2021 Audi e-tron GT, the Taycan's sibling...

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not gonna lie, if the e-tron GT RS was available today, I'd probably take that over the Turbo. It'll be cheaper, and I can jump the queue more likely at my Audi dealer. (Bought 2 R8's, RS4, a few S4's. etc).

I like the hatchback more than the small trunk opening on the Taycan also. Plus it'll be available in Daytona Gray. :p

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am a little curious about the eTron GT. I'll definitely consider it once I can drive one. Generally don't love Audis, though.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
If the Audi had been available, it would have given me a slightly lower-cost and lower profile option. I'm kind of glad that it wasn't, as I have a Porsche now! I also like the look of the Taycan more.

As an interesting aside, I wonder if this suggests that one of the customizations that we will eventually see is people changing the sound of their car. Time will tell...

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Not gonna lie, if the e-tron GT RS was available today, I'd probably take that over the Turbo. It'll be cheaper, and I can jump the queue more likely at my Audi dealer. (Bought 2 R8's, RS4, a few S4's. etc).
I would be interested if it was available now. At the moment, it seems like it will take another 6-9 months before they are available.

Will it be a hatchback, though? The body seems to share most proportions with Taycan, so it looks likely to stay a sedan like the Taycan.

Daytona grey is nice, I wish Porsche would give a similar colour.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will it be a hatchback, though? The body seems to share most proportions with Taycan, so it looks likely to stay a sedan like the Taycan.
The prototype E-Tron GT driven in various videos that I have seen (e.g., by Tony Stark in Avengers: Endgame) was definitely a hatchback.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The prototype E-Tron GT driven in various videos that I have seen (e.g., by Tony Stark in Avengers: Endgame) was definitely a hatchback.
The Audi eTron GT they showed up at the premiere in was a sedan with the exact same trunk as the Taycan. It's in videos.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One of the early threads from a long time back suggested that there would not be a hatchback because of the weight that the apparatus to support it would add to the car. I don’t know if the Cross Turismo suggests that the theory is wrong.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
It will add some weight but not necessarily that much. I am wondering if it might come into conflict with the glass roof?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

I am so happy with my Taycan, that I might look at the Audi, but not buy it. We will most likely buy the EQS...

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
You can see on this walkaround that it's not a hatchback. It's also interesting how some of the interior elements, the seats particularly, are similar to the Taycan's.

I was pretty keen to wait for an e-tron GT earlier this year, but looking at the performance specs Audi are touting I'm not convinced it will be priced much below a 4S at least initially.

...and then I did a test drive in a Taycan and put an order in more or less straight away, such a fantastic car.
Sponsored