.

Porsche Taycan 2021 April Software update results - 2020 Taycan Turbo 1635446724068

but after the software update, like you, I know also have the nonsense bug which is really annoying because it throws off my lifetime consumption as well.

Porsche Taycan 2021 April Software update results - 2020 Taycan Turbo 1635446809349

It’s quite clear from the miles I’ve done and the remaining range (237) that it couldn’t be less than 3mi/kWh. According to those calculations I’d only get 40miles on a tank.

The rest of the car seems to get it right so it’s clearly a local bug in the display of the trip computer.

Developers what have you done? Telemetry anyone? Unit tests? Geez!

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Switch to kWh/100 miles. Pre-update, I also had an issue (can't confirm the two were definitely related), where somehow the car lost part of the input data for the Mi/kWh calculation and the range mode calculation forced me to 55 mph max. Not a problem - just turned off range mode - but I've had no issues with kWh/100 miles.
Sponsored